5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine updated while out shopping for Thanksgiving yummies. Took 10 mins, fat fingered the okay button, meant to touch the what’s new button.

Anyone capture the data by taking a few pics on their phone?

RBRK

Reaction score
All it said was system improvements or something like that. It didn’t list anything. The top card issue appears to be fixed. The USB intermittent connection issue seems fixed. Phone still goes back and forth between phone and truck if you try to call too soon after starting your truck. If the nav is selected on the split screen it wont default to the actual map, you have to swipe right, still. Sports favorites don’t really work right.

Ram, feel free to contact me so I can tell your engineers what’s wrong since you still can’t figure it out.

I don’t know why I’m frustrated with this truck so much, it’s just stupid little crap like 2 software updates in and it still isn’t right. Brakes squeal,A/C sucks, HVAC programming isn't right. I still love it though, super nice ride for sure.

Last edited:

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Mine is still doing the connect disconnect and reconnect about every fifth start up. Maybe its the phone but I tried my wife's and hers does the same. we are going to upgrade the phones soon. we will see

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope some day they add more than 12 presets. That’s ridiculous. My Cadillac can do 50

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back yesterday afternoon, no update applied and nothing this morning. Same version number still.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the current version number for the 12”

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well... since the update, I can no longer open the tailgate using the console button inside the cab...
Can one of you check yours and confirm it works for you? So far this is the only issue I’ve found.

>>>>>False alarm<<<<<< See my follow up below.

Last edited:

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well... since the update, I can no longer open the tailgate using the console button inside the cab...
Can one of you check yours and confirm it works for you? So far this is the only issue I’ve found.
I have the update. I just checked tailgate opening from console, works fine.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine works too, had me scared for a moment!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I think there have been some with a loose connector in the overhead console.
Yeah, this is what it was. What threw me off if that I’ve had zero issues, and this just happened right after the update. Removed the overhead console, reseated all the connectors and voila, all is well (all my overhead lights were not working either. Found that out after it got dark).

mtehonica

Reaction score
I think this is new but not sure... when you're looking at the 360 degree camera, if you have a front door open, it turns that section/camera black now. It also shows the running boards deployed/retracted in the 360 camera view. Maybe I've just never noticed these before, not sure.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this is new but not sure... when you're looking at the 360 degree camera, if you have a front door open, it turns that section/camera black now. It also shows the running boards deployed/retracted in the 360 camera view. Maybe I've just never noticed these before, not sure.

Both of those "functions" of the 360 camera are not a part of the update

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeh, that’s the way it is. If a door is open the sides are black, if tailgate is down the rear is black. When these are open obviously it changes the camera position therefore going black.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are you able to add the 360 view? Or even just the front camera only and have it show on the 12.1 display?

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are you able to add the 360 view? Or even just the front camera only and have it show on the 12.1 display?
Not able to. Obviously would require the correct mirrors with cameras and front camera. Disassemble parts of the truck, take dash apart to replace, reprogram the 12” screen and so on. It may be able to be done for a very large sum $ but I bet no one is willing to do it!

LadyRam19

Reaction score
All it said was system improvements or something like that. It didn’t list anything. The top card issue appears to be fixed. The USB intermittent connection issue seems fixed. Phone still goes back and forth between phone and truck if you try to call too soon after starting your truck. If the nav is selected on the split screen it wont default to the actual map, you have to swipe right, still. Sports favorites don’t really work right.

Ram, feel free to contact me so I can tell your engineers what’s wrong since you still can’t figure it out.

I don’t know why I’m frustrated with this truck so much, it’s just stupid little crap like 2 software updates in and it still isn’t right. Brakes squeal,A/C sucks, HVAC programming isn't right. I still love it though, super nice ride for sure.
The update fixed my issue with the system not retaining my top card. I now have my navigation up when I start the truck. It does go to favorites as opposed to the map but I'm OK with that. Haven't had a favorite pop up yet to see if there is any change with the notification.

updated last night........went shopping while I waited.
My top card didn't change.
Still had to choose the top card and swipe.

I did notice that the Sirius songs being played didn't match up with what was displayed.
I switched to a different media and then back to Sirius. It then had the correct artist and song but that one stayed the entire ride home.
(maybe just a weather issue, but I've driven in worse and the song/artist stayed correct)

Users who are viewing this thread