5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drewburns

Reaction score
If you were going to level or lift a 2019 Air Ride, what is the best way, brand, or parts that you would put on your truck? I know this has been covered in quite a few threads in some way, and since we have to do quite a bit of searching through different threads to piece together this kind of info, I would like to consolidate it into one thread. My apologies if anything in here isn't proper forum etiquette. This is the first time I've ever posted to a forum, and the reason for posting this thread is that for the past few months I have been confused as all hell as to what is best for this. Feel free to insert "You know nothing John Snow" type comments here.

I've got a 2019 Ram Limited and am ready to put on 20 x 10 wheels and 35" tires. With all of the different information out there it's hard to tell what is the best option, or in the case of the level, which way to do it. Of the different opinions on here, what is the best way to level the truck while maintaining the different ride height settings and ride comfort, or is it better to just go with the Rough Country 5" lift.

I would prefer to go with a Level that gives me just enough room for 35" tires so that I don't rub instead of a full 5" lift. My concern is that I don't want to lose any functionality of the different offroad settings, and don't want to sacrifice much, if any, ride quality.

Is the best ride and way to do this to just suck it up and get the RC 5" lift? Or is there one way/brand to do the level that is going to be better than the others? I say one way because there have been several different ways I've read about on here. This is all really confusing to me since this will be the first truck I've ever had lifted. Owned several different ones in the past and all have been stock. I prefer the height of a level, but if getting the 5" lift is the overall better option then I will do that.

Below is the condensed version of what I've found so far through the threads.

Level options: Some users have done one, or a combo, of these from my understanding
1. Revel Performance links: Adjust to 2.25 to not get an error message, I understand ride quality degrades a good bit.
2. Daystar Comfort ride lift/level kit: I saw this recommended and possibly even in conjunction with the revel performance links. I did not see anywhere that it was ok to use with the Air Ride system.
3. Witech reprogram at dealer: if you can get a competent dealer mechanic to do it. Most recommend against it.
4. New shocks: I've read Bilstein several times
5. Motofab: I thought I had seen someone recommend them on here but not sure if it was for Air Ride. Website doesn't state if it is compatible or not.

Suspension lifts:
1. Rough Country: 5" is a bit much for me but part of me says screw it, i've heard they've gotten better in the past few years quality wise.
2. BDS: No one knows when they'll release the 4" lift but it is on the horizon for this year.

Any help, recommendations, and advice you can give is greatly appreciated. This is my business truck and want to ensure it has the best option on it. I live in the Clarksville/Nashville, TN area... I feel like I'm supposed to tell you that. Seen it on a few other threads.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a couple post regarding the Daystar Lifts / Link combo. So far folks seems to like it. I have leveling links but just ordered the Daystar kit and made some new links today that I will install after I get the Daystar installed.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I want to go the daystar level route myself I think but need to find an installer in Dallas metro area who is familiar with working on the air suspension.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to go the daystar level route myself I think but need to find an installer in Dallas metro area who is familiar with working on the air suspension.

I looked at the instructions and it looks simple, I am going to find out Monday what the dealer will charge to install it but if they are too high or don’t want to fool with it then I may tackle it.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your best bet is the Daystar kit with new links. This will give you the best ride quality and you will not lose any function of the different settings. If all you install is leveling links, you run the risk of not being able to use the off-road settings as there is already too much pressure in the air struts.

drewburns

Reaction score
Your best bet is the Daystar kit with new links. This will give you the best ride quality and you will not lose any function of the different settings. If all you install is leveling links, you run the risk of not being able to use the off-road settings as there is already too much pressure in the air struts.
I've seen heard of some people using Bilstein or King's shocks to level their 4th Gen trucks. Would something like this work?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A10

Reaction score
Good post OP. To the others that have done “new links” are you making them yourselves through local hardware store or granger.com?

I would like to go this route as well, I want 35’s pretty bad but I don’t want a lift kit. Have you all been able to do daystar level + links and not have any rubbing? Or if there is rubbing, you are able to correct it with a little plastic trimming?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good post OP. To the others that have done “new links” are you making them yourselves through local hardware store or granger.com?

I would like to go this route as well, I want 35’s pretty bad but I don’t want a lift kit. Have you all been able to do daystar level + links and not have any rubbing? Or if there is rubbing, you are able to correct it with a little plastic trimming?
That all depends on the wheel offset, but you can run 35s with a proper level with zero to minimal trimming with the right offset. Not sure about how much the aero mode would have an effect.

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I used the Revel links to just level the truck (lowered the rear a little, raised the front a little, about 3/8 rake now, far better than stock. No errors, ride is about the same. I have ORG, so 1" higher already. I'm planning on putting 34 or 35's on next year (wearing down the stock tires a bit first, hate to waste the $ and they haven't been bad tires so far, just a bit small for the truck). The Daystar leveling kit is interesting though, and if I was looking to go higher I'd go that route.

sgk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the daystar kit would work with the air suspension and off-road group? If so what you paste the link for it.
Thanks

Reactions: A10

RamLimit009

Reaction score
Me personally, I'm going to wait for the BDS system. I have some time before I wear out these stockers anyway.

drewburns

Reaction score
So i've decided that I'm going to do the Revel links with the Daystar leveling spacers until the BDS kit comes out.

One thing I found was someone on here, can't remember looking through all the posts, said that the MOPAR UCA's for the 2" lift have the joint for the air ride system and recommended putting those on since you can order them separately. Is this something that is needed, or do y'all recommend adding this to it also?

I'm not sure if new UCA's should be added in addition to this, or instead of the spacers.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So i've decided that I'm going to do the Revel links with the Daystar leveling spacers until the BDS kit comes out.

One thing I found was someone on here, can't remember looking through all the posts, said that the MOPAR UCA's for the 2" lift have the joint for the air ride system and recommended putting those on since you can order them separately. Is this something that is needed, or do y'all recommend adding this to it also?

I'm not sure if new UCA's should be added in addition to this, or instead of the spacers.
Order the UCAs, they’re relatively cheap and will give you peace of mind. Leveled 4th gens were notorious for the stock upper ball joint to pop out of socket.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m reading that those spacers are for coils
It’s the same spacer for coils or air. The Daystar spacer is the only spacer that does not rotate the strut assembly as it uses bolt extensions instead. That is the one people are using for air.

Reactions: A10

A10

Reaction score
It’s the same spacer for coils or air. The Daystar spacer is the only spacer that does not rotate the strut assembly as it uses bolt extensions instead. That is the one people are using for air.

Ok so it also says not for orp trucks. Is this true or no?? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread