5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

pgienger

Reaction score
Have you linked your custom memory profile (seats, mirrors, etc) with your keyfob? Since I did that I have never lost the presets...

Yes, that was one of the very first things I did. I did check that I grabbed the "right" remote and it is recalling the seat fine. When I wrote that I was setting one preset driving down the road, after filling gas it was gone.

I did a battery disconnect for a while and it has worked fine since then, at least for presets. The last time driving it, after about an hour on the interstate changing stations was really laggy, the listed song was wrong for a while, and it wasn't starting at the start of a song when changing stations. I have a sneaking suspicion that when I start it up next time I will have no presets. Time will tell.

pgienger

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention was that after doing the disconnect, I set up the Sirius profile, which I don't think was even available before. Not sure if that has any bearing or if it's more of a red herring. It was strange because after the disconnect, all favorite artists and songs were gone, but favorite stations were there. I don't know where those would have come from since all other info was wiped out.

All the camera issues have stopped lately. I don't know if there are other issues happening or not, like nav, as we don't generally use it. We just happened to be out in a strange area the day I was fired up to write about it.

I'm 99% sure I have the latest "28.1" version, which I would expect with a late May build.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it will cost an industry-high $20/month to use the app!
This just boggles the mind. I am really curious if anyone plans to pay the $240 annually for this type of service and the reasons why they could justify it?? If your business pays for it or its a tax write off I could see that as plausible reason...

W. P.

Reaction score
So I wrote an email to the CEO of Chrysler Mike Manley yesterday regarding all of these issues and someone from Chrysler called me this morning wanting more information. No Joke. I wrote it out of frustration and someone actually called to discuss this further and wanted to gather information. They are also calling the dealer where I purchased the truck. I will keep everyone informed but we may have traction now and at least some leverage. So if you are having issues, please let me know. They currently have no way of tracking who has bad units and it seems like they are aware of the situation.
Just a note to let you know I am a new Rebel owner and can not get my navigation system to search on-line. Please keep me posted of any new software upgrades that may solve the problem. I'm finding with-in this forum I'm not alone. Thanks W.P.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When they call me to upgrade, I plan on asking them if they'd like to discount it for all the features that don't work.

Sjleo1288

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I have a new 3500 SRW Laramie with the 12" uConnect display and cannot, for the life of me, get the Pojection Manager to work... I have a Note 9 and I want to project it's screen to the truck's screen.. Thanks in advance!
So I wrote an email to the CEO of Chrysler Mike Manley yesterday regarding all of these issues and someone from Chrysler called me this morning wanting more information. No Joke. I wrote it out of frustration and someone actually called to discuss this further and wanted to gather information. They are also calling the dealer where I purchased the truck. I will keep everyone informed but we may have traction now and at least some leverage. So if you are having issues, please let me know. They currently have no way of tracking who has bad units and it seems like they are aware of the situation.
Hey my man, check out my 12 Inch Display post. After further investigation me and my wife came to conclusions that the console that houses the electronics behind the 12 inch display overheated...I used it constantly on our vacation for Navigation and Music and phone...but that's what it's for to use, after normal use and truck is 2019...What's going to happen later on...This is a definite defect especially if using the features will cause the coating to melt or worse explode like the Samsung Note 7 did a couple of years ago..Can you contact someone and get this addressed. 20190729_130403.jpg

Sjleo1288

Reaction score
Hey my man, check out my 12 Inch Display post. After further investigation me and my wife came to conclusions that the console that houses the electronics behind the 12 inch display overheated...I used it constantly on our vacation for Navigation and Music and phone...but that's what it's for to use, after normal use and truck is 2019...What's going to happen later on...This is a definite defect especially if using the features will cause the coating to melt or worse explode like the Samsung Note 7 did a couple of years ago..Can you contact someone and get this addressed. View attachment 32159

20190729_130410.jpg

ZEW77

Reaction score
Just a note to let you know I am a new Rebel owner and can not get my navigation system to search on-line. Please keep me posted of any new software upgrades that may solve the problem. I'm finding with-in this forum I'm not alone. Thanks W.P.

