5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 FOTA S23.13 - Released 02/02/22

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
So the most recent one is S21D.5 apparently

Can some check if they have issues and report them here so @RamCares can get them updated in the next update.

Burner1352

Reaction score
What about updates for owners of older trucks. I have had my truck for over a year and haven't received a single update for my 12". I have checked the uconnect website and I get told I'm up to date on my software.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
What about updates for owners of older trucks. I have had my truck for over a year and haven't received a single update for my 12". I have checked the uconnect website and I get told I'm up to date on my software.
I don’t think I’d trust that website, a month ago both it and my dealer said I was up to date and then later the same day I got an OTA update. I think 2022 uconnect 5 is the only OTA capable system in Rams but I could def be wrong.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d trust that website, a month ago both it and my dealer said I was up to date and then later the same day I got an OTA update. I think 2022 uconnect 5 is the only OTA capable system in Rams but I could def be wrong.
19-21s also get OTAs also with the UC4s and yes that site is about useless

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never knew that, I didn’t get any updates in my 2018 in 4 years.

That's interesting, I only had my 17 for a little over 2 years and managed to get one. Wonder why that happens.

Burner1352

Reaction score
Oh I had a feeling that the website was junk. I have even gone into the dealer and asked them by showing them the updates the owners in the states get and nothing. Sad but I kinda miss doing the updates myself like I did with my 08 Grand Cherokee lol

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
My radio finally updated this morning to "C". That update didn't fix the weather, traffic flow or gas prices. It did add off road pages to the radio itself and some kinda eco driving app (that doesn't work 🤣). Maybe/hopefully the "D" update will fix these problems. 🤞

PS: I haven't tried the send and go yet, but before the updates that wasn't worked either.

pcolaram1500

Reaction score
Received the update while traveling..wish they would warn you with a message like updating or something. Screen just went black for about 15 minutes, and Cargo outlet is On message would display on the dash a couple times. Then it came back on. Same issues as before, weather app not working. It either doesn't work at all, or just spins for about 10 seconds and says "received an error, please try again later".

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went out this morning and when I pulled into the garage, got the notice about the update. Fortunately, I haven't been experiencing as many issues as some have.
Mine tried to update, but got a code an hour later thatsaid “Update failed”

Edit: Now, it’s failed twice. Both times were the same error code as seen in my pic.
45E69B60-2E71-45B4-860F-9A029E907253.jpeg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To cause more confusion, after getting the error code -4 twice, I check if I have updates and get the below screenshot. How am I failing to update if I’m already updated?

C39F7CAF-23D4-49B0-969D-6AB9BF31FFC7.png

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Pulling into the garage at noon just now I received this software update available (S21.D). Turned off the truck and pushed the install tab and exited. Prior was S21.C in my 2022 Laramie. I won’t be back into the truck until sometime late tomorrow.

So does this update while the truck is OFF, or does it do it when I get back into the truck tomorrow and start it up??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pulling into the garage at noon just now I received this software update available (S21.D). Turned off the truck and pushed the install tab and exited. Prior was S21.C in my 2022 Laramie. I won’t be back into the truck until sometime late tomorrow.

So does this update while the truck is OFF, or does it do it when I get back into the truck tomorrow and start it up??
Yes, it has the ability to update when off if you manually press “update” first.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Can one force this newer S21.D update to download if available but not notified of it automatically??
They can’t be forced. You might try a soft reset = hold down the power button for around 15 sec and the radio will restart. Then see if you get anything in the next few days. Just a thought.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
They can’t be forced. You might try a soft reset = hold down the power button for around 15 sec and the radio will restart. Then see if you get anything in the next few days. Just a thought.

I just did a soft reset and a hard reset. I'm still stuck on the "C" update. Oh well, I tired. I'll probably take it to the dealer next week and see if they can do anything.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Pulling into the garage at noon just now I received this software update available (S21.D). Turned off the truck and pushed the install tab and exited. Prior was S21.C in my 2022 Laramie. I won’t be back into the truck until sometime tomorrow.

Got in the truck today driving for an hour. All my settings are the same and everything worked as normal. The Radio is now software version FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD

Users who are viewing this thread