5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

wradar

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a pull-out option, or have a recommendation on tubs or some other option that work well? We have two car seats installed in the back seat, and as much fun as it is to take them out and reinstall them (ha ha, I'm so hilarious... it's the worst thing ever), I'd rather have something under the seat that can keep things stored yet remain accessible without requiring a 30-minute rage-fest.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a pull-out option, or have a recommendation on tubs or some other option that work well? We have two car seats installed in the back seat, and as much fun as it is to take them out and reinstall them (ha ha, I'm so hilarious... it's the worst thing ever), I'd rather have something under the seat that can keep things stored yet remain accessible without requiring a 30-minute rage-fest.
The problem is that the seats need to flip up to fully access the bins so your car seat issue will still be an issue with the Du-Ha solution. I guess you need to wait until the kids don't need the seats anymore 😁

wradar

Reaction score
The problem is that the seats need to flip up to fully access the bins so your car seat issue will still be an issue with the Du-Ha solution. I guess you need to wait until the kids don't need the seats anymore 😁
Yup, that's what I discovered right after I installed the Du-Ha in our truck, and then re-installed the car seats. 🤦‍♂️ Sometimes I don't think things all the way through...

That said, the Du-Ha is, indeed, a very nice storage option! We just wouldn't be seeing much use over the next 3-5 years, depending heavily upon the growth rate of our kids.

Ram Runner

Reaction score
I have three car seats across the back and have the same situation. I put one of these under the seat and was going to attach to the floor with velcro, but the slush mat holds it in. I use it to hold the rear headrests removed for my rear facing kids.
Screenshot_20210413-043751.png

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have three car seats across the back and have the same situation. I put one of these under the seat and was going to attach to the floor with velcro, but the slush mat holds it in. I use it to hold the rear headrests removed for my rear facing kids.
View attachment 89541
You just made me chuckle imagining 3 car seats in the back of my truck. I am so glad thats a distant memory for me. So fair is fair. I had a 2009 Challenger R/T with a car seat in the back! I bet there are some good laughs here from others who had car seats in cars that no one expected to see them in!

Kicker0927

Reaction score
View attachment 89541
Do you have any pics of this? How many could you fit under the seats?

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I, too, have child seats, so here was my solution. Decided to use a sheet of 4x4 5/16 ply (I think). Made the box then drawers using PVC lattice as the drawer slides, which works great for many cheapo sliding mechanisms. Wrapped it all in black felt (longest part of the process by far) and added handles/locks to finish it out.

20210619_143428.jpg
20210619_143401.jpg 20210619_143408.jpg 20210619_143414.jpg

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A different approach and a very nice construction job. (y)

Dame

Reaction score
Just went through the whole thread, leaning towards Du-Ha, but its up to $179 on Amazon, searching for any deals as I saw people posting here that it was in the $140's.
Husky is down to $144, though so many of you seem to prefer the Du-Ha and the ease of access tot he storage bins.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I bought my 18 year old a Du-Ha for his 2021 Sierra a couple weeks ago and he loves it. That was a test to see if I should get one for my Laramie. My mind is made up.

Users who are viewing this thread