5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll have to see when I get mine back if there is one waiting for me. Mine is at the dealer.

natehawes

Reaction score
I did get the update yesterday. I’m a May build and have the 12.1” screen. I haven’t noticed any differences yet but I haven’t been in the truck too much either.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Late May build Limited, got the update as well. No noticeable differences that I can tell

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I can't remember how to get to the screen that shows you the latest version. If you give me a refresher, I'll take a pic when I leave work today.

Just go to driveuconnect.com and put in your VIN. It lets you know if you have an update.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I know that. That's posted in my original post. But he's asking for the number sequence for the latest software.

Press and hold the bottom corner icons on the screen, it should place you into Dealer Mode. From there, you should be able to figure out how to get the version numbers.

Uivandal96

Reaction score
I had mine in yesterday for some warranty repairs and the tech ended up performing this update. When I got the truck back, I noticed I had to set all my presets again. As I did this, the preset buttons displayed "siriusxm" and not the radio station anymore. I'm not sure what button goes to which station unless I press one and see what pops up on the main display. I don't drive the truck everyday so I am not sure what it is displaying today. I hope it goes back to normal.:confused:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My screen is identical, with the exception of the head unit ID (of course). So...apparently I already had the update.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My screen is identical, with the exception of the head unit ID (of course). So...apparently I already had the update.

Me too, but that has me wondering how we already had an update that just pushed nationwide?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me too, but that has me wondering how we already had an update that just pushed nationwide?
Maybe it was done on my dealer visit a couple of weeks ago? This would suggest that they stagger/delay OTA updates.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
did mine today. the thing i noticed after it was done was that i'm able to listen to the internet channels again. they stopped working a week or so ago. i'm glad for that. some good holiday channels i will listen to.

Maineiac

Reaction score
Press and hold the bottom corner icons on the screen, it should place you into Dealer Mode. From there, you should be able to figure out how to get the version numbers.

I was just at the dealership this morning with the intermittent audio issue (https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...mittent-pauses-in-audio-for-all-sources.3822/), and they said no updates were available for my 8.4" (with nav).

My 8.4 non-nav got an update last week. Fixed a bunch of problems for me. There must be 3 different versions out there for the 2 different 8.4’s and then the 12.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, updated this morning. All seems fine but was anyway. Just had to reset my XM stations, FM presets we’re not affected.

Users who are viewing this thread