5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

hdcvo2720

Reaction score
Hi, Second time I lost the presets and profile. I have the key fob programmed to the user. I have the user profile setup and it last about a month then disappears. Very Annoying for the price of the equipment. They have had plenty of time to work the bugs out already. Waiting till Q4 seems like an excuse because they have no idea.

myram2019

Reaction score
I'm running software 18.27.17 and am not experiencing any issues. Maybe the older versions are more stable.
What version do you guys have that are having issues ?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a new 2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab w/new Tailgate, Customer Preferred package and Level 2 for all the audio and safety at 64K... Now, let me preface this by saying I am a Microsoft Engineer so technology is supposed to be my forte.. However, I haven't seen this many bugs in a vehicle technology in a long time that neither the Dealership, Uconnect, or SiriusXM Guardian can comprehend. So please read through and add to the list so I can escalate this to FCA since I can find someone on the inside through business relationships.. Picked up my Truck Friday, went through everything at the dealership. Everything worked. Saturday rolls around and BAM. Nothing works.
-Before I get into the nitty gritty, the Truck is gorgous from the inside out. FCA DID A GREAT JOB Designing. Just the software sucks.

Equipment
iPhone XS Max
2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab

1) NAV is completely lost. What is even worse is if you use Carplay (Apple) It still tries to use the Trucks GPS not the phones which makes it still inaccurate.
2) SiriusXM Guardian somehow un-activated and now will not re-activate under any circumstances. The issue you are going to run into is that they will resend a signal which you can do from the Mopar site. This works if you lose a signal and it is still activated. If it is not activated, then it is grayed out which means you can't even use it.
3) The Voice recognition is completely useless. Especially with the NAV out it makes it even worse.
4) The HK 19 speakers.. I mean its good.. is it 2K good? Nope.
5) The backup camera is hit or miss depending on your combination of how you use it. If you hit the back up camera while doing something else the screen goes black. I don't remember the exact combo but I was able to reproduce it multiple times and had to hit the power button a few times to get the screen to come back up.
6) The split screen doesn't function correctly. It still can't differentiate b/t the top and bottom all the time.
7) The A/C.. Now I have read some of the threads and I think they are on to something. I don't know if it is a different type of refrigerant or not but I have had a 2016 dodge ram and a 2013 ram. (Yes, I know, I have a problem with new trucks) Anyways, it blows. And not in a good way.
8) S.O.S Button does not work, this is due to the rest of the system not working. It uses an embedded SIM similar to your phone/smart watch. I believe this is causing the software glitch on this.
9) Bluetooth and calling seems to cut in and out. I have had calls drop a few times already which is also strange.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Soft Reset
- Using the steering wheel on both ACC and RUN. This did not fix any issues. I believe it actually made it worse as now my screen will go black.
-Disconnect Battery and let it reset... Works for a computer right?? Nope. Software is still having issues.

GPS Re-Calibrate
-I was told to drive in 5 circles counter clockwise under 15mph. Turn the engine off. Open the door for 30 seconds and it would re-calibrate... Nope. Just made me dizzy.

HARD RESET
DOES THIS EVEN EXIST??? In the 8.4 Uconnect, you could download and update all you want. You could perform a factory reset etc. You can get into dealermode and delete your personal data.. Cool Bro.

I have spent the last two days along with being at the dealership for them to open a star case and tell me that they have seen a few issues.. Now, I am pretty good at troubleshooting and ruling out variables so if you have a truck that isn't having any of these issues please speak up so we can see what software rev you are on along with date MFG>

- Long story short, This truck is brand new which means anyone who has any previous versions is most likely having the same/similar issues. I believe this has to do with the SIM LTE as it is activating but now being processed incorrectly in the Uconnect software which is not being handled. FCA apparently have had quite a few TSB's with this model already and that is why I waited hoping it would all be demo'd out. I was wrong.. But lets get some pressure going to get this hammered as this is a great truck. I just don't understand why there isn't a Project Manager handling the relationship between FCA, Uconnect and Sirius. When you sell a package of Technology for an additional 5-7K it better damn work. Please leave any thoughts as I am about to return it.

UPDATE:
Took the Truck back to the dealership after having multiple conversations with Uconnect and them assigning me a Case Manager. They went through and said they will have to order a new 12" radio for it. I was back there in the shop working with the tech after they found out about my background. Even using the USB Stick, you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT Factory reset or reload the Uconnect software. If the unit has 28.1 on it and it is not working, you cannot re-install. Not even Over the air. So that sucked. After we went through 3-4 hours of Diagnostics with the Witech, it still didn't work. So they ordered a new radio, then I get a call from Uconnect. Uconnect told me the radio they ordered wasn't new and it was a refurb.... Uconnect said they are trying to get an OEM (New) one expedited and sent to the dealer. The case manager also told me that they are aware of the NAV issue on the units but they do not know which, how, or what. In other words, if you have NAV units, you either need a new truck or a new radio to fix it. They did not have any way of tracking them either. So I told them to find a new truck and I am not going to be their experiment on figuring this out as I have been managing this the whole time. We will see what happens.
Any updates of anything positive/progress

nmajor18

Reaction score
@bmarcurella what software version is the new screen running? I'm curious as to what hardware/software changes they have made to a new screen out of the box.....

Thanks!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn Laramie build date 06/2019 came with Software version 18.45.40 and didn't experience any issue.
0777271581d01cdc4fe3251c46ddb088.jpg

lsteele

Reaction score
How do I do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With vehicle in the on position but not sarted hold the very bottom left icon pressed and the very right icon in for at least 7 seconds and the dealer page comes up.

Neokane

Reaction score
They also need to create a volume menu where you can adjust the individual volumes of each sound (radio, navigation, phone notifications, etc) my phone notifications for turned down and I am trying to catch a text or call to turn it back up.

BOShaughnessy

Reaction score
Picked up my Blacked Out Limited Friday (4 days ago} . Lots of the same problems. My SiriusXM disappeared (and grey'd out) for 24 hours. Nav was off by 1/4 mile. TravelLink grey'd out. Couldn't save AM/FM presets. While I was sitting in the truck typing another message to the dealership, everything came back (including SiriusXM presets and profile). I was happy for 2 days until I climbed in this morning and it's all gone again.

I've noticed that when alls working, I'm not prompted to accept the uconnect agreement at start up.

I noticed today the GPS Reliability is None.
It's disappointing to get a $70,210 truck and be embarrassed to show it off because so many things don't work.

20191022_183118.jpg 20191022_175416.jpg 20191022_175441.jpg

Jfontbaby

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Uconnect 12 bought 10/22

turn off phone projection and try to play music via usb and itunes .
there is popping and static throughout the speaker system .
I was able to duplicate this problem on a different truck . tried different phones and cables . Same problem .

Would be nice to leave side view mirrors on while towing .

Would be nice to go into surround view when pulling out of park driving forward .

help

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 Uconnect 12 bought 10/22

turn off phone projection and try to play music via usb and itunes .
there is popping and static throughout the speaker system .
I was able to duplicate this problem on a different truck . tried different phones and cables . Same problem .

Would be nice to leave side view mirrors on while towing .

Would be nice to go into surround view when pulling out of park driving forward .

help

You can turn on surround camera if your speed is 8mph or less(correct me if the speed # is wrong), did this all the time.

BoOdOg

Reaction score
so 2020 ram 1500 having issues, i've contacted Sirus Guardian once and spent like 30min on phone and they got it working. Lasted for a couple days then errors. Couple things I noticed during their troubleshooting they asked me to hit the SOS and tell them this is a test. The person couldn't hear me. I've had that a couple times from my bluetooth pairing and now during this test.

12" screen version: 18.45.40
App version: 3.3.5 (Iphone 11 Pro)

The other thing I noticed maybe it's just the app can't find anyone else with one to confirm is my truck is white, in the app it's burgundy.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe this will help move FCA along: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27634301/2019-ram-1500-reliability-maintenance/
@RamCares

For me and my one week of ownership so far (and I made sure the dealership updated to latest firmware before picking up the truck) I've had one glitch this morning where it played both the local radio station and my local audio book from my IPhone at the same time....could not get it to play just one source...so useless till I got to work.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Recently, including yesterday my cameras activate all by themselves and I'm stuck with them on the screen, even at speeds over 65~mph. If you look at the screen you will become nauseous. Then I have to stop the car, open the door and restart the car. I annoyed, however I don't want to return to the dealer. That can be even a bigger annoyance. I'll wait for a recall or something like a needed service.

NHjake98

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Rebel 12 and here is my list;
1. Navigation never sends me to the right place (I have to use google maps)
2. I disconnected the battery (because the back up camera froze) and my truck lost its mind. It had no idea what it had for options and I had no air conditioning, no Sirius XM, no heated seats..etc, etc. After about 4 hours it corrected itself.
3. Screen will sometimes get stuck on the back up camera.
4. Can not answer the phone when hooked up to Android Auto. I have to disconnect the USB from my phone to answer it.

stevestrike

Reaction score
I guess 18.45.40 is the "latest and greatest"? I thought there was an update coming out, but I got my truck back after a month at the dealer and that's the version of software on it. :|

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Picked up my Blacked Out Limited Friday (4 days ago} . Lots of the same problems. My SiriusXM disappeared (and grey'd out) for 24 hours. Nav was off by 1/4 mile. TravelLink grey'd out. Couldn't save AM/FM presets. While I was sitting in the truck typing another message to the dealership, everything came back (including SiriusXM presets and profile). I was happy for 2 days until I climbed in this morning and it's all gone again.

I've noticed that when alls working, I'm not prompted to accept the uconnect agreement at start up.

I noticed today the GPS Reliability is None.
It's disappointing to get a $70,210 truck and be embarrassed to show it off because so many things don't work.

View attachment 38526 View attachment 38527 View attachment 38528
Any luck or changes with yours? Mine is similar to yours except mine is constantly rebooting every 3.5 / 4 min too. Such a pain. So disappointed in this truck.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Picked up my truck a week ago, took photos of all the screens at the time. As you can see, I have software version 19.33.11 and with the limited time with the truck this last week, I do not have any of the various issues being posted by others. Could this be the infamous 4th Q update?

Build Date 11-07-2019

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Jtr

JoshFink

Reaction score
Picked up my truck a week ago, took photos of all the screens at the time. As you can see, I have software version 19.33.11 and with the limited time with the truck this last week, I do not have any of the various issues being posted by others. Could this be the infamous 4th Q update?

Build Date 11-07-2019

What model do you have? Mine is a September build with 18.45.11 and I have a Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/