5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what parts do i need to make it work
I had the same question, but I went to read the whole post and found it.
You need to replace 2 sensors up front and add 2 sensors out back. That's where the valance right and left come in. Also, you need to replace your current module with the new one.

1 of 68464880AD, MODULE Parking Assist.
1 of 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA. [Rear Bumper Module], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry].
2 of 5YV68TZZAA, SENSOR, Park Assist. Outboard. (FRONT)
2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. (REAR)
1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer.
1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had the same question, but I went to read the whole post and found it.
You need to replace 2 sensors up front and add 2 sensors out back. That's where the valance right and left come in. Also, you need to replace your current module with the new one.

1 of 68464880AD, MODULE Parking Assist.
1 of 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA. [Rear Bumper Module], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry].
2 of 5YV68TZZAA, SENSOR, Park Assist. Outboard. (FRONT)
2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. (REAR)
1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer.
1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer.
Don't forget, you will need the new center stack with the button. If you are doing the full ACC as in this thread, then you will have it.

The wiring harness in the back isn't too hard to remove. You will want a trim tool so you can remove all the little push in connectors that hold it to the body. The new harness comes with them already installed. Also, the new harness has tape on the end leads that connect to the two outboard connectors.

It is possible that you may not need any sensor for the front. I am not 100% sure on this, but I think if you have the six sensors in the front, you are good to go. The reason I say this is because I hadn't replaced the sensors yet and I had no errors. I did replace them and if it weren't such a PIA to get to them, I would remove and try it again. I have tested this several times and it works great. I showed it to several people, and they were amazed. I will say the first time it did it, I was concerned on how close it comes to the cars when parking until it straightens up.

If anyone has any questions on these, just let me know. Thank you for following up with this @MannyN . I was going to put this together this weekend since I did it last weekend.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you put the new sensors in the rear? I read that they have to be inboard, facing straight back and the 2 outboard up front need to be replaced with the new ones.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation. Now, waiting for the parts to get here.

vincentw56

Reaction score
So...how much in total parts are required to perform this mod?
If you want everything, you are probably looking at about $3000 start to finish. Cheaper for me than the extra $14000 for the trim that had it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

St-na

Reaction score
So...how much in total parts are required to perform this mod?
Which one? ACC+Lane assist +self parking? All together I am less than 1000$, but I sold my old parts on ebay. Reading Your package, You should have the same costs.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Which one? ACC+Lane assist +self parking? All together I am less than 1000$, but I sold my old parts on ebay. Reading Your package, You should have the same costs.
According to this, it appears you were missing a few expensive parts depending upon what you were trying to accomplish.....

MOPAR PARTS.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to this, it appears you were missing a few expensive parts depending upon what you were trying to accomplish.....

View attachment 95792
I believe he’s saying that after selling all the parts that he replaced with the new parts, he recouped enough money that it ended up costing a total of ~$1000.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yeah, my total is about right for a BH that had nothing. It also includes the parking feature. And I didn't sell anything yet.

St-na

Reaction score

View attachment 95792
It's depends on Your car equipment. Read the thread, many things from the list are not needed, when You have DASM. I spent in total much much less than 1k. DASM is a key point. If You are talking about 2021 Limited in Your signature, You don't need DASM for sure, total for ACC+Lane assist+self parking for You would be less than 1k. I thought before, that all Limited's have these functions.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
I've got everything installed except the DASM. Just need to build the harness and install it. I'm hoping tomorrow.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's depends on Your car equipment. Read the thread, many things from the list are not needed, when You have DASM. I spent in total much much less than 1k. DASM is a key point. If You are talking about 2021 Limited in Your signature, You don't need DASM for sure, total for ACC+Lane assist+self parking for You would be less than 1k. I thought before, that all Limited's have these functions.
Yes, my Limited has this standard. I just enjoy reading reading what you all are adding to your trucks and the costs associated with it.

St-na

Reaction score
Yes, my Limited has this standard. I just enjoy reading reading what you all are adding to your trucks and the costs associated with it.
Ok, than the answer to Your initial question is 500-4000$ (depends on Your car equipment). On the first page maximum is shown for the Big Horn, without DASM, blind spot monitoring and rain sensors, my total are around 500$ for Lane assist+ACC+self parking.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Really cool
It was the semi-auto park. I set it before, but it wasn't set, must have went back. But I tested both parallel and perpendicular and it works!

Really cool you were able to get this to work! I've always wanted to add this, but personally have a hard time justifying it when I know I would only use it as a party trick...I will probably still end up adding it though...

izhavrid

Reaction score
Awesome thread! I'm geeking out reading it. I like technology, and can't believe those cool features are not standard, especially in Laramie trim. It seems like adding them on the factory would cost close to nothing.
Couple questions I have :
-It seems like mods would void warranty on anything electronics in the truck, is it true?
-Self parking - so it does actually park truck after doing this mod? Do you need to have blind spot detection for it - I don't have it. It's on the original writeup but I'm not clear if it's needed for self park

vincentw56

Reaction score
Awesome thread! I'm geeking out reading it. I like technology, and can't believe those cool features are not standard, especially in Laramie trim. It seems like adding them on the factory would cost close to nothing.
Couple questions I have :
-It seems like mods would void warranty on anything electronics in the truck, is it true?
-Self parking - so it does actually park truck after doing this mod? Do you need to have blind spot detection for it - I don't have it. It's on the original writeup but I'm not clear if it's needed for self park
It shouldn't void your warranty, but what you added isn't covered under warranty. Also, never mention you added it.

The parking part relies only on the sensors in the bumpers.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Well, I built my harness and installed the DASM and made the changes in the BCM. Now, I have tons of errors. I double checked the harness, and it is correct. The errors are many, but they are forward collision error, ACC not available, traction control service, lane sense error.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I built my harness and installed the DASM and made the changes in the BCM. Now, I have tons of errors. I double checked the harness, and it is correct. The errors are many, but they are forward collision error, ACC not available, traction control service, lane sense error.
Just the basics- correct abs and HCU modules installed, and abs initialized? DASM is calibrated? Make sure Linbus wire is in the correct location on your harness. If you had auto dim mirror before, does it still function?

Users who are viewing this thread