5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
someone should need to change the topic title to the lastest firmware version as it gets confusing otherwise.

We've got you! Thanks for bringing that to our attention. For everyone's convenience, I've included more information on TSB 08-025-22 that addresses FOTA S23.13. Please take a moment to review the TSB and the symptoms that it intends to address.

Thanks,

Ram Cares

Attachments

• tsb 08-025-22.png
    tsb 08-025-22.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 164
  • TSB 08-025-22 symptoms.png
    TSB 08-025-22 symptoms.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

jayray38

Reaction score
We've got you! Thanks for bringing that to our attention. For everyone's convenience, I've included more information on TSB 08-025-22 that addresses FOTA S23.13. Please take a moment to review the TSB and the symptoms that it intends to address.

Thanks,

Ram Cares
Can we get the disappearing shortcuts for the heated seats and steering wheel fixed please!!!!

liq001

Reaction score
So the most recent one is S21D.5 apparently

Can some check if they have issues and report them here so @RamCares can get them updated in the next update.
How to get the update? Do I have to buy the 4G LTE service plane or I can update anyway through Wi-Fi

psm1005

Reaction score
@RamCares How does someone put in a feature request? The Unconnected 5 system finally works as expected, except routing (how sending backwards 10 miles is faster?). But my question is something I had in the first generation Unconnect but oddly omitted from this version.

Fuel prices and locations for Diesel and ideally a way to only show stations with diesel. At least for me a regular gas station is useless.

psm1005

Reaction score
How to get the update? Do I have to buy the 4G LTE service plane or I can update anyway through Wi-Fi
I don't know of anyway to force one. Using wifi only seems to make it download over wifi on its own schedule. I would love to be able to download and install via USB like the good old days.

mike146

Reaction score

Try that link. Put your VIN in and see what it tells you.

I am still waiting delivery of my truck, but I put my VIN in and it said you 2022 vehicle is up to date.

Good luck.

Brownan

Reaction score
Got this truck in January after waiting seven months. I am still on FCA-MY22.S21C.6-PROD. Just called the helpline and spent 30 mins. They had no idea what I am talking about. Says it is up to date, even though clearly it is not. Any ideas??

liq001

Reaction score

Try that link. Put your VIN in and see what it tells you.

I am still waiting delivery of my truck, but I put my VIN in and it said you 2022 vehicle is up to date.

Good luck.
Cool, Thanks. I just checked with my VIN says my unconnect system is the newest one, no update available.

liq001

Reaction score
Got this truck in January after waiting seven months. I am still on FCA-MY22.S21C.6-PROD. Just called the helpline and spent 30 mins. They had no idea what I am talking about. Says it is up to date, even though clearly it is not. Any ideas??
I got in Feb, but the system is the newest version. Call ram care?

n8zcc

Reaction score
@RamCares Fuel prices and locations for Diesel and ideally a way to only show stations with diesel. At least for me a regular gas station is useless.
Same here. The Uconnect system in my 2015 3500 Cummins will allow me to select diesel fuel. I looked around on my new ECODiesel's Uconnect and did not find a way of selecting diesel fuel. Anyone?

rcstevens18

Reaction score
I got in Feb, but the system is the newest version. Call ram care?
I called Ram Cares a month or so ago and they had absolutely no clue what the TSB was and told me the problems were probably just my phone. We seriously need the update file to be made available for a USB update. I'm still stuck on the B.5 software with absolutely no way to update, and the driveUconnect website happily says that my truck is up to date. LOL

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I called Ram Cares a month or so ago and they had absolutely no clue what the TSB was and told me the problems were probably just my phone. We seriously need the update file to be made available for a USB update. I'm still stuck on the B.5 software with absolutely no way to update, and the driveUconnect website happily says that my truck is up to date. LOL
From the time I took delivery the first week of November until about three weeks ago I was on the same software as you. It went in two times to the dealer after I talked to customer care and had been told that there was an update but the dealer could not do it. What I have found works best in my case, is try a hard factory reset of the radio and give it a couple days. And if you ever do get an update go ahead and do another factory reset because some functions won’t work right until you do the factory reset. In three weeks time mine has been on all 4 software versions.

FrankDaddy

Reaction score
Picked up 2022 Laramie at end of Jan. Have had all the problems mentioned by others. On my ride into work today I got the update notice to s23.13..... after the update I messed around for 20 mins and seemed much more responsive and hasn't locked up on me...where it was doing daily before. We...will see...

liq001

Reaction score
Picked up 2022 Laramie at end of Jan. Have had all the problems mentioned by others. On my ride into work today I got the update notice to s23.13..... after the update I messed around for 20 mins and seemed much more responsive and hasn't locked up on me...where it was doing daily before. We...will see...
Why mine is S21D.5? Which is the newest one?

rcstevens18

Reaction score
From the time I took delivery the first week of November until about three weeks ago I was on the same software as you. It went in two times to the dealer after I talked to customer care and had been told that there was an update but the dealer could not do it. What I have found works best in my case, is try a hard factory reset of the radio and give it a couple days. And if you ever do get an update go ahead and do another factory reset because some functions won’t work right until you do the factory reset. In three weeks time mine has been on all 4 software versions.
I'll go perform a factory reset right now then! And you're not connected to home or work WiFi when the updates were prompted or anything right? Just while driving?

FrankDaddy

Reaction score
I'll go perform a factory reset right now then! And you're not connected to home or work WiFi when the updates were prompted or anything right? Just while driving?

not on WiFi ..got it in a good cell area though. It has fixed 90% of my complaints.

jgmac98

Reaction score
@RamCares is it possible to request to fix the horn not honking when pressing the lock button on the key fob twice? Every week or so I have to go into the settings and change the setting to no honk, turn the truck off, turn it back on, change the setting to honk on first press, turn the truck off, turn it back on then change the setting back to 2 presses. I often have to park where I cannot see my truck, so having the ability to know that it's locked without having to see it is very useful.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
In another Forum, I sent @RamCares a list of all the malfunctions of the Android Auto and UConnect systems.

I can only hope they'll do something, but I'm of little faith and contemplating doing some of the hacks I see on Software and Phone Forums to get the phone and systems to sync in a manner that's not only conducive for functionality, but also for safety as we spend far too much time trying to find how to make something work which brings our eyes off the road ... and that's dangerous.

I may try the Hard Reset this weekend - thank you all for suggesting I get in a strong WiFi area and sync to that WiFi frequency. That seems to be the best way to only do it once and without issues.

rcstevens18

Reaction score
not on WiFi ..got it in a good cell area though. It has fixed 90% of my complaints.
That gives me hope. I don't have any place my truck parks where it can reliably reach WiFi. Just the factory reset fixed a couple of the quirks, but still hoping for an update notification. Nothing yet

Users who are viewing this thread