5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

Hunts99

Reaction score
I have the same info in there on mine.....still no streaming, voice search, and I still have the blue "subscribe" button....ugh....

ArmyofJuan

Reaction score
One thing I noticed that seemed new was the heated seats/steering wheel will now show an icon at the top of the screen when enabled. I don't remember seeing that before.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the update yesterday, first thing I noticed today is that when I remote started my truck this morning, I got in really quickly after (not giving it more than 30 seconds to warm up). When I kicked it over to the Run function, the fan speed dropped to almost nothing and didn't come back on until I had some heat in the engine. Previously, the HVAC would just run on max even with cold air to try and warm the truck up. Seems like they added the "Comfort" feature where it doesn't blow ice cold air on you when you enter the truck.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My update push showed this morning. It's doing it now...... I guess. I'll check after I mow the lawn.

I'm hoping that It saves the upper card. And has a larger "favorite song/artist" notification

Last edited:

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope they make the nave more usable in split screen. The large bar at the top with the addresses is ridiculous.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they make the nave more usable in split screen. The large bar at the top with the addresses is ridiculous.
I agree that I'd prefer the UConnect nav to show me the map as my default screen instead of favorites. I hop in the truck and immediately "swipe left" to bring up the map view if I don't plan to go to a favorite destination. I wish it would remember the last screen state for that.

However, the worst feature of the navigation is that you can't stop/end the route guidance without several clicks. This isn't possible AT ALL in split-screen mode. You have to go to full-screen mode (click 1), then expand the menu bar at the top right (click 2), then click the option to stop the route guidance (click 3), then go to the bottom of the screen and confirm this choice (click 4), and finally click the home button at the top left (click 5) to return to the split-screen configuration. This can be dangerous while, you know, driving :)

To be fair, an alternative that I haven't explored is using voice commands to end the guidance.

But for comparison, Google Maps does this beautifully with CarPlay. You touch the top of the screen and the menu bar floats in, allowing a single-click "end" of route guidance. Perfect.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that I'd prefer the UConnect nav to show me the map as my default screen instead of favorites. I hop in the truck and immediately "swipe left" to bring up the map view if I don't plan to go to a favorite destination. I wish it would remember the last screen state for that.

However, the worst feature of the navigation is that you can't stop/end the route guidance without several clicks. This isn't possible AT ALL in split-screen mode. You have to go to full-screen mode (click 1), then expand the menu bar at the top right (click 2), then click the option to stop the route guidance (click 3), then go to the bottom of the screen and confirm this choice (click 4), and finally click the home button at the top left (click 5) to return to the split-screen configuration. This can be dangerous while, you know, driving:)

To be fair, an alternative that I haven't explored is using voice commands to end the guidance.

But for comparison, Google Maps does this beautifully with CarPlay. You touch the top of the screen and the menu bar floats in, allowing a single-click "end" of route guidance. Perfect.

I use voice commands to end route guidance. Easy peasy

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a hardware thing, nothing to do with the software update(s)
How do we know it’s not already intalled? I mean, it’s 2019. Cheap alpine head receivers have it. How do we not know these don’t have them? Actually, does anyone know how we can suggest things to FCA?

Last edited:

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Has anyone who received the update, who had problems in the past with their system, see any differences or improvements? Let us know when you notice so Ram gets feedback. Thanks.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The update fixed my issue with the system not retaining my top card. I now have my navigation up when I start the truck. It does go to favorites as opposed to the map but I'm OK with that. Haven't had a favorite pop up yet to see if there is any change with the notification.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The update fixed my issue with the system not retaining my top card. I now have my navigation up when I start the truck. It does go to favorites as opposed to the map but I'm OK with that. Haven't had a favorite pop up yet to see if there is any change with the notification.
This is great news. That was pretty annoying.

RBRK

Reaction score
Sports team favorites still don’t work. I haven’t been able to confirm the HVAC blower doesn’t come on when cold. That would be nice if they did make that happen.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sports team favorites still don’t work. I haven’t been able to confirm the HVAC blower doesn’t come on when cold. That would be nice if they did make that happen.
Mine’s updating as I write this. I’ll try to remember to check this tomorrow.

cjmst23

Reaction score
This is the same version that October builds shipped with from factory. I've been using it (along with many others) for a month now and it seems really stable. Most of the issues I've read on the forum weren't a problem for me, so hopefully this build gets the earlier owners up to the same quality.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird I’m just reading this as I haven’t seen a update on truck. The unconnect did do something weird on the way home from work today.
Showed I was on sat radio & reconnecting . I Connected car play......Everything was fine for a few then screen went black phone beeped multi times that it was charging then stopped. Went to pull over to look at it and everything came back with no issues after all the way home. From reading above I guess that was the update?

Users who are viewing this thread