5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just did a soft reset and a hard reset. I'm still stuck on the "C" update. Oh well, I tired. I'll probably take it to the dealer next week and see if they can do anything.
Can you update with what you find out? I’m having the same issue and would rather not make a special trip to h̶e̶l̶l̶ the dealer to get a solution.

b10751

Reaction score
Can you update with what you find out? I’m having the same issue and would rather not make a special trip to h̶e̶l̶l̶ the dealer to get a solution.
Mine got the -4 error code on Friday and again yesterday. I assume it was trying to update OTA, but uconnect never offered me the option to update.
Today, i went for a drive and when i shut the truck off, a popup appeared alerting me a new update was available. I clicked on 'update' and locked the doors and
was out of the truck for about an hour. Upon returning to the truck, i had a popup informing me that the update was successful. So, mine is now running on
version MY22.S21D.5-PROD. This morning, before leaving the house i checked the uconnect site online to see if any updates were available for my VIN.
It showed i was still on S21C-6 and that there were NO updates available for my VIN. Don't know if this helps you or not, but I'd give it a few days for making that
trip to he.., umm, the dealer!

Merlin

Reaction score
I had the major update done at the dealer service in November, my wifi kept disconnecting. It solved most of my issues and I have been happy until this morning. I had no wifi, so having been through this before I called AT&T to make sure there was no issue there, they had me pull over and change my wifi name, do a reset and keep the drivers door open. It didn't work. when I got home I called Ram Care, and spoke with Ruby. She did some troubleshooting and said that I needed to go to the dealer for a master reset. I really didn't want to do that again. So I had her send me the reset directions again. So here is what I did.
I have the 8.4 uconnect system in my 2019 ram 1500 with navigation.
I had the vehicle running with the radio on. I deleted my phone completely from the system. Then I went in and under reset in the menu I restored factory settings. Then I held the two buttons inside the volume and tuner knobs for 10 seconds or so until the radio went into a reboot and shut off. As soon as it went off i turned off the ignition, then opened my drivers door for a minute.
Then I shut the door, powered the vehicle on.
Once the radio came back and the menu was all there I reconnected my phone to bluetooth, then went into the wifi menu and changed the wifi name and password.
I then turned on the wifi hotspot in the truck and then connected my phone to the wifi, and did a speed test and it worked. I made sure to use a new wifi name than any previous one I had.
If it doesn't continue to work I will have to call back ramcare and set up a dealer appointment. Im buying my truck off lease and I already have an extended maxx care warranty, and am still under factory warranty. All the bases are covered.
I hope the above information helps anyone on here who has an issue.
Ram Care number is 866-932-3878 in case anyone needs it.

2019 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I had the major update done at the dealer service in November, my wifi kept disconnecting. It solved most of my issues and I have been happy until this morning. I had no wifi, so having been through this before I called AT&T to make sure there was no issue there, they had me pull over and change my wifi name, do a reset and keep the drivers door open. It didn't work. when I got home I called Ram Care, and spoke with Ruby. She did some troubleshooting and said that I needed to go to the dealer for a master reset. I really didn't want to do that again. So I had her send me the reset directions again. So here is what I did.
I have the 8.4 uconnect system in my 2019 ram 1500 with navigation.
I had the vehicle running with the radio on. I deleted my phone completely from the system. Then I went in and under reset in the menu I restored factory settings. Then I held the two buttons inside the volume and tuner knobs for 10 seconds or so until the radio went into a reboot and shut off. As soon as it went off i turned off the ignition, then opened my drivers door for a minute.
Then I shut the door, powered the vehicle on.
Once the radio came back and the menu was all there I reconnected my phone to bluetooth, then went into the wifi menu and changed the wifi name and password.
I then turned on the wifi hotspot in the truck and then connected my phone to the wifi, and did a speed test and it worked. I made sure to use a new wifi name than any previous one I had.
If it doesn't continue to work I will have to call back ramcare and set up a dealer appointment. Im buying my truck off lease and I already have an extended maxx care warranty, and am still under factory warranty. All the bases are covered.
I hope the above information helps anyone on here who has an issue.
Ram Care number is 866-932-3878 in case anyone needs it.

2019 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi.
You might post that in a UC 4 (old system) also. Not sure those steps will work with the new UC 5 system as it’s based on android software where the old system isn’t.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off to be ceramic coated yesterday morning, and as soon as I parked for drop off, the update showed up. I just clicked to install and walked away from the truck. It would be nice to see it updated when I get it back on Tuesday.

jgmac98

Reaction score
I didn’t know there was a performance gauges page. There’s a lot about this new version I need to learn.
sorry for the delayed reply, was away from my computer for the last while. I believe the performance pages are only with the GT package and in the TRX.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sorry for the delayed reply, was away from my computer for the last while. I believe the performance pages are only with the GT package and in the TRX.
Hmm, doubt they’d be available for the ecodiesel, but I wonder if that’s something that alfaobd could enable for other trims

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today to see if they would be able to do an update to "D", no go on that for whatever reason. So I called Uconnect on the way home, talked to them for a few minutes, moving me to level 3...blah blah blah. So to my surprise, I'm driving down the road later today and most of the stuff just randomly starts working.

That's traffic flow and gas prices and weather with map in back ground.

20220105_120741.jpg

20220105_120650.jpg

The only thing that still doesn't work is the off road pages coolant temp. I haven't tried send and go yet.

Last edited:

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Just a quick update. the stuff I posted above quit working the next day.....😪 back to waiting on uconnect or ram to figuring it out.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Kind of interesting to me that Ramcares doesn't respond to any of these posts. Fv^king lame.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yes indeed, only on the first page they did...I hope a version E or something will soon get released and/or hopefully @RamCares is still reading this all here.
I'd just be happy to (finally) get the update to 21D.5. It's been almost a month, and my truck still won't update.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine updated to D successfully. I got another update alert when I was dropping the truck off at the detailer. I checked the version when I picked it back up, and all is good now.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine updated to D successfully. I got another update alert when I was dropping the truck off at the detailer. I checked the version when I picked it back up, and all is good now.
How/when do you get an update alert? I've gone to the software update screen many times, made sure it was connected to wifi, and nothing happens. Can you describe the sequence of events that lets you know when to perform this?

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
it's almost like the 12" screens are getting taken care of before the 8.4".

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is still on the 21B.5 version that the truck shipped with.

Users who are viewing this thread