I also have this same issue. 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I ordered it on June 27th, took delivery of it on July 22nd.

ZEW77

Reaction score
I also have this same issue. 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I ordered it on June 27th, took delivery of it on July 22nd.

I spoke to Uconnect yesterday and they told me this is a known issue and there will be an update released in the 4th quarter that will fix this issue. Till then you're supposed to click on "Where to" then "Other Destinations" and search from there. That is the work-around they told me should work. You can also change the drop down to the right that says "Around Here" to "In a City" and that should make it search outside of the are you are in.

Ross_krd

Reaction score
Laramie Sport 1500 March build date
Having a couple of the same problems ...
Searching offline...
poor sound quality considering a 900w system
Presets don’t save... but I listen mainly BT via Apple Music so not that important to me but still an issue
My send &Go never works only once right when I set the system up
Back sliding window rattles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsteele

Reaction score
There was another occurrence of my 12" Display dropping in/out blinking and i call the Ram Car Care and worked with a technician for about 20 minutes or more to resolve that issue...it was not syncing up with the Blue-Tooth on my Samsung Note 8 or my wife's Google Pixel 3...Finally it corrected itself nothing that she told me worked...I know a little more about technical trouble shooting myself, especially audio...and another occurrence my side view mirrors would not return back to normal after backing up and driving forward one or both would stay in the reverse position...and i had to make manual adjustments. That cleared up by itself...did nothing to correct it. Issue #3 Rear driver window sticks motor slows down when closing the window half-way to top...slowly closes....Before this happened ...this morning I was noticing a little slip when i would stop sort of sounds like a bump as someone hit the rear end real softly...and sometimes the truck will operate in the lowest suspension setting "entry level" for a long time before reaching the aerodynamic level for driving normally...., I can't check the display at all right now, but I will check it as soon as we figure out WHY, WHAT and HOW this keeps happening.

Appreciate the Information...lets keep in touch, you have been very resourceful.

StevieJ
Join the crowd. mine has been in 7 times since February. When no location on NAV press the info button on the bottom of the have then touch the sattelite button, you probably will see no sat signals.

duaneroyal

Reaction score
2019 Limited owner since January, had no issues with NAV only minor issues with carplay/sirius XM lag until i took the truck in for some recalls to be addressed. I had them check the AC since it doesnt work very well and the dealer also agreed to update the UConnect to latest version.

Now with the latest version I get:
1. NAV does not work, flashing arrow usually at my home location, GPS signal does not show communicating with satellite/tower
2. Screen goes black after using the backup camera, buttons still work if you know where they are but screen is dark, power cycle the radio button gets it back on
3. AC still sucks

**Update**
So last night I disconnected the negative battery terminal wire waited about 60 seconds and reconnected it. NAV started working immediately but the backup cameras stopped working completely. After an hour or so the system finally reset or loaded and now everything works normally again. I had to reset a lot of the options and settings but that was the only downside really. I will give it a week or so and see if it crashes again.
..... AC still sucks, I ordered the hose clamps and going to give that hack a try.

**Update 8/14/19**
One week later and the black screen is back again

***Update 8/21/19***
Day or two later it started working again on its own, seems to coincide with GPS locking problems.

Last edited:

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a new 2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab w/new Tailgate, Customer Preferred package and Level 2 for all the audio and safety at 64K... Now, let me preface this by saying I am a Microsoft Engineer so technology is supposed to be my forte.. However, I haven't seen this many bugs in a vehicle technology in a long time that neither the Dealership, Uconnect, or SiriusXM Guardian can comprehend. So please read through and add to the list so I can escalate this to FCA since I can find someone on the inside through business relationships.. Picked up my Truck Friday, went through everything at the dealership. Everything worked. Saturday rolls around and BAM. Nothing works.
-Before I get into the nitty gritty, the Truck is gorgous from the inside out. FCA DID A GREAT JOB Designing. Just the software sucks.

Equipment
iPhone XS Max
2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab

1) NAV is completely lost. What is even worse is if you use Carplay (Apple) It still tries to use the Trucks GPS not the phones which makes it still inaccurate.
2) SiriusXM Guardian somehow un-activated and now will not re-activate under any circumstances. The issue you are going to run into is that they will resend a signal which you can do from the Mopar site. This works if you lose a signal and it is still activated. If it is not activated, then it is grayed out which means you can't even use it.
3) The Voice recognition is completely useless. Especially with the NAV out it makes it even worse.
4) The HK 19 speakers.. I mean its good.. is it 2K good? Nope.
5) The backup camera is hit or miss depending on your combination of how you use it. If you hit the back up camera while doing something else the screen goes black. I don't remember the exact combo but I was able to reproduce it multiple times and had to hit the power button a few times to get the screen to come back up.
6) The split screen doesn't function correctly. It still can't differentiate b/t the top and bottom all the time.
7) The A/C.. Now I have read some of the threads and I think they are on to something. I don't know if it is a different type of refrigerant or not but I have had a 2016 dodge ram and a 2013 ram. (Yes, I know, I have a problem with new trucks) Anyways, it blows. And not in a good way.
8) S.O.S Button does not work, this is due to the rest of the system not working. It uses an embedded SIM similar to your phone/smart watch. I believe this is causing the software glitch on this.
9) Bluetooth and calling seems to cut in and out. I have had calls drop a few times already which is also strange.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Soft Reset
- Using the steering wheel on both ACC and RUN. This did not fix any issues. I believe it actually made it worse as now my screen will go black.
-Disconnect Battery and let it reset... Works for a computer right?? Nope. Software is still having issues.

GPS Re-Calibrate
-I was told to drive in 5 circles counter clockwise under 15mph. Turn the engine off. Open the door for 30 seconds and it would re-calibrate... Nope. Just made me dizzy.

HARD RESET
DOES THIS EVEN EXIST??? In the 8.4 Uconnect, you could download and update all you want. You could perform a factory reset etc. You can get into dealermode and delete your personal data.. Cool Bro.

I have spent the last two days along with being at the dealership for them to open a star case and tell me that they have seen a few issues.. Now, I am pretty good at troubleshooting and ruling out variables so if you have a truck that isn't having any of these issues please speak up so we can see what software rev you are on along with date MFG>

- Long story short, This truck is brand new which means anyone who has any previous versions is most likely having the same/similar issues. I believe this has to do with the SIM LTE as it is activating but now being processed incorrectly in the Uconnect software which is not being handled. FCA apparently have had quite a few TSB's with this model already and that is why I waited hoping it would all be demo'd out. I was wrong.. But lets get some pressure going to get this hammered as this is a great truck. I just don't understand why there isn't a Project Manager handling the relationship between FCA, Uconnect and Sirius. When you sell a package of Technology for an additional 5-7K it better damn work. Please leave any thoughts as I am about to return it.

UPDATE:
Took the Truck back to the dealership after having multiple conversations with Uconnect and them assigning me a Case Manager. They went through and said they will have to order a new 12" radio for it. I was back there in the shop working with the tech after they found out about my background. Even using the USB Stick, you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT Factory reset or reload the Uconnect software. If the unit has 28.1 on it and it is not working, you cannot re-install. Not even Over the air. So that sucked. After we went through 3-4 hours of Diagnostics with the Witech, it still didn't work. So they ordered a new radio, then I get a call from Uconnect. Uconnect told me the radio they ordered wasn't new and it was a refurb.... Uconnect said they are trying to get an OEM (New) one expedited and sent to the dealer. The case manager also told me that they are aware of the NAV issue on the units but they do not know which, how, or what. In other words, if you have NAV units, you either need a new truck or a new radio to fix it. They did not have any way of tracking them either. So I told them to find a new truck and I am not going to be their experiment on figuring this out as I have been managing this the whole time. We will see what happens.
My 2019 Limited has the screen black-out issue. (usually after being in reverse) There's a Star case out there for it, but it says they don't plan to fix the problem until Q4 (read October or later, seriously??). The screen issue didn't seem (as far as I can remember) to happen UNTIL I took it to the dealer for the airbag software recall. Not sure if they updated the Unconnect while it was there. My Carplay is a little flakey as well. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it hangs. (Particularly IheartRadio) Sometimes the album cover shows up when I'm playing Amazon Music, the next song it doesn't. When it's working it's awesome, but it's only 75% of the time. I've never had a problem saving an XM station, but it ate AM/FM stations until I read the "save it to the fob" instructions, now they're fine (as long as I do that routine every time I add a station). The XM360L thing is the BOMB, but nobody at XM knows about it and when there was an issue, I had to figure it out myself. My Nav is fine, but the maps are old and God knows when they'll issue a map update. (but it'll cost $$$). It has luke cold AC air, it went to the dealer for that, they ran a diagnostic and claim it's perfect. I have the hose clamps from Harbor Freight and I'm going to see if clamping off the heater hose makes a big difference. Beyond those items, I have zero other issues with the truck, mechanically it's flawless, and love it, but the new 12" screen is frustrating.

Last edited:

Blueraptor

Reaction score
I don't understand how FCA thinks it is in any way acceptable to make everyone wait until Q4 for a software update that may or may not work. The 12" system is a major selling point for many people and the fact that it doesn't work when you get your truck is a complete joke. They should be forced to stop selling models with the Uconnect 12 until they can get the problems figured out.

hemiguy37

Reaction score
2019 Limited owner since January, had no issues with NAV only minor issues with carplay/sirius XM lag until i took the truck in for some recalls to be addressed. I had them check the AC since it doesnt work very well and the dealer also agreed to update the UConnect to latest version.

Now with the latest version I get:
1. NAV does not work, flashing arrow usually at my home location, GPS signal does not show communicating with satellite/tower
2. Screen goes black after using the backup camera, buttons still work if you know where they are but screen is dark, power cycle the radio button gets it back on
3. AC still sucks

**Update**
So last night I disconnected the negative battery terminal wire waited about 60 seconds and reconnected it. NAV started working immediately but the backup cameras stopped working completely. After an hour or so the system finally reset or loaded and now everything works normally again. I had to reset a lot of the options and settings but that was the only downside really. I will give it a week or so and see if it crashes again.
..... AC still sucks, I ordered the hose clamps and going to give that hack a try.
I am having the exact same issues. I also disconnected the battery and it fixed the problem for about a month, then it was back.

Dpoole6131

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a new 2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab w/new Tailgate, Customer Preferred package and Level 2 for all the audio and safety at 64K... Now, let me preface this by saying I am a Microsoft Engineer so technology is supposed to be my forte.. However, I haven't seen this many bugs in a vehicle technology in a long time that neither the Dealership, Uconnect, or SiriusXM Guardian can comprehend. So please read through and add to the list so I can escalate this to FCA since I can find someone on the inside through business relationships.. Picked up my Truck Friday, went through everything at the dealership. Everything worked. Saturday rolls around and BAM. Nothing works.
-Before I get into the nitty gritty, the Truck is gorgous from the inside out. FCA DID A GREAT JOB Designing. Just the software sucks.

Equipment
iPhone XS Max
2019 Ram Laramie Sport Crew Cab

1) NAV is completely lost. What is even worse is if you use Carplay (Apple) It still tries to use the Trucks GPS not the phones which makes it still inaccurate.
2) SiriusXM Guardian somehow un-activated and now will not re-activate under any circumstances. The issue you are going to run into is that they will resend a signal which you can do from the Mopar site. This works if you lose a signal and it is still activated. If it is not activated, then it is grayed out which means you can't even use it.
3) The Voice recognition is completely useless. Especially with the NAV out it makes it even worse.
4) The HK 19 speakers.. I mean its good.. is it 2K good? Nope.
5) The backup camera is hit or miss depending on your combination of how you use it. If you hit the back up camera while doing something else the screen goes black. I don't remember the exact combo but I was able to reproduce it multiple times and had to hit the power button a few times to get the screen to come back up.
6) The split screen doesn't function correctly. It still can't differentiate b/t the top and bottom all the time.
7) The A/C.. Now I have read some of the threads and I think they are on to something. I don't know if it is a different type of refrigerant or not but I have had a 2016 dodge ram and a 2013 ram. (Yes, I know, I have a problem with new trucks) Anyways, it blows. And not in a good way.
8) S.O.S Button does not work, this is due to the rest of the system not working. It uses an embedded SIM similar to your phone/smart watch. I believe this is causing the software glitch on this.
9) Bluetooth and calling seems to cut in and out. I have had calls drop a few times already which is also strange.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Soft Reset
- Using the steering wheel on both ACC and RUN. This did not fix any issues. I believe it actually made it worse as now my screen will go black.
-Disconnect Battery and let it reset... Works for a computer right?? Nope. Software is still having issues.

GPS Re-Calibrate
-I was told to drive in 5 circles counter clockwise under 15mph. Turn the engine off. Open the door for 30 seconds and it would re-calibrate... Nope. Just made me dizzy.

HARD RESET
DOES THIS EVEN EXIST??? In the 8.4 Uconnect, you could download and update all you want. You could perform a factory reset etc. You can get into dealermode and delete your personal data.. Cool Bro.

I have spent the last two days along with being at the dealership for them to open a star case and tell me that they have seen a few issues.. Now, I am pretty good at troubleshooting and ruling out variables so if you have a truck that isn't having any of these issues please speak up so we can see what software rev you are on along with date MFG>

- Long story short, This truck is brand new which means anyone who has any previous versions is most likely having the same/similar issues. I believe this has to do with the SIM LTE as it is activating but now being processed incorrectly in the Uconnect software which is not being handled. FCA apparently have had quite a few TSB's with this model already and that is why I waited hoping it would all be demo'd out. I was wrong.. But lets get some pressure going to get this hammered as this is a great truck. I just don't understand why there isn't a Project Manager handling the relationship between FCA, Uconnect and Sirius. When you sell a package of Technology for an additional 5-7K it better damn work. Please leave any thoughts as I am about to return it.

UPDATE:
Took the Truck back to the dealership after having multiple conversations with Uconnect and them assigning me a Case Manager. They went through and said they will have to order a new 12" radio for it. I was back there in the shop working with the tech after they found out about my background. Even using the USB Stick, you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT Factory reset or reload the Uconnect software. If the unit has 28.1 on it and it is not working, you cannot re-install. Not even Over the air. So that sucked. After we went through 3-4 hours of Diagnostics with the Witech, it still didn't work. So they ordered a new radio, then I get a call from Uconnect. Uconnect told me the radio they ordered wasn't new and it was a refurb.... Uconnect said they are trying to get an OEM (New) one expedited and sent to the dealer. The case manager also told me that they are aware of the NAV issue on the units but they do not know which, how, or what. In other words, if you have NAV units, you either need a new truck or a new radio to fix it. They did not have any way of tracking them either. So I told them to find a new truck and I am not going to be their experiment on figuring this out as I have been managing this the whole time. We will see what happens.

Does your SiriusXM revert back to the preview channel? All my presets are grayed out and I can only hear the previews. I have a lifetime subscription..ufh

Users who are viewing this thread