5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Anything you've done to "Ready" your truck for the update? I'm just really surprised I haven't been able to get pinged for one at all. I've got the 4G Onboard Wifi trial started even so I know the truck should have internet connection. I'm just puzzled.
It just happens. Don’t need Wi-Fi at all. Every time I’ve gotten it, it was after driving to work or home. Don’t have onboard Wi-Fi hotspot enabled but do have it connected to my home Wi-Fi.

jayray38

Reaction score
So I figured I had to try it...I did the factory reset idea after having the recent update and nothing changed.... It worked!!!! I have weather....I have traffic.....I have gas prices.... I'll see tomorrow morning if I still have heated seats and steering wheel short cuts. I also have Alexa in my home connected to my truck now that allows me to start my truck just by saying...."Alexa, ask Ram to start my truck." FINALLY, everything seems to be working!!!! Thanks for the factory reset idea!!!

Attachments

• 20220210_171423.jpg
    20220210_171423.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220210_171439.jpg
    20220210_171439.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220210_171445.jpg
    20220210_171445.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220210_171500.jpg
    20220210_171500.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Did the reset as well, had some trouble getting it to turn back on then had to do a soft reset a few times but I now have weather, traffic and gas prices as well. Sadly still no send and go. We’ll see if it all sticks or not so I’m not getting my hopes up just yet.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So I figured I had to try it...I did the factory reset idea after having the recent update and nothing changed.... It worked!!!! I have weather....I have traffic.....I have gas prices.... I'll see tomorrow morning if I still have heated seats and steering wheel short cuts. I also have Alexa in my home connected to my truck now that allows me to start my truck just by saying...."Alexa, ask Ram to start my truck." FINALLY, everything seems to be working!!!! Thanks for the factory reset idea!!!
probably after every update a factory/hard reset is needed then?? On which update you are?

cause the topic title of this thread is confusing now that there seems to be a newer 2022 update already.

jayray38

Reaction score
probably after every update a factory/hard reset is needed then?? On which update you are?

cause the topic title of this thread is confusing now that there seems to be a newer 2022 update already.
I have the 23.13 update.... The last one to come out.
So an update on my system.... Everything still works except the heated seats and steering wheel short cut buttons still disappear. I'm still quite happy though... Especially with the ability to start the truck with Alexa!!! 😁👍

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Did the factory reset today, my weather works for the first time since owning the truck!

n8zcc

Reaction score
Did the factory reset today, my weather works for the first time since owning the truck!
So did I, nervously albeit, I'm still suffering trauma from the 2013 Uconnect days of resetting and resetting and resetting, I think you know where this would end up. It took an hour or so after the reset for all the icons to come back, the surround camera system was the last to come back, but they all did. I now have weather and gas pricing.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
So did I, nervously albeit, I'm still suffering trauma from the 2013 Uconnect days of resetting and resetting and resetting, I think you know where this would end up. It took an hour or so after the reset for all the icons to come back, the surround camera system was the last to come back, but they all did. I now have weather and gas pricing.
Yeah I was nervous about resetting as well. And then after I did it the screen was just black for about 5 minutes before it decided to boot haha.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
After the 23.13prod update was installed, and then doing the Factory Reset after this, did you lose any of your previous settings ( system / audio, ect) and have to reconfigure?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
After the 23.13prod update was installed, and then doing the Factory Reset after this, did you lose any of your previous settings ( system / audio, ect) and have to reconfigure?
Yes, you have to redo all of your customized settings after the reset.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 23.13 update.... The last one to come out.
So an update on my system.... Everything still works except the heated seats and steering wheel short cut buttons still disappear. I'm still quite happy though... Especially with the ability to start the truck with Alexa!!! 😁👍
Is there an extra service that is required for Alexa to start the truck? Today is the first time I’ve seen mention about something like that

jayray38

Reaction score
Is there an extra service that is required for Alexa to start the truck? Today is the first time I’ve seen mention about something like that
I'm just using all the trial services that came with my truck. After I did the factory reset, I set up the Alexa in the truck and followed the instructions. It gave me a QR code on the screen to scan and went smoothly after that.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Ok a day after doing the hard reset, on the newest update, heated seats and wheel are now missing, can bring them back by changing themes but they disappear again soon anyway. Weather works, well most of the time, traffic and has prices yes, well most of the time and send and go worked once as well yay. Now the eco app which was in place last night even after hard reset, and working is now gone today. This is kind of disappointing cause I kind of liked how it would automatically track data for your current trip like mpg, time, distance etc.

Anyone else's eco app decide to bugger off?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok a day after doing the hard reset, on the newest update, heated seats and wheel are now missing, can bring them back by changing themes but they disappear again soon anyway. Weather works, well most of the time, traffic and has prices yes, well most of the time and send and go worked once as well yay. Now the eco app which was in place last night even after hard reset, and working is now gone today. This is kind of disappointing cause I kind of liked how it would automatically track data for your current trip like mpg, time, distance etc.

Anyone else's eco app decide to bugger off?
My eco app has never worked, but since that and weather are the only issues I have, I’m not spending any effort to fix them at this point.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
My eco app has never worked, but since that and weather are the only issues I have, I’m not spending any effort to fix them at this point.
My eco app has never worked either, I haven't tried to check it since the factory reset.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about some of the concerns you've been experiencing. If anyone is still waiting on the FOTA update for software level S21D.5, please send our team a private message with your VIN, so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about some of the concerns you've been experiencing. If anyone is still waiting on the FOTA update for software level S21D.5, please send our team a private message with your VIN, so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares
FYI... Latest OTA for 2022 MY trucks with 12" 5C radio is 23.13 now.

Weather & TomTom gas prices now work after factory reset.

Still have issues with the heated seat shortcuts in the upper corners repeatedly disappearing with the only way to get them back is to change the display theme still.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread