5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Adding an update, dealer installed a new battery this time it was apparently shot, as far as my Uconnect/screen they ordered a new screen as per Star, should be in, in 2 or 3 days he said. Now the laughable part they are actually telling me there is a possibility that they iPhone 11 Pro I’m using could have possibly caused this. Are you kidding me, this cracks me up! If something is Bluetooth 3.0/4.0 compatible how could that cause an issue like that? Not only that but obviously they are covering everything (which they should it’s a brand new truck) which says to me they know there truck is the faulty problem.

jnjnj

Reaction score
You are not alone in this battle. I have a 19 Limited with about 6K on it, my Uconnect screen started to reboot every 3-5 minutes Dec 1 or so. Along with the reboot, my nav, mobile app, and wifi hotspot no longer worked. Went to the dealer on 12/4, dealer confirmed my issue but said FCA would not replace the radio since they were anticipating an update and suggest I reach out to CustomerCare. I contacted CustomerCare on 12/6 and was given a case #. Waited some days and received an email from a case manager requesting more information. I immediately replied and then waited some more. Over the course of a week, I made several attempts to call and email my case manager and heard nothing back. I finally reached someone who was able to connect me with the case manager, unfortunately the case manager could only tell me to wait for an update and that there was nothing else she could do (she obviously could not provide an estimated date for said update). My requests to speak with a supervisor went unheard, however my call kept getting disconnected each time I asked....huh weird right? Dec. 18, my car won't start so I call the dealer and CustomerCare. I get an additional case number assigned and asked about reimbursement for a rental to get to and from work, they tell me until I am seen by a dealer for this new issue, they cannot guarantee a reimbursement. After jumping my brand new truck and getting it over to the dealer, they determine I have a bad battery cell and replace the battery. The also put in another request to STAR to get a new radio (denied again). Irrate, I finally get someone who was able to have a CustomerCare supervisor contact me. Around 12/20 a supervisor contacted me and told me that they will escalate my case and speak with STAR to have my new radio approved. The next day, my case manager calls to tell me the radio has been approved by STAR and should arrive at my dealer by 1/15 and she confirmed that all radio replacements are refurbished units. I then go back and forth with her about trying to get FCA to provide me with a new radio rather than a refurbed unit, and her basic reply was that she can't help me but I can see if my dealer can (to my dealer's credit they have put in a request with their FCA rep, but they too have not heard anything). Now on 12/30, as I go to start my car....low and behold....nothing, its dead again. Despite the assurances I received otherwise, I suspect the two issues are related and FCA doesn't want to deal with the recall. At least it looks nice in my driveway, but its quickly loosing its appeal and Lemon Law or Atty Gen filing in my state is likely the next step for me.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I also experienced the same issue with my radio rebooting. Dealer ordered new radio which was denied and told to wait for update. I called and told the same. Dealer replaced battery during diagnostic and tried everything the knew to do. A few days later my truck was dead. Finally got a replacement radio which fixed most problems. Front camera works every now and then and the Bluetooth issue is still there. Still no update and FCA is not concerned about taking care of the issues. Every issue and there has been many, is an all out hassle to get it fixed.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
@jnjnj @FreeNC So infuriating, this company is horrible! I hope you guys get your fixes and never have a problem again. I’m waiting for my truck to be done. And this POS is gone.

As far as Chrysler/Ram never again from me or anyone in my family and friends, I will do my absolute best to be sure of it.

Other brands have issues too, I know. The ones I have dealt with were way better for me personally. And at least gave answers and helped in a timely manor.

Last edited:

mkamradt

Reaction score
You are not alone in this battle. I have a 19 Limited with about 6K on it, my Uconnect screen started to reboot every 3-5 minutes Dec 1 or so. Along with the reboot, my nav, mobile app, and wifi hotspot no longer worked. Went to the dealer on 12/4, dealer confirmed my issue but said FCA would not replace the radio since they were anticipating an update and suggest I reach out to CustomerCare. I contacted CustomerCare on 12/6 and was given a case #. Waited some days and received an email from a case manager requesting more information. I immediately replied and then waited some more. Over the course of a week, I made several attempts to call and email my case manager and heard nothing back. I finally reached someone who was able to connect me with the case manager, unfortunately the case manager could only tell me to wait for an update and that there was nothing else she could do (she obviously could not provide an estimated date for said update). My requests to speak with a supervisor went unheard, however my call kept getting disconnected each time I asked....huh weird right? Dec. 18, my car won't start so I call the dealer and CustomerCare. I get an additional case number assigned and asked about reimbursement for a rental to get to and from work, they tell me until I am seen by a dealer for this new issue, they cannot guarantee a reimbursement. After jumping my brand new truck and getting it over to the dealer, they determine I have a bad battery cell and replace the battery. The also put in another request to STAR to get a new radio (denied again). Irrate, I finally get someone who was able to have a CustomerCare supervisor contact me. Around 12/20 a supervisor contacted me and told me that they will escalate my case and speak with STAR to have my new radio approved. The next day, my case manager calls to tell me the radio has been approved by STAR and should arrive at my dealer by 1/15 and she confirmed that all radio replacements are refurbished units. I then go back and forth with her about trying to get FCA to provide me with a new radio rather than a refurbed unit, and her basic reply was that she can't help me but I can see if my dealer can (to my dealer's credit they have put in a request with their FCA rep, but they too have not heard anything). Now on 12/30, as I go to start my car....low and behold....nothing, its dead again. Despite the assurances I received otherwise, I suspect the two issues are related and FCA doesn't want to deal with the recall. At least it looks nice in my driveway, but its quickly loosing its appeal and Lemon Law or Atty Gen filing in my state is likely the next step for me.

I have a 19 Ram 1500 Laramie with 12” Uconnect and I’ve had it in shop for rebooting as well as caller on other end not being able to hear me randomly. Neither time did they have an answer. I had a flash drive with music plugged into a USB port and it locked up one day. I unplugged it and it hasn’t rebooted since. I dunno man. Just weird. The call muting sucks especially when on a conference call and I’m on them quite frequently.

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
@jnjnj @FreeNC So infuriating, this company is horrible! I hope you guys get your fixes and never have a problem again. I’m waiting for my truck to be done. And this POS is gone.

As far as Chrysler/Ram never again from me or anyone in my family and friends, I will do my absolute best to be sure of it.

Other brands have issues too, I know. The ones I have dealt with were way better for me personally. And at least gave answers and helped in a timely manor.
You’re not alone....
I am thinking seriously for this coming spring to switch to F350. 475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque on available 6.7L diesel.
I am tired with fake promises and ram is good with that....shame on you ram !!

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Just another update, received a phone call from the dealer last week not my case manager with an “update” on when my radio 12” screen will be in was thought to be 3 to 4 days has now been extended to the 1/13 at the soonest.

I’m driving a loaner thanks to the dealer, because I cannot drive my brand new truck that I’m currently paying for that I have had problems with for over a month now. Because my radio is booting every 3.5 to 4 minutes when the key fob is not in the vehicle which is killing the battery. They had to replace the battery once then the dealer said it was dead again the next day. So there for the truck has to sit disconnected, thanks RAM and Chrysler for the confidence and great customer service. (Sense my sarcasm)

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Dealer called and my truck is done they installed a new (refurbished) screen yesterday and let it sit over night to see if my battery held a charge and it did. Heading out to pick it up in a few hours I will look to see what firmware/software is installed and report back.

rconiv

Reaction score
Maybe this will help move FCA along: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27634301/2019-ram-1500-reliability-maintenance/
@RamCares

For me and my one week of ownership so far (and I made sure the dealership updated to latest firmware before picking up the truck) I've had one glitch this morning where it played both the local radio station and my local audio book from my IPhone at the same time....could not get it to play just one source...so useless till I got to work.
Mine likes to do that with my Ipod, and XM. If I switch to XM, and then back to the Ipod, it works fine. It is random, so not sure what causes it.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of job postings in the last couple of months for the FCA Uconnect software development unit. Kind of makes you wonder what is happening there, or lack of happening.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
So I got my truck back and they did not replace the actual screen it was the radio unit, and they had to replace the battery twice. So far so good but I only drove it 7 miles home. The software is in line with the current version I had on my old unit. 18.45.40 software
18.44.01 boot
28.1.0 application version

BC2019RAMLTD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sadly I joined this forum solely because I am having some of the same issues with my 12" Uconnect system as everyone else has mentioned.

I picked up a build to order 2019 Ram 3500 Limited HO Cummins at the end of November, everything was awesome for the first few days and then the glitches started. As I have seen all of the finer details above I'm just going to share below in point form which issues I have noticed thus far:

-SiriusXM voice search functionality stopped the day after I picked it up
-SiriusXM Travel Link not connecting at all, times out
-Offline maps not allowing me to find any addresses, same as all others have listed previously, I will try the "Where to?" workaround when I get back home
-Bluetooth dropping calls regularly or person on the other end cant hear me, seems to be pretty random
-Android auto dropping my connection, forcing me to unplug/replug USB cable to get things moving again, this is also random
-Black screen after using backup camera, happens at random, power off & on solves the issue... for now
-I'm randomly asked to accept the Uconnect terms on startup. I think this coincides with starting the truck directly but I dont see it when I've used remote start, I will confirm at a later date
-SiriusXM presents being lost at random, sometimes they reappear, other times not (I have programmed personal settings with FOB)
-SiriusXM cannot pick up certain channels at random, screen says it is not connected to internet or offline... not that it has lost the satellite, all other channels work still when this happens. This goes away on it's own, sometimes in an hour, others in a day.

EXTREMELY disappointing for an otherwise amazing vehicle, definitely not what you expect for the price you pay for a truck these days! I'll update with my software & version numbers as soon as I have the opportunity.

Looking forward to resolution from FCA!

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now occuring with every call I am on, my end goes mute and I can hear them but they cannot hear me. So what happens is I'll have to grab the phone, talk holding my phone (which is illegal in my state), toggle off/on my Bluetooth and then wait for the connection to restablish. It will then work for a few minutes and the problem will then reoccur. The antithesis of hands free.
I spoke to the dealer service last week and they said there is nothing they can do other than wait for FCA to push an update.

Neokane

Reaction score
Everyone needs to tag @RamCares in a post to get them to read this post.
So many things wrong with our infotainment systems that need addressed. Not left behind. I feel like they are ghosting everyone with radio issues.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone needs to tag @RamCares in a post to get them to read this post.
So many things wrong with our infotainment systems that need addressed. Not left behind. I feel like they are ghosting everyone with radio issues.

Good luck. I'm certain the higher ups have already decided the support for this is done. @RamCares

FarmGirl77

Reaction score
@bmarcurella .. I signed up for this forum today to look for issues exactly like this as I just purchased a new 2019 2500 RAM, drove it off the lot, and it started happening. Now, almost three months later I am getting the same responses every else is getting. You have to wait for an update. First the screen started going black and rebooting, then while I was on the phone on handsfree I could hear them, but they couldn’t hear me. They told me it was my phone, so we tried a phone (at the dealership) that was on the list of approved phones from their website and it didn’t work either. Same response. Still have to wait. But now the radio completely freezes and won’t do anything until it sits overnight. You can’t even turn it off. Took videos and showed it to the dealership. Still same response.

Another problem I think may be connected is there is no regulating the heat and air. Does anyone else have that problem? It’s either hot or cold. I can have it on 62 and it blows hot air or 75 and blowing cold so I’m constantly turning it up and down. It’s very frustrating for the amount of money paid for these trucks.
@RamCares

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you notice a reoccurring theme regarding the infotainment issues with the 12", @ramscare never responds to these posts because they know they cannot just tell us to go to a dealer and it's also pointless to PM because there are no solutions currently available. All I ask is for FCA to just be transparent. Whatever the news, must of us can handle the news whatever it may be. Even if it's they are done updating 2019s, at least they would be communicating with their customers, and that would mean a lot to those that deal with the glitchiness on a daily basis.

Neokane

Reaction score
We need to find other locations to voice our concerns and flood them all. If you have any links to FCA, email address to appropriate parties, let's see them so we can start bombarding them.
As @Jtr mentioned, then can at least become transparent and quick blowing smoke.

Or maybe even give us access so we can fix it ourselves.... lol. Let collective intelligence work in your favor!

Reaction score
I too am having the issue where my 12” radio constantly power cycles on and off. The only way I get it to stop is using Apple CarPlay. @RamCares please push Engineering to release an update. Dealer already reset the radio and that didn’t fix it. They also tell me they cannot roll back to the previous software version when it actually worked. They are not allowed to replace the head units per Chrysler. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieW

Reaction score
@RamCares
I am also joining this list and am actually grateful that my problems with the 12" display seem minor by comparison.

The 12" screen goes blank after using the backup/surround cameras - doesn't matter if the camera comes on due to shifting to Reverse or if I turn the cameras on manually. Turning the radio power off and back on gets the screen to come back up.

My Nav shows no satellites so my truck has no idea where it is.

When can I expect the software update? Is this coming via over-the-air update or will I have to bug my local dealership?

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread