5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this mod. Thank you so much RodRow, I decided to use just use one box in the rear passenger side area and make the boxed area larger. I also cut down the lid and placed it on top so I can still have some flat space for storage with the seat up. I used 1/4in. -20 X 3in. screw on one side and 1/4in. -20 x 6in. screw on the other. Please see pictures for reference. Thank you again!!!! you saved me close to $200. All i spent was less than $10 on this mod and an hour of my time. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out!!!

View attachment 37098 View attachment 37097 View attachment 37096 View attachment 37095 View attachment 37099 View attachment 37100

Look at that. Pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Like I said...if you're happy then we're all happy! Yes...you are cheap :D

I don’t think it’s being cheap. I like the idea. Same idea different conclusion. **** I might do this or Jaír make one out of fiberglass and mold it.

buckeyeboy

Reaction score
anybody find something for a quad cab ? I cant.
I copied this tip from another user (RodRowe, thank you)
AWESOME, with full front-to-back storage, and it looks good!
It was a 27 gallon hard plastic storage tub from Home Depot.
Paid $6.99, and, I don't think I could buy a more useful storage area (as of now).
I cut and fit it in in about half an hour with a sabre saw. Probably slightly less than a 2 hour project (start to finish), in low 30 degree temps working outside. Didn't buy anything else, I went to my parts bins, and (slowly) figured out how to... make it work.
Deep and un-restricted storage, and it ( yeah really) looks close to a factory part with the seats down in my Quad Cab. And now I also have (left-over) a free nice, deep, heavy-weight plastic pan to change oil in the Lawn mower, with. A great tip from this forum.
I saved money, and increased storage.
Edit note:
No, I can not store a rifle or a shotgun under the seat with this modification, and that is a possible drawback, But:
Whenever I go shooting I keep all my extra guns: 1) cased; 2) unloaded; 3) all stored in totally open view when shown, and 4) separate from the ammo, so I can stay ready to immediately inform (and easily show) any police officer the legal weapons in my truck, if I am ever stopped for any reason.
(I could not store ANY quality long gun cases in any of the aftermarket quad storage bins that I saw.)
So not having "under the seat" rifle storage is not a problem for me, personally.
This seven dollar modification is great.

Attachments

• home depot 7 dollar rear seat storage.png
    home depot 7 dollar rear seat storage.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

buckeyeboy

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.

THANKS!
$6.99 at home Depot, fit great, looks great, with my Quad cab seats.
Very happy with this modification, thanks to you.

Attachments

• home depot 7 dollar rear seat storage.png
    home depot 7 dollar rear seat storage.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 166

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I got my 2019 Ram Laramie Quad Cab and I decided to get the WeatherTech under-seat storage bin. It’s not the biggest, but it does look great. It sits on top of Mopar rubber floor mats.

Attachments

• 01F3414A-21CB-4A49-8B16-650420FB4585.jpeg
    01F3414A-21CB-4A49-8B16-650420FB4585.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 348

SacRebel

Reaction score
I got my 2019 Ram Laramie Quad Cab and I decided to get the WeatherTech under-seat storage bin. It’s not the biggest, but it does look great. It sits on top of Mopar rubber floor mats.

That’s why I ultimately went with the Du-ha. The double wall design of the Husky and Weathertech looks nicer but the Du-ha has a single wall, which gives you more storage volume.

Quigs

Reaction score
Kind of off topic but am I the only one that misses the fold flat floor from my 4th gen. I loved that you had the flat floor and storage underneath the whole floor.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
thanks for the pics. not sure why anyone would order without.?
Positives are many - OEM, $95 relatively inexpensive, nice fit and finish, expensive after build order, nice fit with carpet/mats, Do It Yourself (DIY) time consuming
Negative - limited storage vs a DIY, in my case my levels would not fit and I can make a larger storage area, although it will rest on the mats. Still working on the design phase.
I should have ordered the $95.00 block heater on my build order and I am thinking of installing it now for those extreme cold days in NYC. But it may also create a "home" for the feral cats in the neighborhood. I already have paw prints in the engine compartment and air filter cover. Neighbor did one in already starting her car and my mechanic had one stuck on the exhaust manifold at work. The Bed Utility Group (BUG) is also a "good buy" when ordering vs buying individually.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Went with the DUHA.
6e3df60dbbe6e91e0905b77660094342.jpg

sparty569

Reaction score
I was disappointed with no under seat storage like my old Tacoma had and I didn't want to spend almost $200 on the plastic units so I made this out of 3/4 plywood and plasti dip. I used velcro to hold it in place and it seems like it's not going anywhere. I'm pretty happy with it and it cost $5 because I already had the plywood.
I am super tempted to do this carpet it, just for the look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread