5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

Fastluck13

Reaction score
I got the update yesterday. I don’t know what it was supposed to do but the seat heat/vent shortcut still disappears and carplay connectivity still sucks.

one of these times they will do something useful

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
I got an update yesterday as well. Fixed my off road pages coolant temp. So as of right now, everything works as it's supposed to do. The weather is the only thing that's been hit or miss.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Thanks for the “Heads Up” on the 23.13-prod update arriving. After hearing issues with screen activated virtual PB disappearing I’m glad I only have hard activated ones with the 8.4 screen. Got the update notice as I was going into a store and was almost reluctant to update as the 21.5D works excellent. Got in the truck an hour later, update to 23.13-prod finished and everything appears to be working correctly.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to change the fuel to diesel so it shows the price for diesel?
Not with this latest update. I don’t know why this was overlooked, but it seems unacceptable to me. Here’s the only options there are:

E34B5C31-D083-4C39-A565-456B5772908F.jpeg
@RamCares Uconnect help desk could not give me any information and told me go to the dealer. That’s clearly not going to solve this issue. Is there anybody else I can contact to get this diesel option added?

Last edited:

socalcoastie

Reaction score
There's definitely a way to do it. I can't remember off hand how though.
I know in my '19 I could switch fuel types but after awhile it would default back to regular. In my '22 I can't find anywhere to change the fuel type, and I think I've been through every setting.

jayray38

Reaction score
Well the newest update did absolutely nothing as far as I can see for my 12" Uconnect 5.... Short cuts for heated seat and steering wheel still disappear, still no traffic or weather and Android auto wireless still disconnects. Good job Ram!!

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Same here, carplay still disconnects, crashes still happening, heated seats and wheel disappearing, no weather, can’t enable eco coaching, no gas prices, send and go doesn’t work, no coolant temp in offroad pages, same old same old so far

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I never had any issues and got this new 23.13 update on friday. Now sometimes when playing music from my phone over bluetooth the sound will just stop working. The timer still shows the song is playing but the sound just stops. If I pause the music and unpause it (either from the phone or from the truck's display) the sound works again. It is random when it happens. I've had it happen 3 times in a 40 min drive on two different occasions so far.

Polo08816

Reaction score
So I know most OEMs make their updates over cell data service, but wouldn't it make sense to allow updates over a home WiFi connection as well?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
So I know most OEMs make their updates over cell data service, but wouldn't it make sense to allow updates over a home WiFi connection as well?
With my 22 Grand Cherokee Overland, with Uconnect 5, In settings I had to put in my home WiFi Password for at home updates. I did that on my own the following day of getting my SUV. I scrolled through everything turning on all the features and found the home WiFi feature.

Polo08816

Reaction score
With my 22 Grand Cherokee Overland, with Uconnect 5, In settings I had to put in my home WiFi Password for at home updates. I did that on my own the following day of getting my SUV. I scrolled through everything turning on all the features and found the home WiFi feature.
That's good to know. I'm not sure if all manufacturers are doing this for their vehicles.

DuaneMiller

Reaction score
Good Morning Guys! I have posted this in a couple of other threads across the board, but try performing a "Factory Reset" of your U-Connect system. Not the soft reset using the volume knob...

Like many others, I too received "the" update on Friday and saw nothing happening with the unit. Following advice from another poster, I performed a factory reset, and now weather is updating, and the TomTom travel related services such as traffic flow and fuel prices are now showing up.

If you navigate the profile settings page, scroll to the bottom and there will be a reset button... Its worth a try.

rcstevens18

Reaction score
Those of you that have been pinged for the update... is it over Wifi at your home or work? Or while driving/somewhere without Wifi and using onboard 4G?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Mine wasn’t connected to wifi, happened when I arrived at work. All 3 happened away from home, always as soon as I arrive at destination and put it in park.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Shouldn’t I have an App Store or maybe there is a list of what apps SHOULD be on my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO and Never seen a list. If you have an iPhone go to
1. Settings
2. Search carplay
3. Select your vehicle.
4. Customize

This will show you all the CarPlay Apps you have installed. You can reorder them from here also.

Otherwise go to the App Store on your phone and search for CarPlay apps. Can’t guarantee that all the apps that will show there are CarPlay compatible but I believe most of them will be.

As for the factory apps. I’ve not heard of people NOT having the OEM apps installed. There aren’t many of them so you’re most likely not missing any. Setting icons are not apps so those aren’t considered and vary from trim level/options installed.

rcstevens18

Reaction score
Mine wasn’t connected to wifi, happened when I arrived at work. All 3 happened away from home, always as soon as I arrive at destination and put it in park.
Anything you've done to "Ready" your truck for the update? I'm just really surprised I haven't been able to get pinged for one at all. I've got the 4G Onboard Wifi trial started even so I know the truck should have internet connection. I'm just puzzled.

Users who are viewing this thread