5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamFarmer

Reaction score
What is everyone's take on the Daystar spacers and links with the 2020 Limited with the OFF Road Package? Been hearing clearance issues? Replace UCA a must?

D.Sull

Reaction score
My limited has the Off Road 2 setting but I'm not sure if that means it has the Off Road package. I like my spacers and links. I went ahead and replaced the UCAs with the Mopar ones. The ball joints have more travel in them. You can see via the pictures in this thread. I run 35s on my truck and only rub in Aero mode while turning.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
What is everyone's take on the Daystar spacers and links with the 2020 Limited with the OFF Road Package? Been hearing clearance issues? Replace UCA a must?
I did the links when truck was new only 600 miles but no problems yet, I did a lot of research some other guys on here ran stocks up to 25-30,000 miles with stock you see UCAs with no problems, it is a little tight the angle of the UCA but it doesn’t hit anything I’m just gonna try running it if I have to replace them or replace them but I have no rubbing with 295 6020 tires. I only keep my truck still about 30 35,000 miles and don’t do any off-road Ing so I’m hoping I will be fine!

Ram41313

Reaction score
I did the links when truck was new only 600 miles but no problems yet, I did a lot of research some other guys on here ran stocks up to 25-30,000 miles with stock you see UCAs with no problems, it is a little tight the angle of the UCA but it doesn’t hit anything I’m just gonna try running it if I have to replace them or replace them but I have no rubbing with 295 6020 tires. I only keep my truck still about 30 35,000 miles and don’t do any off-road Ing so I’m hoping I will be fine!
Same no problems

kgurtsak

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot on here about the best options for leveling with the air suspension. I have a 2020 Limited and despise the 22" wheels, but love the vehicle otherwise. I am having a hard time finding a installer to do the links/spacers because they don't want the responsibility of anything going wrong and there isn't any "premier" resellers supporting this combo. Rough Country does have a new bracket that I believe essentially does the same thing as replacing the adjustable links people use. LINK

I may try this for $30 - End goal is to get 35x12.50 and 20" wheels under it. I also don't see it mentioned much on here but the offset is also a large reason why some people "rub" and some dont. A large offset that some people like changes the geometry of the wheel travel within the wheel well.

I am not an expert, but have had a RAM for the last 10 years and done a lot of research through forums and other resources. I really respect and enjoy the input from everyone in this community.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
W
I have been reading a lot on here about the best options for leveling with the air suspension. I have a 2020 Limited and despise the 22" wheels, but love the vehicle otherwise. I am having a hard time finding a installer to do the links/spacers because they don't want the responsibility of anything going wrong and there isn't any "premier" resellers supporting this combo. Rough Country does have a new bracket that I believe essentially does the same thing as replacing the adjustable links people use. LINK

I may try this for $30 - End goal is to get 35x12.50 and 20" wheels under it. I also don't see it mentioned much on here but the offset is also a large reason why some people "rub" and some dont. A large offset that some people like changes the geometry of the wheel travel within the wheel well.

I am not an expert, but have had a RAM for the last 10 years and done a lot of research through forums and other resources. I really respect and enjoy the input from everyone in this community.
Without the daystar spacer your ride is going to be more bouncy on the front end.
If you have a speciality 4x4 shop, not one of the chain ones, in your area they will probably do it.

AMorse

Reaction score
@RamFarmer I don’t recommend the Mopar UCAs. They have a different angle and a lot of drop. My Mopar UCAs from their 2inch lift kit hit my air lift sensors and I had to take both sensors off and a new mounting hole on them about a 1/2 inch higher than the original to more the señor down out of the way of the UCA. I know of at least one other forum member that had to do the same. The UCA touching the air sensor happened in entry exit mode and caused the bracket to bend pushing it against the frame and I would get air suspension warnings. Others that did not change the UCA have not mentioned this problem so I would suggest sticking with the stock UCAs. Just my opinion.

2019 Ram 1500 Limited
20x10 Fuel Crush With Dark Tint wrapped in 35 x 12.5 Toto Open Country AT3’s
MaxTrac 2.5 inch leveling spacers in the front, Revel air links front and rear, and OEM air suspension.
Grayed our chrome.

RamFarmer

Reaction score
I just ordered 295/60/20 on a 9” rim and o offset. Has the off-road package so I’m thinking only an 1.5 lift up front max

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Does the rough country put you at 2.5 only? Seems I’ve been reading air suspension errors at that level. New truck is on transport. First Ram ever always been Ford guy

Checkmate251

Reaction score
I’ve been through all the research and post about this waiting for mine to arrive!
I don’t know anything about the rough country is that’s a new product but yes all that’s doing is relocating your link arm therefore that one will not be adjustable I went with the Daystar pucks and the Revel links I gained about 2.5 inches!
No codes, I don’t ever lower the truck or go into the off-road 2 my truck has the off-road package so it was already an inch higher I think a lot of guys that get the codes when they raise it and lower it and play with the leveling all the time I don’t ever touch it it just self levels when I hook my trailer to it and that’s it I’ve never gotten any codes! 295 60 20 on 20 x 10 -12 offset wheels. The new ram body style is wider so if you want it to stick out just a tad in rear and the front is almost flush then you have to go with -12.
295 65 20 and 35” guys seem to rub a little. I would recommend the Revel links with the Daystar, my shop did the pucks in 20 min, very easy! Also have stock UCA’s, It’s a little bit steep of an angle but guys on here don’t seem to have issues with stocks. 80A9851C-601F-4518-B314-E5657521037A.jpeg B7D44D24-2730-45AE-85C9-E55B88026B9C.jpeg 02545E8F-E35A-4A3D-9280-580B235B7675.jpeg B293B6D5-29AB-407C-8FCB-D7F39DB9B1DC.jpeg links because you can adjust them up and down to your liking I raised the rear and the front of mine have about 3/4 of an inch rake with the taller tires and a leveling kit I gained about 4 inches from stock!

Last edited:

NJC1684

Reaction score
I’ve been through all the research and post about this waiting for mine to arrive!
I don’t know anything about the rough country is that’s a new product but yes all that’s doing is relocating your link arm therefore that one will not be adjustable I went with the Daystar pucks and the Revel links I gained about 2.5 inches!
No codes, I don’t ever lower the truck or go into the off-road 2 my truck has the off-road package so it was already an inch higher I think a lot of guys that get the codes when they raise it and lower it and play with the leveling all the time I don’t ever touch it it just self levels when I hook my trailer to it and that’s it I’ve never gotten any codes! 295 60 20 on 20 x 10 -12 offset wheels. The new ram body style is wider so if you want it to stick out just a tad in rear and the front is almost flush then you have to go with -12.
295 65 20 and 35” guys seem to rub a little. I would recommend the Revel links with the Daystar, my shop did the pucks in 20 min, very easy! Also have stock UCA’s, It’s a little bit steep of an angle but guys on here don’t seem to have issues with stocks. View attachment 62320 View attachment 62321 View attachment 62322 View attachment 62323 links because you can adjust them up and down to your liking I raised the rear and the front of mine have about 3/4 of an inch rake with the taller tires and a leveling kit I gained about 4 inches from stock!

What is the distance from ground to fender with that setup?

zajaco

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the daystar/Revel link combo to level my 2020 Rebel. I've seen some posts for and some posts agains the Mopar 2" UCA's. Can anyone that has done this to a 2019-2020 Rebel comment on if they replaced the UCA's or not? Thanks!

D.Sull

Reaction score
I think the Rebel has the Mopar UCAs from the factory? I could be wrong. I have a Limited, not a Rebel.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I off road my Rebel and posted somewhere here a pic of the stock Rebel UCA and the Mopar lift ones side by side. definitely a better angle with the 2” lift UCA. I have been full drop on suspension off roading and use entry exit some times and my sensors fortunately are all good.

Attachments

• E13504AA-2135-4DA2-AF62-38996A738504.jpeg
    E13504AA-2135-4DA2-AF62-38996A738504.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 115

zajaco

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I'll plan on getting the UCAs when I level the rig. I spy a winch. I'm going to have to check out your posts to learn more about how you mounted that ;-)

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
First I've seen of those, but they work in a similar fashion as the links in this thread. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...hare_fid=2034315&share_type=t&link_source=app

Difference being that it replaces the mounting point for the sensor assembly vs simply replacing the links.

I don't think you can go wrong with either option. The links can be made for relatively cheap (pic is the ones I made). And the RC is also cheap.
e14bee48b4081a8076ca34a0bee41c4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zajaco

Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with either option. The links can be made for relatively cheap (pic is the ones I made). And the RC is also cheap.

I like those. Where did you source the ends? I'm not even sure what those are called.

Users who are viewing this thread