5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibration Error Message Pops Up

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Following. Having the same issue with my 2022 Ram Big Horn that I've had for 2 weeks.
Hey there,

If you decide to take this into your local dealership, please send us a DM! We'd be happy to get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares

Paul L.

Reaction score
I get it every time I turn the truck on and drive. It's getting irritating as hell......

When I cycle to the trailer/tow screen, it shows that a trailer is not connected. For the hell of it, I drove the truck around town, turning right and left as if I were following the calibration instructions posted above. Didn't help.
I took my 2 week old 1500 Big Horn to dealership today for this issue, was informed that Dodge knows about the issue and it is with the Trailer Reverse Steering module. They are working on a software fix that is expected to be sent over the air in 1st quarter of 2023 in VIN blocks. I have copies of their service advisory showing this.
My ECM had no stored messages, so my guess is the the post talking about the Head light serrvo motors was unrelated to this issue.
Good Motoring

mda327

Reaction score
Is there any information to give to local dealer to point them in the right direction for the update or is it getting pushed over the air?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any information to give to local dealer to point them in the right direction for the update or is it getting pushed over the air?
The newest TRSCM update is for a recall. I have not verified if it corrects the calibration message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_214113_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_214113_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 51

Cleverican

Reaction score
Is that update for a camera issue or for the calibration message?
It was part of the recall and it fixed the calibration fail message that would always pop up. I had it done Monday and have not seen the message since.

6of36

Reaction score
I wonder if this problem is why I could not order trailer surround system.

6of36

Reaction score
I think surround view trailer view isn't an option right now.
That's why I didn't accept my ordered truck. Being the problem has to do with cameras with the trailer steering, they may have stopped trailer cameras. Now that there is a fix and a recall for effected vehicles, they may offer again. I actually called Ram customer care this morning, and they will get back to me by Monday.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I didn't accept my ordered truck. Being the problem has to do with cameras with the trailer steering, they may have stopped trailer cameras. Now that there is a fix and a recall for effected vehicles, they may offer again. I actually called Ram customer care this morning, and they will get back to me by Monday.
Trailer surround view doesn’t have anything to do with trailer reverse steering control.
Trailer reverse steering control uses the trucks backup camera in the tailgate handle.
Trailer reverse steering control was an option on the Ram before trailer surround view cameras even came out.

6of36

Reaction score
Trailer surround view doesn’t have anything to do with trailer reverse steering control.
Trailer reverse steering control uses the trucks backup camera in the tailgate handle.
Trailer reverse steering control was an option on the Ram before trailer surround view cameras even came out.
This issue not being able to get trailer surround has been bugging me for days. I have spent hours trying to find out why. I ran across this thread on calibration notification, and see it had to do with trailer packages, and back up cameras. Because back up cameras have been federally mandated, the NHTSA got involved. To me, it makes sense, that until the issue was resolved, which it just was, that they would not offer extra camera systems. Every Ram with Trailer Back Up System is being recalled.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This issue not being able to get trailer surround has been bugging me for days. I have spent hours trying to find out why. I ran across this thread on calibration notification, and see it had to do with trailer packages, and back up cameras. Because back up cameras have been federally mandated, the NHTSA got involved. To me, it makes sense, that until the issue was resolved, which it just was, that they would not offer extra camera systems. Every Ram with Trailer Back Up System is being recalled.
No other camera, or camera system, offered by ram has anything to do with trailer reverse steering control except the backup camera.
When equipped with trailer reverse steering control, the backup camera cable runs through the trailer reverse steering module before its signal goes to the radio. The only reason this is a recall is because the backup camera image might not display on the screen because of an issue with the trailer reverse steering module, and the backup camera image is mandated by NHTSA. They just bundled the calibration error issue into the recall flash.
Trailer surround view not being available is most likely just a parts shortage issue since the trailer surround view kit isn’t even currently available to buy as replacement parts.
I wouldn’t let that stop you from ordering though. It can be added after the fact. I’ve added it to my 2017 Ram, and people are always selling their brand new trailer surround view kits on eBay or HDRams forum.

6of36

Reaction score
No other camera, or camera system, offered by ram has anything to do with trailer reverse steering control except the backup camera.
When equipped with trailer reverse steering control, the backup camera cable runs through the trailer reverse steering module before its signal goes to the radio. The only reason this is a recall is because the backup camera image might not display on the screen because of an issue with the trailer reverse steering module, and the backup camera image is mandated by NHTSA. They just bundled the calibration error issue into the recall flash.
Trailer surround view not being available is most likely just a parts shortage issue since the trailer surround view kit isn’t even currently available to buy as replacement parts.
I wouldn’t let that stop you from ordering though. It can be added after the fact. I’ve added it to my 2017 Ram, and people are always selling their brand new trailer surround view kits on eBay or HDRams forum.
I was looking for you to give me that answer before. lol. The plug is in the harness, to add the 7/12 outlet? I can buy from dealer, add, and program?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking for you to give me that answer before. lol. The plug is in the harness, to add the 7/12 outlet? I can buy from dealer, add, and program?
Wiring won’t be on the truck, so you would buy the 7/12 outlet and mount, and a custom harness needs to be built for the truck side. AlfaOBD will program it, I just recently had the developer add that setting.

Users who are viewing this thread