5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibration Error Message Pops Up

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wiring won’t be on the truck, so you would buy the 7/12 outlet and mount, and a custom harness needs to be built for the truck side. AlfaOBD will program it, I just recently had the developer add that setting.
Thank you very much for my final answer. You are the only one that seems to know these things. I think now I WILL just wait until it's available to order again. If it was just plug and play would be different. I don't want to deal with harnesses.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wiring won’t be on the truck, so you would buy the 7/12 outlet and mount, and a custom harness needs to be built for the truck side. AlfaOBD will program it, I just recently had the developer add that setting.
Are you building the harness for these to be added?

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Did the calibration error fix go OTA yet?

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Post #89, it's a recall. It has to do with trailer steering, and backup camera, making it a safety issue.
Sh*t. Thank you. I was hoping it was a simple fix. Ill just deal with the message for now and use my mirrors. :rolleyes:

At least my tailgate hasn't dropped opened yet lol

6of36

Reaction score
Sh*t. Thank you. I was hoping it was a simple fix. Ill just deal with the message for now and use my mirrors. :rolleyes:

At least my tailgate hasn't dropped opened yet lol
It looks like it's a simple update, but because the NHTSA is involved, due to it being considered a safety issue, it is a recall, to make sure all effected vehicles are repaired. I'm sure they have to report to NHTSA, the vehicles the recall gets performed on. ( Backup cameras are now a federally mandated safety item, they didn't install them to be nice. lol )

pplant

Reaction score
Hey there,

If you decide to take this into your local dealership, please send us a DM! We'd be happy to get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares
Hi Callie any chance you could help me with this issue? Brand new trx with the same error message

RamCares

Reaction score
Hi Callie any chance you could help me with this issue? Brand new trx with the same error message
Hey!

Yes, we'd love to get you some assistance! Please send us a DM with some more information about what you've been working through.

Callie
Ram Cares

olecarguy

Reaction score
Had the programming recall doneat dealership a couple of weeks ago. While the identified issue in the recall paperwork is "...prevents the rearview image from displaying under certain conditions." I never had that problem, but was getting the Calibration Error message as everyone else. It's been 500 miles since reproamming and it in fact elimate the error from popping up.

Ponyboy

Reaction score
Got mine a week ago, I have the same issues just going to wait for the update... Thank you all for the info

Ponyboy

Reaction score
I do have one more thing, how do you guys feel about the 0w-20 oil. I'm one the fence about it I live in south Texas.
The summers are a very hot...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do have one more thing, how do you guys feel about the 0w-20 oil. I'm one the fence about it I live in south Texas.
The summers are a very hot...
Oh boy…you better take that question to one of the many oil threads on here, because you probably just started a massive derailment of this thread.

cush8711

Reaction score
Just confirming. Got my ram serviced the other day and the recall was fixed. Haven't gotten a calibration error pop up since then!

91TTZ

Reaction score
Says my trucks recall for 14a was completed. I still get the message. It comes up only one time during driving. Calibration failed see owners manual. Anyone else still have this message after recall? I've only had the truck two weeks it has the trailer tow package. 1000001812.jpg

THULON

Reaction score
I have taken my 2022 Ram into Sames Ram in Bastrop and they could not figure out what the problem was. Started as soon as i got it and it still does everyday
My 2022 Ram still does the Calibration Failure message..

Users who are viewing this thread