5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
If the choice is:
A) LSD with no locker ("anti-spin" available in most trucks)
B) open differential with eLocker (part of the Off-Road Group)

Then at least for me, it's no contest. I don't want an open differential for 99% of my driving. Would much rather have the LSD.
And this is a mechanical LSD, which is different from the traction control that uses a computer to sense wheel speed and apply brake to slipping wheel.

Thanks for the side trip! Now back to talking about SHAP opening up this week, and the high end trucks finally starting to flow!

Peterhenric

Reaction score
If the choice is:
A) LSD with no locker ("anti-spin" available in most trucks)
B) open differential with eLocker (part of the Off-Road Group)

Then at least for me, it's no contest. I don't want an open differential for 99% of my driving. Would much rather have the LSD.
And this is a mechanical LSD, which is different from the traction control that uses a computer to sense wheel speed and apply brake to slipping wheel.

Thanks for the side trip! Now back to talking about SHAP opening up this week, and the high end trucks finally starting to flow!
After I had written my response I realized that the LSD I was talking about was Toyota’s “simulated LSD” where it uses the computer and brakes to control wheel spin. It was pretty much useless in off-roading conditions.

Why don’t you want an open differential for the majority of your driving? Educate me.

Users who are viewing this thread