5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibration Error Message Pops Up

Robbsenn

Reaction score
Hello all. I got the same message on my 22. It came up every time I drove it. A few days after the rear camera stopped working. The dealer replaced the camera then the radio. Still didn’t work. This week they replaced the harness. This fixed everything until today when the message came back up. So far the camera still works.

Rowland2004

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 22 limited and noticed this messaged coming after I start driving. I also have the trailer tow package.

RX9790

Reaction score
My $.02. New BH, no lane sense, never hooked up a trailer, no other issues. Get that message randomly too. About 600 miles so far.

THULON

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram Lonestar and I have the Calibration failure error everyday as well. Very frustrating

THULON

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If you're experiencing this issue, we'd love to help you. We highly recommend taking this in to your dealer for diagnosis. If you've taken it in to the see dealer, please send us a direct message! We'd love to document this and get some assistance for everyone.

Callie
Ram Cares
I have taken my 2022 Ram into Sames Ram in Bastrop and they could not figure out what the problem was. Started as soon as i got it and it still does everyday

Stretch137

Reaction score
I picked up my 22 Rebel on Saturday and it’s doing this as well. 14 miles.

Robbsenn

Reaction score
I have been in touch with Ram Cares. They are still looking into what is going on but he did say that it should be cured in the next uconnet update in January. They are looking into a temporary fix that will work till the update. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I have been in touch with Ram Cares. They are still looking into what is going on but he did say that it should be cured in the next uconnet update in January. They are looking into a temporary fix that will work till the update. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
The only positive about this is several of us are experiencing the same issue. It would be much harder to figure out if it was only a one-off. Glad the issue can be replicated. I still get it almost daily.

Legger88

Reaction score
Hello,

Same issue every day! 22 Laramie

Have taken into dealer multiple times day after purchase even. They state no codes stored and think it’s a Uconnect issue.
Is any also experiencing these pop ups on the screen?

Service Notification - Battery
“Battery Alert”
Your vehicle's Battery requires attention
Press Call for assistance.

Service Notification - Tire Pressure
Low Tire Pressure
Your Tire Pressure is low.

Or in the app I get these errors daily…

CHARGING SYSTEM FAILURE: if the symbollights up when the engine has been started, this indicates a charging system failure. Contact the Customer Care Network as soon as possible.

EOBD/INJECTION SYSTEM FAILURE: in normal conditions, by turning the key to MAR (driving position), the warning light turns on, but should go off once the engine is started.

Traffic wardens are authorised to check that this warning light is in working order. Comply with the regulations in force in the country in which you are driving.

AIRBAG FAILURE: by turning the key to MAR (driving position), the warning light turns on, but should go off after a few seconds. If the warning light stays on, this indicates a fault in the air bag system. On some versions, the display shows a warning message.

See attached. They go on and on, pretty concerning and really questioning the service techs as they say nothing to worry about. When it comes to powertrain and airbags (safety) especially as my family vehicle I am worried, curious if any of this is related or if others are experiencing similar notifications.

Thanks!
This is my 3rd Ram in the last 4 years hard to say this but quality has dropped significantly.

32F720AC-B8A4-459E-998E-89EDD2C584ED.jpeg C19B609E-2CE1-4619-A2A4-2D4AA00EABEA.jpeg D90E6C2A-9C49-47A1-8D87-9FF7B0EDE937.jpeg 22B197FC-C448-4892-A9FF-E3FFC70FDF5F.jpeg 111E640F-7206-45A1-A14A-107EE2371981.jpeg C5D41F0B-F2A4-498C-86C4-6077462ECF75.jpeg 3BA678A8-6232-44CC-971F-01F8AD34CDDD.jpeg EE4C1DEC-67A0-4752-96BD-945C90FAE510.jpeg 1FB40F4E-6FCE-4ED4-A0BA-FBC7617EB3DF.jpeg D5267A8D-A2AE-4D00-A339-2C48D4D11CA7.jpeg

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Hello,

Have taken into dealer multiple times day after purchase even. They state no codes stored and think it’s a Uconnect issue.

“Battery Alert”

Low Tire Pressure

CHARGING SYSTEM FAILURE: if the symbollights up when the engine has been started, this indicates a charging system failure. Contact the Customer Care Network as soon as possible.

EOBD/INJECTION SYSTEM FAILURE: in normal conditions, by turning the key to MAR (driving position), the warning light turns on, but should go off once the engine is started.

Traffic wardens are authorised to check that this warning light is in working order. Comply with the regulations in force in the country in which you are driving.

AIRBAG FAILURE: by turning the key to MAR (driving position), the warning light turns on, but should go off after a few seconds. If the warning light stays on, this indicates a fault in the air bag system. On some versions, the display shows a warning message.

See attached. They go on and on, pretty concerning and really questioning the service techs as they say nothing to worry about. When it comes to powertrain and airbags (safety) especially as my family vehicle I am worried, curious if any of this is related or if others are experiencing similar notifications.

Thanks!
This is my 3rd Ram in the last 4 years hard to say this but quality has dropped significantly.

View attachment 143477 View attachment 143478 View attachment 143479 View attachment 143480 View attachment 143481 View attachment 143482 View attachment 143483 View attachment 143484 View attachment 143485 View attachment 143486
I don't receive that many errors. Only the calibration error.

ConCon92

Reaction score
I don't receive that many errors. Only the calibration error.
Hello,

“Battery Alert”

Low Tire Pressure

Thanks!

View attachment 143477 View attachment 143478 View attachment 143479 View attachment 143480 View attachment 143481 View attachment 143482 View attachment 143483 View attachment 143484 View attachment 143485 View attachment 143486
I don’t receive that many errors either, but I am getting the power train charging system error along with the calibration error. Just bought a 22 1500 diesel last week. Took it into the dealer and they could not reproduce the error or find anything wrong.

Gabbyg44

Reaction score
I just talked to the service department about this on my 22 Ram Laramie GT. There is a bulletin that just came out about this Failed Calibration Message on cluster. Basically, it is the Trailer Steer trying to calibrate even thou no trailer is attached. There is currently no fix for but they are working on a programing fix to be released some time early 2023.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I just talked to the service department about this on my 22 Ram Laramie GT. There is a bulletin that just came out about this Failed Calibration Message on cluster. Basically, it is the Trailer Steer trying to calibrate even thou no trailer is attached. There is currently no fix for but they are working on a programing fix to be released some time early 2023.
Great, thanks for sharing! It's appreciated!

Legger88

Reaction score
My previous Ram was a 21 EcoDiesel as well and the powertrain charging error. Just surprised to see this man errors so frequently. It seems like every other day I get something from the health report. Curious if it is truly just a Uconnect/app error or something more serious.

Thank you all for feedback.

Stonefly

Reaction score
Getting this on my TRX as well, thanks for the info.

cush8711

Reaction score
Getting same thing. Brought it to the dealer and there was a code popping that they have never heard of. The did some troubleshooting for a few hours without figuring out the root cause. They opened a ticket with engineering and I got a call back the other day that they want me to bring it in and they may have it for a few days. Engineering wants them to try a bunch of stuff every few hours and if it doesn't work they say they are going to send a new radio. Whoever mentioned uconnect as being the issue, that wouldn't surprise me. I say this cause my ram app has not updated any of the vehicle info from the point they set me up and I bought the truck. Mileage, oil life, and gas levels have never updated and the time stamp of the last update still shows the day I first setup the ram/uconnect app. Will post here next week as I bring the truck to the dealer on Monday

Cleverican

Reaction score
Getting same thing. Brought it to the dealer and there was a code popping that they have never heard of. The did some troubleshooting for a few hours without figuring out the root cause. They opened a ticket with engineering and I got a call back the other day that they want me to bring it in and they may have it for a few days. Engineering wants them to try a bunch of stuff every few hours and if it doesn't work they say they are going to send a new radio. Whoever mentioned uconnect as being the issue, that wouldn't surprise me. I say this cause my ram app has not updated any of the vehicle info from the point they set me up and I bought the truck. Mileage, oil life, and gas levels have never updated and the time stamp of the last update still shows the day I first setup the ram/uconnect app. Will post here next week as I bring the truck to the dealer on Monday
I took my truck in last week for the 3rd time and they opened a star case and was told that I have to wait for an update that’s suppose to be available in January. I guess the truck is trying to calibrate a trailer that’s not hooked up. I try to unselect the trailer but it won’t allow me to so hopefully the update fixes the issue.

CatServant

Reaction score
Good to know. I’m getting this message too. I assume we’ll get a recall notice once the software fix is available?

Users who are viewing this thread