5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Following your thread with same question. Couldn’t find a mopar part number when searching.

MCPT1

Reaction score
Underseat storage came on my crew cab Limited , I would expect it would fit any crew cab model

jkratze1

Reaction score
How does the OEM underseat storage attach? Does it attach to the seats or floor? I would also like to add it to my Laramie if possible.

Du-Ha has an underseat storage option for 2018 Rams but not for the 2019 yet.

RAMBS

Reaction score
I have it in my Big Horn crew cab. Pretty simple design.

urbanekdp

Reaction score
same question here, test drove a 19 that had it and just assumed they all had something there like fords do, but took delivery and now i have a big dead space under the seat. Hard to believe there wouldnt be anything there at all, poor design imo. 56k truck with no storage under the seat, lol.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The fold out rear underseat storage isn't standard on all trims?

MCPT1

Reaction score
Looked more closely at how the under seat storage fits. The rear seat bases have plastic covers , in the lower corner is a hole for a pin to fit into that is part of the under seat storage unit, these serve as pivot points that both attach the unit and can be pivoted open to make a larger space. There's also a large D ring attached the the seat base where the 2 seat sections meet that serves as a lock for the unit, hope this helps

jamesfg

Reaction score
Can someone please post a pix of said storage item? I wanna see if this is something I'd buy or make my own. Thanks!

laminad

Reaction score
The fold out rear underseat storage isn't standard on all trims?
No, it's an option on the Big Horn. Also, the Big Horn rear seats don't recline. Can't speak for the other trim models.

Side note - I purposely didn't want too plush of a backseat. My other vehicle has rear entertainment, heated/reclining seats, Zoned AC/HT, consequently - my wife would rather sit back there than next to me where I can annoy her properly.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Side note - I purposely didn't want too plush of a backseat. My other vehicle has rear entertainment, heated/reclining seats, Zoned AC/HT, consequently - my wife would rather sit back there than next to me where I can annoy her properly.
LOL

MCPT1

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of the underseat storage, one open and the other folded closed, 2 different sizes/configurations

Attachments

• seat storage.jpg
    seat storage.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3,202
  • seat storage2.jpg
    seat storage2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3,097

jkratze1

Reaction score
Seems like all of the attach points are the rear seat supports . If only someone could dig up a Mopar part number for the underseat storage. I have searched online but no luck so far.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
I have a Laramie Sport that didn't come with the under seat storage. I called my service / Parts dept. at my dealership and was told you can't get it by itself and that it only comes assembled with the entire backseat. Has anyone else been told this? Is it possible that it doesn't fit with the reclining backseats in the Laramie?

Grayfuji

Reaction score
I have a Laramie Sport that didn't come with the under seat storage. I called my service / Parts dept. at my dealership and was told you can't get it by itself and that it only comes assembled with the entire backseat. Has anyone else been told this? Is it possible that it doesn't fit with the reclining backseats in the Laramie?
did you get the level 2 package? I'm not 100% sure but think it is part of that package... still waiting on mine to arrive so it better be! :)

Users who are viewing this thread