5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the new screen in and the steering wheel button. The 12" screen won't come on at all. I can use the AC buttons, but the screen stays off.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Did you already have the 12” screen or are you going from the 8.4” at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you already have the 12” screen or are you going from the 8.4” at the same time?

Yes, I already had the 12" screen

vincentw56

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the issue could be other than a connector not seated all the way.

I took it off and checked all the plugs. All the other buttons work except the screen. Well, the radio knobs don't work either. At least it isn't too hard to swap back out. I could have gotten a bad part.

St-na

Reaction score
I got the new screen in and the steering wheel button. The 12" screen won't come on at all. I can use the AC buttons, but the screen stays off.

In case You had 12" screen originally, there must be no problem to hook up the new one. For me it was just plug and play. In case You got bad screen, it can be a problem, because MoparPartsInc do not accept returns.

vincentw56

Reaction score
In case You had 12" screen originally, there must be no problem to hook up the new one. For me it was just plug and play. In case You got bad screen, it can be a problem, because MoparPartsInc do not accept returns.
They will accept the return if the part is bad, or they will just get a change back from my credit card. :)

St-na

Reaction score
They will accept the return if the part is bad, or they will just get a change back from my credit card. :)
If I understood it right during swiping, screen itself has a small display port (just in the center), all other connectors are for the buttons. It's took a while for me to realize how to unhook this small port.

vincentw56

Reaction score
If I understood it right during swiping, screen itself has a small display port (just in the center), all other connectors are for the buttons. It's took a while for me to realize how to unhook this small port.
I'll triple check everything again. I had the battery disconnected for awhile. Don't know if i need to wait more. I'll also try the old screen

vincentw56

Reaction score
I put the new ParkSense module and the two front sensors in. I get an error that my rear ParkSense needs service. I enabled the semi auto park setting and still get the errors. Front ParkSense works like it did.

St-na

Reaction score
I put the new ParkSense module and the two front sensors in. I get an error that my rear ParkSense needs service. I enabled the semi auto park setting and still get the errors. Front ParkSense works like it did.

I hope our Guru @Jimmy07 will find a solution for this problem.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I remember getting an error related to the rear parksense when messing with the abs modules. Is the entire rear system disabled or are you getting a message about the assist w/stop feature?

vincentw56

Reaction score
The entire rear system. It says needs service and I can't enable it.

St-na

Reaction score
The entire rear system. It says needs service and I can't enable it.

I had the same with FCW, disconnecting the battery for 15 min solved the problem. Also cycle ignition few more times.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I had the same with FCW, disconnecting the battery for 15 min solved the problem. Also cycle ignition few more times.
The battery was disconnected when I installed it. I'll see today if it resolved itself, but I doubt it.

FM45

Reaction score
@vin56--- How many sensors do you have in the rear - 4 or 6... with the new module and the new setting change - the BCM maybe looking for the two extra rear sensors -- just a thought

-=FM45=-

vincentw56

Reaction score
@vin56--- How many sensors do you have in the rear - 4 or 6... with the new module and the new setting change - the BCM maybe looking for the two extra rear sensors -- just a thought

-=FM45=-
I have 4. I thought I had 6. I do on the front. That makes sense why it is throwing the error then.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Looks like I need a new harness and the two rear valances.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4. I thought I had 6. I do on the front. That makes sense why it is throwing the error then.

This didn’t even cross my mind when looking at the schematic, because it shows all 6 sensors, and doesn’t distinguish between the two features. I completely forgot about the rear side facing sensors.

vincentw56

Reaction score
This didn’t even cross my mind when looking at the schematic, because it shows all 6 sensors, and doesn’t distinguish between the two features. I completely forgot about the rear side facing sensors.
Your forgiven. Lol. Yeah, I can see how you'd miss that. I have the 6 in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread