5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Order Updates

Check it again in a day or so. First time I pulled my window sticker I had a cheaper price for level A I printed that. Then checked the next day and it had increased in price.
Have you seen any movement of your truck from storage to actually starting the shipping process to the dealer? I would have suspected on my side that after two weeks there should have been some movement to get it to a railyard, etc but nothing as of Friday.

Have you seen any movement of your truck from storage to actually starting the shipping process to the dealer? I would have suspected on my side that after two weeks there should have been some movement to get it to a railyard, etc but nothing as of Friday.
i have seen nothing, I went to the dealer Saturday morning, they told me any day now because they got the Invoice for it. so that means its been released for shipping they said. my tracker shows no changes. I did see my dealer had 3 trucks added to their webs site as in transit but mine wasn't one of them. keeping my hopes up its on that truck just not showing up like some other trucks here didn't show up on any trackers. my salesman all but guaranteed it would be here this week. :unsure:

i have seen nothing, I went to the dealer Saturday morning, they told me any day now because they got the Invoice for it. so that means its been released for shipping they said. my tracker shows no changes. I did see my dealer had 3 trucks added to their webs site as in transit but mine wasn't one of them. keeping my hopes up its on that truck just not showing up like some other trucks here didn't show up on any trackers. my salesman all but guaranteed it would be here this week. :unsure:

Let me know if you find out more ..I'm hoping mine at least starts the movement this week..I'm already booked it's undercoating appt 😁

What brand and process of undercoating are you having done?
I'm going to try out Waxoyl done by a local company in Rochester NY. I like the one time application (with one free followup within 25,000 miles)

From the local company:

We use two different products. The first product is applied at 90psi to aerosolize and create a fog inside all the panels on the vehicle including the rocker panels - no drilling, we can get to all panels through existing holes. We then lift the vehicle and use that same product inside the frame and subframe. Then we switch to our second product which is a thicker black hard wax. This product will always stay somewhat tacky and is very tough.

The whole underside gets sprayed except for spinning parts like a drive shaft or your exhaust.

I'm going to try out Waxoyl done by a local company in Rochester NY. I like the one time application (with one free followup within 25,000 miles)

From the local company:

We use two different products. The first product is applied at 90psi to aerosolize and create a fog inside all the panels on the vehicle including the rocker panels - no drilling, we can get to all panels through existing holes. We then lift the vehicle and use that same product inside the frame and subframe. Then we switch to our second product which is a thicker black hard wax. This product will always stay somewhat tacky and is very tough.

The whole underside gets sprayed except for spinning parts like a drive shaft or your exhaust.
Thanks for sharing! I've been debating doing something like this and still not whether I will. I anticipate long term ownership and as we're in southern VA not sure it's needed. Also considering PPF. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for sharing! I've been debating doing something like this and still not whether I will. I anticipate long term ownership and as we're in southern VA not sure it's needed. Also considering PPF. Decisions, decisions.
I've had PPF on a few trucks, but have had it torn by large rocks. IMO, its well worth it, even with the tear mine had (the paint was still untouched).

I've had PPF on a few trucks, but have had it torn by large rocks. IMO, its well worth it, even with the tear mine had (the paint was still untouched).
I've never used PPF but seriously considering it on the ram because of those large wrap around painted valances on the front beside the grill. I will probably only do those to around where they mate to the fenders at that seam if I do it. I will also put a bug deflector of some sort on the hood. probably a Bug Flector 2. I got the level kit ordered yesterday from Revel. should be here tomorrow. all I need is the truck to get here now.

What product have you used and what was the cost? Any other recommendations on PPF?
I'll also be doing PPF on my truck, especially with the body color bumpers. I have xpel brand on my 19 and it's held up fairly well...like firecadet it's take some hits to the PPF but the underlying paint is not damaged.

I'll also be doing PPF on my truck, especially with the body color bumpers. I have xpel brand on my 19 and it's held up fairly well...like firecadet it's take some hits to the PPF but the underlying paint is not damaged.
I'm seriously considering it. Just contacted the vendor/store I used earlier this month for window tint on another vehicle and said for PPF they use 3M 6mm film. Are most brands similar or should I focus on something like XPEL?

I'm seriously considering it. Just contacted the vendor/store I used earlier this month for window tint on another vehicle and said for PPF they use 3M 6mm film. Are most brands similar or should I focus on something like XPEL?
Honest I don't know. I had read good things about XPel before I went that direction in 2018. I'll be sticking with them for this one. I know they offer both 7mm and 10mm thicknesses for theirs, with I think 10mm being the one recommended for the outside of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back