5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibration Error Message Pops Up

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
I get it frequently also. I have checked this board and the manual and google. It’s intermittent and no consistency.

Cleverican

Reaction score
I have been having that same issue since I bought my 22 bighorn. I made an appointment today and I believe it has to do with the lane sensor needs to be calibrated or something. I came to that conclusion by testing the lane sensing while driving and found out that it was not working properly. Will update next week after my appointment.

Cleverican

Reaction score
I have been having that same issue since I bought my 22 bighorn. I made an appointment today and I believe it has to do with the lane sensor needs to be calibrated or something. I came to that conclusion by testing the lane sensing while driving and found out that it was not working properly. Will update next week after my appointment.
Update
There is a related active code for the rear camera internal. Tech performed diag for the code, checked power and ground at the module and both are present and buss voltage is present. They went ahead and ordered the module for the internal failure.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Update
There is a related active code for the rear camera internal. Tech performed diag for the code, checked power and ground at the module and both are present and buss voltage is present. They went ahead and ordered the module for the internal failure.
Interesting. I too have a '22 Big Horn and same error.

U

User_106309

My 1500 is two months old and I am getting the same message. I cant see where anything is impacted but it is frustrating and concerning.

Ram12375

Reaction score
I was going to have them take a look when my a/c went out but I was scared they'd do more harm than good. Maybe once there is a known fix I'll take it in.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to have them take a look when my a/c went out but I was scared they'd do more harm than good. Maybe once there is a known fix I'll take it in.
Because a confirmed fix on a random truck in a forum is a reason to take it in. Will you tell them you saw it on the Google?

Ram12375

Reaction score
No because this is an issue with quite a few people, I'll wait till there is a known fix first instead of letting them experiment on my truck

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No because this is an issue with quite a few people, I'll wait till there is a known fix first instead of letting them experiment on my truck
Just because there is a confirmed fix, doesn't mean that the dealer is going to just replace a part. They will still "experiment" on your truck. I find it odd that you had your truck at the dealer and didn't mention it, was there any codes in your truck?

Haganracing

Reaction score
I get this within the first 5 minutes of driving my truck. It seems to happen around 40/45mph (at least what I noticed). It goes away and works fine after that. I just pay no attention to it now.

Ram12375

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'll do the same. Doesn't seem to hurt anything .

cpederson17

Reaction score
I had this issue with my new 1500 recently. I brought it into the dealership to be looked into. It turns out (at least from what they have told me) that the TPMS sensors that come with the tow package (which can be installed in trailers) were causing the issue. I stored these in the center console of the truck as I currently don't have a trailer for the use of these, The computer was trying to since with them. Once these have been removed from the vehicle, the problem went away after the next start and drive.

Hope this helps others.

Michael_D

Reaction score
I had this issue with my new 1500 recently. I brought it into the dealership to be looked into. It turns out (at least from what they have told me) that the TPMS sensors that come with the tow package (which can be installed in trailers) were causing the issue. I stored these in the center console of the truck as I currently don't have a trailer for the use of these, The computer was trying to since with them. Once these have been removed from the vehicle, the problem went away after the next start and drive.

Hope this helps others.

Interesting.....

I thought these sensors might be the problem as well, so I removed them from the truck several weeks ago. They are stored in my garage. Unfortunately, I am still seeing the message every single time I start and drive the truck.

cpederson17

Reaction score
Interesting.....

I thought these sensors might be the problem as well, so I removed them from the truck several weeks ago. They are stored in my garage. Unfortunately, I am still seeing the message every single time I start and drive the truck.
Yup! I spoke to soon. Very frustrating!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tire pressure thought made no sense. If the sensors haven't been programed why would it look for them/try to calibrate them

Cleverican

Reaction score
Update
Update
They replaced the module and it did not fix the calibration fail pop up issue. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the issue is maybe a dead zone in the area I live in. I’ve notice that it only happens when I Leave my house on the same street every day. It does not pop up when I leave from other places .

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If you're experiencing this issue, we'd love to help you. We highly recommend taking this in to your dealer for diagnosis. If you've taken it in to the see dealer, please send us a direct message! We'd love to document this and get some assistance for everyone.

Callie
Ram Cares

Cleverican

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If you're experiencing this issue, we'd love to help you. We highly recommend taking this in to your dealer for diagnosis. If you've taken it in to the see dealer, please send us a direct message! We'd love to document this and get some assistance for everyone.

Callie
Ram Cares
I took my 2022 Ram Bighorn in to the dealership this week and they replaced the rear camera module and that did not fix the issue. Still pops up every day. I was looking at my trailer setting and it shows trailer 1 current but I have no trailer hooked up.

Users who are viewing this thread