5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I get the sports team to show up? The weather and gas station shows up but not the sports teams. I have 4 teams as favorite but no info shows up.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
My current version is 18.18.1b have not seen an update yet :(:unsure: Even entered my vin on the unconnect website, says I’m up-to-date

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My current version is 18.18.1b have not seen an update yet :(:unsure: Even entered my vin on the unconnect website, says I’m up-to-date
You could be up to date already. What is your truck's build date?
Someone mentioned that this update already came pre-installed on trucks built in October.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Purchased in July but new radio/nav system in September

You could be up to date already. What is your truck's build date?
Someone mentioned that this update already came pre-installed on trucks built in October.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The actual version that FCA goes buy is the one beginning in 20. So the new one is 20.16 and the old ones are 20.12

Some are lower than that. The OTA in July should have brought the pre October trucks to 20.12 and then this update brings us even to the October build software.

limited_19

Reaction score
mine STILL doesn't save ANY nav settings, or addresses ie. "home" or "favorites", i was told months ago this bug is a known issue and was suppose to be fixed in the next update. VERY VERY FUSTRATING!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
mine STILL doesn't save ANY nav settings, or addresses ie. "home" or "favorites", i was told months ago this bug is a known issue and was suppose to be fixed in the next update. VERY VERY FUSTRATING!
What version do you have

limited_19

Reaction score
12" and I just did the latest update. It's been in the dealership 3 times for this issue now and they said its out of their hands and they won't replace the screen. They said u-connect needs to update it. so irriatated my nav has never worked right since day 1.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could you post the version information like I did above?

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find what items were fixed/changed on the 12.1” November update 20.16? I have noticed a number of items, but also still have a few that aren’t working. These are the things I have noticed fixed and not fixed:

Fixed/changed:

Able to save a top card

When audio source is on a card there are now buttons to switch to other audio sources where before you had to get out to main audio screen.

Noticed climate controls that pop up on initial startup along left of screen.

In the past whole screen would be black about every 3rd time after I backed out of driveway. Would have to press main power button to get screen back.

Sometimes the Bluetooth audio was not connecting to iPhone and could only trigger it to connect if I asked Siri to play a song by using steering wheel control. After that it was fine.

Not Fixed:

Favorite Sports Teams don’t show on TraveLink (Sirius problem?)

Would prefer the default on Nav to be the map view and not where you enter destination.

I get weather warnings on Sirius TraveLink for counties/areas that are 50-100+ miles away and not including the area where I live. Not sure why. (Sirius problem)

cjmst23

Reaction score
Any word on next major uconnect update release? Was supposed to be January, right?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
The next major bug fix will be called 2020 Ram 1500 - anyone seriously thinking they will fix anything? It’s too convenient for fca to finger point on uconnect - UConnect on Sirius - Sirius on fca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The next major bug fix will be called 2020 Ram 1500 - anyone seriously thinking they will fix anything? It’s too convenient for fca to finger point on uconnect - UConnect on Sirius - Sirius on fca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have already erased two updates fixing various items. The 2020 Ram is MOTNHS away . To me the 12" has been extremely good.

Sirius Guardian has improved for me over time . The reaction time has improved greatly. My internet works fine also, I was in a large and my sat radio switched to streaming over internet rather than antenna.

I have a July build and there were several things that were pretty annoying one was no changing tracks from the wheel controls with CarPlay active. That was fixed. The cards do save now they Nav just saves on favorites rather than the map.

The updates are coming and will continue to come as the 2020 will have the same system the 2019 has and is going to be ing the 19 HD as well.

If you look at history I have a 2013 and in 2016 they introduced the ability to move apps and customize the app tray. Guess what happened. They sent out updates tp all the previous YM trucks and we all got that update to allow for that.

You make this comment with out any facts or research and its frustrating because you blindly make a comment and ignore what has already been fixed or improved. Someone started a poll saying they dodged a bullet on the 12.1 and then when the numbers and votes came in it was actually people with the 8.4 that had issues and not the 12.1

Im very happy with my 12.1 and just like my iPhone that has issues they eventually get an update out to address it. Ford has realized one update in a year now. Go look at the sync 3 forums out all the issues and problems they have. Its an update world we live in now and they have to test them because if they rush an update out and break something else its twice as bad ask some of the 8.4 owners that had audio quality issues after an update.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They have already erased two updates fixing various items. The 2020 Ram is MOTNHS away . To me the 12" has been extremely good.

Sirius Guardian has improved for me over time . The reaction time has improved greatly. My internet works fine also, I was in a large and my sat radio switched to streaming over internet rather than antenna.

I have a July build and there were several things that were pretty annoying one was no changing tracks from the wheel controls with CarPlay active. That was fixed. The cards do save now they Nav just saves on favorites rather than the map.

The updates are coming and will continue to come as the 2020 will have the same system the 2019 has and is going to be ing the 19 HD as well.

If you look at history I have a 2013 and in 2016 they introduced the ability to move apps and customize the app tray. Guess what happened. They sent out updates tp all the previous YM trucks and we all got that update to allow for that.

You make this comment with out any facts or research and its frustrating because you blindly make a comment and ignore what has already been fixed or improved. Someone started a poll saying they dodged a bullet on the 12.1 and then when the numbers and votes came in it was actually people with the 8.4 that had issues and not the 12.1

Im very happy with my 12.1 and just like my iPhone that has issues they eventually get an update out to address it. Ford has realized one update in a year now. Go look at the sync 3 forums out all the issues and problems they have. Its an update world we live in now and they have to test them because if they rush an update out and break something else its twice as bad ask some of the 8.4 owners that had audio quality issues after an update.
Well said. Agree 100%.

YardSale

Reaction score
Forgive me for coming late to the party but did any of this fix the channel presets disappearing?

Users who are viewing this thread