5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

bmarcurella

Reaction score
So I wrote an email to the CEO of Chrysler Mike Manley yesterday regarding all of these issues and someone from Chrysler called me this morning wanting more information. No Joke. I wrote it out of frustration and someone actually called to discuss this further and wanted to gather information. They are also calling the dealer where I purchased the truck. I will keep everyone informed but we may have traction now and at least some leverage. So if you are having issues, please let me know. They currently have no way of tracking who has bad units and it seems like they are aware of the situation.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you linked your custom memory profile (seats, mirrors, etc) with your keyfob? Since I did that I have never lost the presets...
Absolutely will not hold SiriusXM presets any more. It used to work fine, but now they are gone every restart.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I wrote an email to the CEO of Chrysler Mike Manley yesterday regarding all of these issues and someone from Chrysler called me this morning wanting more information. No Joke. I wrote it out of frustration and someone actually called to discuss this further and wanted to gather information. They are also calling the dealer where I purchased the truck. I will keep everyone informed but we may have traction now and at least some leverage. So if you are having issues, please let me know. They currently have no way of tracking who has bad units and it seems like they are aware of the situation.

My truck is actually back in for service today, I think it's the 10th time since February for all kinds of different issues, both mechanical and technology related. It's the 4th time now for the AC and I believe it's the 3rd or 4th time for the Uconnect and backup camera system.

Currently the screen goes blank after using the backup camera. Previous issues included backup camera missing the center/ trailer guidelines, Sirius XM resetting on it's own, missing logos, tuned to a different channel than what is actually selected. I haven't paid much attention to the NAV or the SOS/ help buttons because I don't use either of those so I don't know if there's any issues with them.

I've had a case open with RamCares for about a month or so and they've helped me get a few issues resolved, but the hits just keep coming, it seems to be one thing after another.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Verify the radio software version. Radio must be in Dealer Mode to verify by following these
steps:
a. Press and hold the both lower corners of the display screen, until the Dealer Mode screen
appears (approximately seven seconds). Release buttons, (Fig. 1) .
b. Select Radio Part Information. The software version will be listed next to Application
Version.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Okay here is my info screen in dealer mode. Only real issue I’ve seen so far (2,300 miles) has been the radio and XM Radio presets changing to something I’ve not set, and I had to re-do them. I never use the native navigation - it’s either Google Maps or Waze with Apple CarPlay.

89dc71ac3cf963e9e17b6451629f1519.jpg

timtlu

Reaction score
Okay here is my info screen in dealer mode. Only real issue I’ve seen so far (2,300 miles) has been the radio and XM Radio presets changing to something I’ve not set, and I had to re-do them. I never use the native navigation - it’s either Google Maps or Waze with Apple CarPlay.

89dc71ac3cf963e9e17b6451629f1519.jpg

You are up to date. The 28.1 after NR on application version signifies the current version.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
You are up to date. The 28.1 after NR on application version signifies the current version.
Sounds good. I would hope, with a May 2019 build date, that it is up to date! ;) Mopar.com and my acocunt doesnt say I have any outstanding items that need to be addressed, so that's good as well...

Buck

Reaction score
Nav is useless voice commands useless now presets for Sirius keep deleting

Redhawk01

Reaction score
The only issues I've had with my 12", station page, or the album cover of current song playing, went to "no channel info available" , after a minute or so of playing. Change channels or new song starts, page comes back, then goes blank again. This 1st started about 6 weeks ago. Called SiriusXM, they did a signal resend. Worked up until this past Wednesday. Then channel info unavailable came back.
Picked up a trailer yesterday. Truck recognized it with the blind spot warning system. Channel info came back. Coincidence? I don't know. Lol
Love the truck!

bmarcurella

Reaction score
So I just received my demo and was supposed to get a new 12” screen in today. Turns out it never got delivered.... I managed to fix the siriusxm guardian issue that they thought was the reason why I needed a new screen. UConnect seems a little lost in communicating with the dealer on this. So now my truck is 10 days old and has been at the dealer 3 times for UConnect issues all because we can’t reflash the software. Also, I have the new tailgate so it’s happening to newer models also. We will see what happens next. One thing I noticed is the truck is not recognizing the siriusxm module (SDAR I believe). In my demo it was able to show the version where in mine it does not. The Nav was incorrect but the compass I was able to recalibrate. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I have had Sirius and Uconnect problems with my 8.4 nav since Oct.2018. I have not been able to remote start my truck from the app or the the website. None of the remote features have worked. Nav is good though.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Took mine to get updated and now it just boot cycles continuously. Dealer ordered replacement, but says this part is ordered in a different way than all others and they have no tracking or official ETA. This truck might look nicer than my Silverado did—but the software is expensive, bloated, broken garbage.

technicholas

Reaction score
My truck is actually back in for service today, I think it's the 10th time since February for all kinds of different issues, both mechanical and technology related. It's the 4th time now for the AC and I believe it's the 3rd or 4th time for the Uconnect and backup camera system.

Currently the screen goes blank after using the backup camera. Previous issues included backup camera missing the center/ trailer guidelines, Sirius XM resetting on it's own, missing logos, tuned to a different channel than what is actually selected. I haven't paid much attention to the NAV or the SOS/ help buttons because I don't use either of those so I don't know if there's any issues with them.

I've had a case open with RamCares for about a month or so and they've helped me get a few issues resolved, but the hits just keep coming, it seems to be one thing after another.
What’s wrong with your AC mine sucks bad I just had the update done to the AC and I don’t notice a difference. They never told me there was a radio update.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s wrong with your AC mine sucks bad I just had the update done to the AC and I don’t notice a difference. They never told me there was a radio update.

Same as others have posted, blows cool but not cold, 7-10 degree difference in temps from driver and passenger side, TSB didn't do jack s&$^.

Don't do the Uconnect update, dealer told me nothing they can do to fix my screen going blank and the next update isn't due out until some time in the 4th quarter. So now I have to just deal with my screen going blank for the next 2-5 months? Unbelievable!!! I'm going to take it to a different dealership next week.

technicholas

Reaction score
Same as others have posted, blows cool but not cold, 7-10 degree difference in temps from driver and passenger side, TSB didn't do jack s&$^.

Don't do the Uconnect update, dealer told me nothing they can do to fix my screen going blank and the next update isn't due out until some time in the 4th quarter. So now I have to just deal with my screen going blank for the next 2-5 months? Unbelievable!!! I'm going to take it to a different dealership next week.
Crazy- I am having same issues with my AC it’s warm and not cold like it should be I drove a Jeep and the AC was rock solid cold.

Redhawk01

Reaction score
I have had Sirius and Uconnect problems with my 8.4 nav since Oct.2018. I have not been able to remote start my truck from the app or the the website. None of the remote features have worked. Nav is good though.
I had issues with the app as well. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Works good now. Start, stop, horns, all work again.

azzx

Reaction score
In my case no demonstrable value with this update.
Just a 6 hr first failed attempt with a dead screen!
2nd attempt took 30 minutes.
However most of the bugs were not terminated and new bugs added!
The whole thing is a **** poor integration of different hardware and software from many diff. vendors --- that is why Uconnect, XM, FCA keep on pointing fingers at each other.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Just a 6 hr first failed attempt with a dead screen!
2nd attempt took 30 minutes.

How did you do the upgrades? Do you work for a dealer? My screen is dead and I am at the mercy of my dealer to get a new screen in. I would love to try the upgrade myself while I wait for a new screen.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
Wow I’m glad I haven’t had any of those issues. So far my truck has been solid except of a rattle on the back sliding window and the RamBoxes not being flush/level. I am hopeful those will be resolved. Definitely simpler than software bugs.

MarvinK

Reaction score
The whole thing is a **** poor integration of different hardware and software from many diff. vendors --- that is why Uconnect, XM, FCA keep on pointing fingers at each other.

I totally agree about the mishmash of systems being a major issue. A 10GB upgrade speaks volumes.

If I get rid of this truck early, it will be because of the horrid software combined with the highest fees of any major brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online