5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Rules - Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated! We welcome all discussions and understand everyone might not see eye to eye but keep it civil.

2. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed. If you wish to advertise on this forum please contact me and we will set something up.

3. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.

4. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.

5. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.

6. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.

7. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.

8. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don't post it !

9. Please use the search function before posting, a lot of times the same questions have already been asked and answered. Keeping the same things in the same topics helps make things easier for everyone.

10. Please keep threads on topic and do not spam threads with excessive unrelated conversations. Side conversations are subject to removal or movement to a new thread. This includes excessive or inflammatory political comments in an otherwise apolitical thread. Be respectful of the spirit of the thread topic.

11. It's against forum rules to create multiple accounts. This includes registering new accounts to circumvent a ban. If you get caught, you will be banned forever.

12. Political discourse is not allowed outside the OT forum. Offensive political statements in signatures, custom titles, and avatars will not be permitted.

13. Rules are subject to change and interpretation by site staff. Decisions are final. Contact the site Admin if you wish to dispute.

I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.

What happens if I break a rule ?

Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is as follows :

1st rule break (Minor offence) :

Corrected, A PM may of been sent, no further action taken

For a more serious offence, a warning will be issued, this is a mark against your name letting us know you have broken a rule

2nd rule break.

Another warning

3rd rule break

On your 3rd warning, you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.

On another breach of rules :

After this it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson, so you will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit the forum again.

If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member of site staff, who will be able to clear things up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread