5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

jkratze1

Reaction score
Does the Du-Ha fit in any 2019 RAM Crew Cab regardless of trim level and options?

Update - decided to buy it anyway as it appears trim level doesn't matter. Amazon has it for $151 with free shipping. Looked like the best deal I could find on the net:)
You are correct, trim level does not matter. Amazon is where I bought mine.

JereMc472

Reaction score
I am installing a Du-Ha unit under the rear seat. Has anyone removed the Factory flip-up storage?
I am having trouble with the pin on each end that the panel pivots on. Have used a panel tool, but it just won't pop out.
What am i not seeing?

Dom

Reaction score
I was disappointed with no under seat storage like my old Tacoma had and I didn't want to spend almost $200 on the plastic units so I made this out of 3/4 plywood and plasti dip. I used velcro to hold it in place and it seems like it's not going anywhere. I'm pretty happy with it and it cost $5 because I already had the plywood.

Attachments

• Ram 1500 Quad Storage 1.jpg
    Ram 1500 Quad Storage 1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Ram 1500 Quad Storage 2.jpg
    Ram 1500 Quad Storage 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Ram 1500 Quad Storage 3.jpg
    Ram 1500 Quad Storage 3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 474
  • Ram 1500 Quad Storage 4.jpg
    Ram 1500 Quad Storage 4.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 466

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was disappointed with no under seat storage like my old Tacoma had and I didn't want to spend almost $200 on the plastic units so I made this out of 3/4 plywood and plasti dip. I used velcro to hold it in place and it seems like it's not going anywhere. I'm pretty happy with it and it cost $5 because I already had the plywood.
Nice job my friend. However, I am VERY anal about my truck and want everything to look "factory" so, for me, spending $150 on the Du-Ha unit was no big deal.

Aykillah

Reaction score
Brackets were less than $5 each and $10 for fabric from walmart and maybe $2 for other screws and hardware.. $22 lol it seems very sturdy and if it breaks or gets messed up in a few years, I'll make another! Haha if anyone has any questions on specifics, I'm happy to help!
Do you have measurements by any chance?

Dom

Reaction score
Nice job my friend. However, I am VERY anal about my truck and want everything to look "factory" so, for me, spending $150 on the Du-Ha unit was no big deal.
I don't disagree but this is something only I will see and I know I the most critical. I have too many other toys to spend on so I compromised and it worked out for me.

cstcb

Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha in my quad cab. It was a little pricey and I half expected it to be cheap and flimsy but it's not at all. It's well-made, sturdy and fits perfectly. It's worth it if you don't want to go the DIY route.

C.AdamsMo.RAM

Reaction score
Do you have measurements by any chance?
I can take some when i get the chance soon. What I did was put the brackets on, then just measured from the floor to top of brackets for height and from outside corner of one bracket to the other. If you use different brackets than me, it might end up slightly different but pretty easy. I just ripped a piece of 1/2 plywood to the height and cut it to the length. Wrapped it in some durable back fabric with pvc coating on back of it like a present and staple gunned it where seam was at bottom/back side and colored them with sharpie. I've had it installed for probably 4-5 months now, no problems very happy with it! Use it all the time. The board only sticks out to the edge of where the floor slopes down to the flat, so I didnt loose any of the floor space really. Pretty nice!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha in my quad cab. It was a little pricey and I half expected it to be cheap and flimsy but it's not at all. It's well-made, sturdy and fits perfectly. It's worth it if you don't want to go the DIY route.
Mine came today and I just finished the installation. Very happy and glad I bought it!

KSOTI

Reaction score
Nice job!!!!!!

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.
I finally got around to doing this mod. Thank you so much RodRow, I decided to use just use one box in the rear passenger side area and make the boxed area larger. I also cut down the lid and placed it on top so I can still have some flat space for storage with the seat up. I used 1/4in. -20 X 3in. screw on one side and 1/4in. -20 x 6in. screw on the other. Please see pictures for reference. Thank you again!!!! you saved me close to $200. All i spent was less than $10 on this mod and an hour of my time. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out!!!

IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0522.JPG IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0525.JPG

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this mod. Thank you so much RodRow, I decided to use just use one box in the rear passenger side area and make the boxed area larger. I also cut down the lid and placed it on top so I can still have some flat space for storage with the seat up. I used 1/4in. -20 X 3in. screw on one side and 1/4in. -20 x 6in. screw on the other. Please see pictures for reference. Thank you again!!!! you saved me close to $200. All i spent was less than $10 on this mod and an hour of my time. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out!!!

If you're happy with the way it looks then that's all that matters ;)

RodRow

Reaction score

View attachment 37098 View attachment 37097 View attachment 37096 View attachment 37095 View attachment 37099 View attachment 37100
I think it turned out great! In my world, there’s nothing wrong with being frugal and getting something you’re pleased with. Mine work perfectly and I use them often.
Good stuff man! ;)

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of the underseat storage, one open and the other folded closed, 2 different sizes/configurations
Wow....I never realized that extended out. I am going to go out at lunch and check this out! Thanks for the pics!

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
Installed the black Du-Ha in my Quad Cab today. Nice fit. Seems to be a quality product.

Attachments

• 60E6A4CC-C794-4EB7-967F-F60D2E1C83B5.jpeg
    60E6A4CC-C794-4EB7-967F-F60D2E1C83B5.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 84A2924E-7A29-40A3-85C2-20FC1F39A7F7.jpeg
    84A2924E-7A29-40A3-85C2-20FC1F39A7F7.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 341

Bram2019

Reaction score
Installed the black Du-Ha in my Quad Cab today. Nice fit. Seems to be a quality product.
My only issue is it sits on the carpet protector. I have the factory slush mats installed. May be a problem. Where did you buy yours. Amazon has them for $168.00 delivered plus Tax

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My only issue is it sits on the carpet protector. I have the factory slush mats installed. May be a problem. Where did you buy yours. Amazon has them for $168.00 delivered plus Tax
I have the carpet protector too and zero issues with the Du-Ha

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
OpticsPlanet; $165.05 w/ tax & shipping. Also used a 10% off coupon (easy to find with google search). Shipping took 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread