5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibration Error Message Pops Up

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Getting a pop up saying there is a Calibration Error and to check the manual. However, it's pretty vague saying Calibration Error, it does pop up where the Speedometer is.
It goes away pretty quickly, and it's popped up a few times.

Any thoughts?

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Haven't been able to get a picture of it yet, It doesn't always pop up. Soon as my wife took the camera down earlier it popped back up. It only lasts for about 3-4 seconds, and just says Calibration Error - See Owner Manual. Wife thinks it might be the Air Suspension, I thought it might be the Lane Assist, but the Lane Assist is currently turned off. Still trying to find a way to replicate it on demand, I will keep trying.

cspence68

Reaction score
Haven't been able to get a picture of it yet, It doesn't always pop up. Soon as my wife took the camera down earlier it popped back up. It only lasts for about 3-4 seconds, and just says Calibration Error - See Owner Manual. Wife thinks it might be the Air Suspension, I thought it might be the Lane Assist, but the Lane Assist is currently turned off. Still trying to find a way to replicate it on demand, I will keep trying.
I get this message as well. I do not have air suspension or Lane assist. Can confirm the message is quick and shows up unpredictably. Nothing "seems" to be affected by it. I'll continue to follow.

Ram12375

Reaction score
I get that message a lot as well. Usually followed by main display/radio losing connection for a couple of seconds.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to figure anything else out with it. I don’t lose radio or anything else with it.

Snekpete

Reaction score
It appears to be either:

1) Trailer Reverse Steering Control Calibration
2) ParkSense Active Park Assistance

Screenshot 2022-09-03 095931.png Screenshot 2022-09-03 100332.png

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
Got the message this morning. Disappeared before I could do anything. Truck ran fine. Can’t find anything else on it. Owners manual doesn’t even address this error message.

Michael_D

Reaction score
Picked up the new truck yesterday. Get this message as well. I was thinking it might be related to the fuel consumption calculator, but have not had time to read the manual. Appreciate that someone posted the images above.

mdirads

Reaction score
Hi. New owner here, first RAM product. 1500 Limited. Took delivery 9/5/22, and I’ve received this message many times. It presents itself only briefly. Finally remembered to look into it today and cannot figure it out either. Also appreciate that others are dealing with this as well.

olecarguy

Reaction score
I get it as well, unpredictability. Got it yesterday, but hadn't had it in last several weeks.

Anyone find an answer?

I was thinking it may be associated with the compass calibration for magnetic north. On past units you had to go into the Connect settings, select Compass Calibration, identify your zone, then drive in 2-3 circles for it to "Calibrate". On the Connect 5, I can't seem to locate this function to try it. Unless it auto calibrates

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I get it as well, unpredictability. Got it yesterday, but hadn't had it in last several weeks.

Anyone find an answer?

I was thinking it may be associated with the compass calibration for magnetic north. On past units you had to go into the Connect settings, select Compass Calibration, identify your zone, then drive in 2-3 circles for it to "Calibrate". On the Connect 5, I can't seem to locate this function to try it. Unless it auto calibrates
Just about everyone i've seen that has gotten that message has the Tow Trailer Group, so could be the reverse trailer is trying to calibrate as if the button was touched...

Michael_D

Reaction score
Just about everyone i've seen that has gotten that message has the Tow Trailer Group, so could be the reverse trailer is trying to calibrate as if the button was touched...
I get it every time I turn the truck on and drive. It's getting irritating as hell......

When I cycle to the trailer/tow screen, it shows that a trailer is not connected. For the hell of it, I drove the truck around town, turning right and left as if I were following the calibration instructions posted above. Didn't help.

Snekpete

Reaction score

Michael_D

Reaction score
I swung by my dealer late Friday afternoon. I asked a service advisor what this "Failed Calibration, check users manual" message might mean, and if it might be a user error-induced problem. He had not heard of this issue before. We both spent some time reviewing the manual but didn't really find anything not already discussed on this forum. None really seemed probable, due to a different type of error message than this calibration "message".

He performed a courtesy scan and found a stored code. I asked that he document this, for future reference: Notes say (AFLS B2876-01 - Right Headlamp Swiveling Motor General Electrical Failure)

From what I gather, the adaptive headlamps go through some kind of self-check whenever the vehicle is powered on (or, a type of calibration). Up/Down/Right/Left. This code might suggest it is not doing this. At least this is my service advisor's theory. The troubleshooting beyond checking for leaks, moisture, or loose connections involves checking resistance with a meter. I need to schedule a day for the dealer to do this. At this point in time, they don't even know what parts to order.

grafitti92

Reaction score
Getting a pop up saying there is a Calibration Error and to check the manual. However, it's pretty vague saying Calibration Error, it does pop up where the Speedometer is.
It goes away pretty quickly, and it's popped up a few times.

Any thoughts?
I get the same message on mine. Just bought it a month ago and it has been popping up.

Users who are viewing this thread