5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgive me for coming late to the party but did any of this fix the channel presets disappearing?
I have not had that issue after this last update. I believe people that are having that issue have the memory seats and didn't pair the fob to the memory correctly. I had the same issue in my 13 and until I finally got the fob to recall the correct memory it lost it every time. The presets are saved to the fob if you select that in the radio settings.

Those having this issue can either try to go through the fob assignment again or turn that off in the settings and see if that takes care of it.

They way to know if your fob is paired to the memory is when you get in it should say recalling memory 1 or 2 depending on the key when you get in or hit unlock.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any word on the darn sports news or scores? Have my favorite teams picked and still nothing yet.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
How about getting the nav working at all in the first place? Still no searches working whatsoever no street addresses, no poi’s no nothing... and that’s since I first got the truck not a word from fca... I bet it is never going to work... the 2020s will have their own software versions and it will be very easy for them to say different car different software... the total lack of response and taking responsibility from fca shows they will give a **** to get anything done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichInMN

Reaction score
I got a UConnect update for my October-built 8.4 non-nav last weekend.

Pros: It remembers what song I was listening to from my USB. Yes! I mean, I like "Come on Feel the Noise" as much as the next guy, but out of 1500 songs it had to be that one that played every time I started my truck? :LOL:
Also, seems a little better switching to Android Auto than before.

Cons: When I plug in my phone and it boots Android Auto, it switches from USB music over to Radio - that's new.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about getting the nav working at all in the first place? Still no searches working whatsoever no street addresses, no poi’s no nothing... and that’s since I first got the truck not a word from fca... I bet it is never going to work... the 2020s will have their own software versions and it will be very easy for them to say different car different software... the total lack of response and taking responsibility from fca shows they will give a **** to get anything done...

I dont know what you mean. I search for POI and streets.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I dont know what you mean. I search for POI and streets.

The search does not return any results, ever, I can type in an exact address number, street name, city, state, zip in any combination and it won’t return any results. Poi search returns nothing... when I call customer service they go down their question / answer tree and end up in the you have to buy the nav add on, when I point out that I have the 12” nav and not the 8.4 they give me the number of uconnect, I call uconnect they redirect me to Sirius, they will either want to reset settings which Is have to tune to channel 1 which i don’t have or tell me to call FCA... dealer had it multiple times, star cases open, and closed because I did not follow up within 4 weeks so they assumed it would be gone... nav is simply not working other than just displaying map. All fca has been doing is trying to distract by referring to uconnect or telling me to bring it in to the dealer and have yet another diagnosis done which they’ve done multiple times returning it claiming fca would now be working on to then go silent again... it’s a constant finger pointing with no outcome at all...

They can’t even admit it’s an issue they will just start all over again “we really want to help you “ blablabla bs

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The search does not return any results, ever, I can type in an exact address number, street name, city, state, zip in any combination and it won’t return any results. Poi search returns nothing... when I call customer service they go down their question / answer tree and end up in the you have to buy the nav add on, when I point out that I have the 12” nav and not the 8.4 they give me the number of uconnect, I call uconnect they redirect me to Sirius, they will either want to reset settings which Is have to tune to channel 1 which i don’t have or tell me to call FCA... dealer had it multiple times, star cases open, and closed because I did not follow up within 4 weeks so they assumed it would be gone... nav is simply not working other than just displaying map. All fca has been doing is trying to distract by referring to uconnect or telling me to bring it in to the dealer and have yet another diagnosis done which they’ve done multiple times returning it claiming fca would now be working on to then go silent again... it’s a constant finger pointing with no outcome at all...

They can’t even admit it’s an issue they will just start all over again “we really want to help you “ blablabla bs

Id love to see what you are dealing with. Mine searches and works fine. Maybe if you could post a video sometime or if you already have point it out to me. I would like to try and duplicate

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Attachments

• CE5D1173-4087-4107-B7F5-87B808752ADA.jpeg
    CE5D1173-4087-4107-B7F5-87B808752ADA.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 4FEC46E2-4985-4206-954E-A201046E9BD2.jpeg
    4FEC46E2-4985-4206-954E-A201046E9BD2.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 28

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. But this is what I meant. To display the info on the Sirius XM Travel Link bottom or top card. It says to add favorite team yet I have selected 4 teams and it shows nothing on there.
Ill have to look.. I never use that

Users who are viewing this thread