5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

TEXAG

Reaction score
Doing RodRow's solution this week. I'll post up pics when complete. My torque wrench and tie downs have been rolling around back there for too long!

Craig9080

Reaction score
I ordered the Du-Ha from Optics Planet last week and it got here today. It was a great fit and held a ton of stuff but they didn't cut the holes for the mounting hardware. At first I was thinking maybe I was supposed to cut them myself but I checked the documentation and it looks like I had a bad unit.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Husky, or any other competitor, installed?

Pritch

Reaction score
I’m considering the Tuffy Under Seat Lockbox.

taz2016

Reaction score
I have the Du-Ha. Mine came with slots already but I didn't use them. I take it out when cleaning and it's slightly easier without mounting. I also had one for 8 or 9 years in my Ridgeline out it had no mounting hardware.

jcvick284

Reaction score
Today I set out in making my own! Turned out great! Two heavier shelf brackets from home depot that were already painted black. Ripped a scrap piece of 1/2" or 5/8" plywood i had laying around, not osb chipboard. A few short screws I had and purchased some 8/32 machine screws, split washers and wingnuts. Wrapped the plywood in this heavy nylon fabric that is similar to cordura and has a pvc coating on the back, very nice! Two yards of that, only cause i needed the length and staple upholstered it like wrapping a present hiding all staples on the back side and low and also colored them black with a sharpie. Mounted the brackets to holes that were already in the seat mounting brackets. Cost me $20! Alot better than $450 from mopar or $225 from husky! Lol View attachment 20914 View attachment 20915 View attachment 20916
This I like better than anything I’ve seen up to this poin
Brackets were less than $5 each and $10 for fabric from walmart and maybe $2 for other screws and hardware.. $22 lol it seems very sturdy and if it breaks or gets messed up in a few years, I'll make another! Haha if anyone has any questions on specifics, I'm happy to help!
i like this idea better than anything I’ve seen up till now! This is like the factory set up, but a hell of a lot cheaper than $500. Thanks for sharing your idea, this will be what I put in mine since FCA was to cheap to just include it as a standard item, which it should be!

TEXAG

Reaction score
Here’s mine, turned out great! Found some long bolts to support the middle of each piece which worked great. Been a month or so now and no issues with it. 32931
32932 32933 32934

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

KSOTI

Reaction score
Looks almost factory.
Lol. Not sure about that...... OK OK Ford factory maybe...... It will get the job done. It definitely eats up the space Ram created with the nice flat floor but in my case that wasn't too big of a deal.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
I ordered the Du Ha and I am very pleased with it. It fits great even with Mopar slush mats, is constructed well, and mounts with hardware to the seat bolts and has some quick release pins for easy removal.

Do you have the rear reclining seats?

I got the WeatherTech one and in addition to a very poor fit (finger thick gaps along edge under seat on Driver's side) it also is too tall. The height interferes with reclining the seat since the WT drags on the bottom of the seat. This happens with or without the factory carpet mats installed.

jkratze1

Reaction score

I got the WeatherTech one and in addition to a very poor fit (finger thick gaps along edge under seat on Driver's side) it also is too tall. The height interferes with reclining the seat since the WT drags on the bottom of the seat. This happens with or without the factory carpet mats installed.
Yes I do and the seats still recline without any issues.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
Yes I do and the seats still recline without any issues.
Thanks for the quick response! If you get a chance could you please post a picture showing the space between the DuHa and the bottom of the seats (like your other end on picture, but from farther down)?

TheMushyButt

Reaction score

Do you have pictures of the weather tech storage? I’m thinking of ordering that but can’t find any actual pictures of it installed..

Dtbrew

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of the weather tech storage? I’m thinking of ordering that but can’t find any actual pictures of it installed..

Here you go. I reinstalled the Weathertech storage bin briefly to get some photos before packing up to send it back. Note how the front edge is so tight up against the seat bottom, that is what keeps the recline from working.

1567171228197.png 1567171307449.png 1567171340004.png

jkratze1

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! If you get a chance could you please post a picture showing the space between the DuHa and the bottom of the seats (like your other end on picture, but from farther down)?

The Du Ha allows the seat to recline without issue. The fitment is not too tight and it works with my Mopar slush mats. I like that they put a cutout for the seat recline handle.

duha_20190830_095714.jpg

Last edited:

Dtbrew

Reaction score
The Du Ha allows the seat to recline without issue. The fitment is not too tight and it works with my Mopar slush mats. I like that they put a cutout for the seat recline handle.

Wow, what a difference between versions! I returned the Weathertech Underseat bin after I found out that it didn't work with the reclining seats. I now have the DuHa version installed. DuHa fits sooo much better and has much thicker and more robust plastic all around. The Weathertech had gaps in the back and was too thin and flexed everywhere. Best of all the DuHa has a reasonable gap from the bottom of the seats so the recline works fine! I added some thin black foam to the inside bottom of the bin so my tools, etc. don't rattle around in the bin.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does the Du-Ha fit in any 2019 RAM Crew Cab regardless of trim level and options?

Update - decided to buy it anyway as it appears trim level doesn't matter. Amazon has it for $151 with free shipping. Looked like the best deal I could find on the net:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread