5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The search does not return any results, ever, I can type in an exact address number, street name, city, state, zip in any combination and it won’t return any results. Poi search returns nothing... when I call customer service they go down their question / answer tree and end up in the you have to buy the nav add on, when I point out that I have the 12” nav and not the 8.4 they give me the number of uconnect, I call uconnect they redirect me to Sirius, they will either want to reset settings which Is have to tune to channel 1 which i don’t have or tell me to call FCA... dealer had it multiple times, star cases open, and closed because I did not follow up within 4 weeks so they assumed it would be gone... nav is simply not working other than just displaying map. All fca has been doing is trying to distract by referring to uconnect or telling me to bring it in to the dealer and have yet another diagnosis done which they’ve done multiple times returning it claiming fca would now be working on to then go silent again... it’s a constant finger pointing with no outcome at all...

They can’t even admit it’s an issue they will just start all over again “we really want to help you “ blablabla bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto for me and many others.

YardSale

Reaction score
I have not had that issue after this last update. I believe people that are having that issue have the memory seats and didn't pair the fob to the memory correctly. I had the same issue in my 13 and until I finally got the fob to recall the correct memory it lost it every time. The presets are saved to the fob if you select that in the radio settings.

Those having this issue can either try to go through the fob assignment again or turn that off in the settings and see if that takes care of it.

They way to know if your fob is paired to the memory is when you get in it should say recalling memory 1 or 2 depending on the key when you get in or hit unlock.
Thanks Bro! I'll give that a try!

Reactions: BTK

UnLimited

Reaction score
At least your CarPlay works as I’m into my 4th month of ownership and it has worked 2x for like 3 minutes.

It’s currently in the shop as of 2/19 with over a dozen issues with the system, squealing brakes, ac on auto fluctuates hi speed low speed, popping sound at low speeds when turning (front end) guage cluster prompts me to put hands on steering wheel, Navigation tells me I’m arrived with no destination entered, trailer tow light illumination without one attached.

The service advisor said she couldn’t enter any more items, because she was at the limit on the number of items per repair order.

I guess time will tell. In many respects it’s like the 12.1 system was released a little too early. I’d prefer to sign up for beta tester to help improve it overall like Apple does. The upside, I guess nothing mechanical has failed.

anthtony

Reaction score
I'm hearing that once the next update comes out, the U-Connect App for iPhone will show the "info" button for the 12" screens (this also includes vehicle health reports). Does anyone have this update yet?

One other question - how do I get to the screen that shows my software version number(I attached a pic from earlier in this thread to referencing what I'm trying to see)? I'm trying to figure out if my truck really has the latest software for the 12" (I know I can find a 'status' on the U-Connect webpage, but I'd like to be able to check this for myself).

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I'm hearing that once the next update comes out, the U-Connect App for iPhone will show the "info" button for the 12" screens (this also includes vehicle health reports). Does anyone have this update yet?

One other question - how do I get to the screen that shows my software version number(I attached a pic from earlier in this thread to referencing what I'm trying to see)? I'm trying to figure out if my truck really has the latest software for the 12" (I know I can find a 'status' on the U-Connect webpage, but I'd like to be able to check this for myself).

I’m convinced that the next update will be called model year 2020 @RamCares got our money, they have shown zero interest in fixing anything so they won’t give a ****... I lost my hope in any update...

anthtony

Reaction score
I’m convinced that the next update will be called model year 2020 @RamCares got our money, they have shown zero interest in fixing anything so they won’t give a ****... I lost my hope in any update...

LOL — I understand the frustration — so I assume you can’t help me find my software version?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
LOL —- so I assume you can’t help me find my software version?

You referenced the upcoming update i would say that will be called model year 2020

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

F855777D-3189-423B-9491-E8525F662AA2.jpeg

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As of January 26, version 20-16 is current for the 12” screen. That is what I am running

Users who are viewing this thread