5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Ls Technologies of Canada.

$3.90 each. Stainless steel so they won't rust.
Part number in screenshot.

There is a lot of good info in that thread I linked. Definitely worth a read if you are going to do this mod. If you go with the links, you can adjust to your liking. I didn't see if the RC mounting plates were adjustable.
4a8ff135051b04f5be98b35cff370097.jpg

Just noticed my picture was kinda low quality. Part number is C13S20M6SS

zajaco

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the ball studs and the link to the other thread. I read through it. I have a Rebel and it will be in situations off road where the suspension will be a full droop, i.e. high centered on a sand dune ;). So, it looks like I'm going to need to spend the money I saved from the Revel links on a tubular control arm to clear the strut and sensor for situations when the front is in the air. The RC mounting plates may help with hitting the sensor at full droop, but the links, spacer, and UCA seem like the tried and true method.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Haven't done this, I'm about to though, but i'd encourage anyone who makes the suspension links themselves from home that they put jam nuts on each of the links. prevents any sort of movement of the threaded rod. Just a $1 consideration is all :)

Ohh also... any feedback on the motofab spacers? They have 2" and 2.5" and are identical in specs to the Daystar ones (except MF are Aluminum and Daystar are poly I think). but they are about 1/2 the price. Its going on a 2021 4x4 with OFG and Air Suspension so I'm getting both the spacer and the links. just trying to determine if it should be a 2" or a 2.5" kit. I guess I can wait til the truck comes in, but thought i'd ask in advance if anyone knew.

Last edited:

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Haven't done this, I'm about to though, but i'd encourage anyone who makes the suspension links themselves from home that they put jam nuts on each of the links. prevents any sort of movement of the threaded rod. Just a $1 consideration is all :)

Ohh also... any feedback on the motofab spacers? They have 2" and 2.5" and are identical in specs to the Daystar ones (except MF are Aluminum and Daystar are poly I think). but they are about 1/2 the price. Its going on a 2021 4x4 with OFG and Air Suspension so I'm getting both the spacer and the links. just trying to determine if it should be a 2" or a 2.5" kit. I guess I can wait til the truck comes in, but thought i'd ask in advance if anyone knew.
Agree. I took mine off because I had a Rough Country 5" lift installed, and felt like I was getting a bit of a Cali lean with them. That and off-road 2 wasn't really acting right.
But if/when I do put them back on, I will be adding the nut to help lock the ends in place.

Nunezj

Reaction score
I have a Ram 1500 Limited with Air Suspension. Just added the Daystar Spacers and the Revel Performance links. The suspension feels loose and the truck did not level out. Ive read here 2.5 is what most people are setting up on the links. My question how are people measuring the 2.5 inches. Is it as a whole or from what points?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I have a Ram 1500 Limited with Air Suspension. Just added the Daystar Spacers and the Revel Performance links. The suspension feels loose and the truck did not level out. Ive read here 2.5 is what most people are setting up on the links. My question how are people measuring the 2.5 inches. Is it as a whole or from what points?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.
I think most do from ground to top of fender arch. The spacers are supposed to keep you as close to stock feel as possible with that setup. Did you do both front and rear links? Is it higher in the rear or front?

bourgeois

Reaction score
Brought my truck to the dealership today to install the daystar spacer and links. When i picked it up they did not install the spacer because they said it can not go on top, so they just put the front links on. I told them many times that it would work.

srzaver2

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with this from RC? Seems sort of a cheap way to trick the air ride computer.

So, I had a shop install this in my 2020 Laramie ORP w/Air Ride. AND DO NOT GO WITH THIS KIT. I had them take it off immediately after I test drove it. This kit obviously removes OR1 and OR2(For those without the ORP). It made my truck just bounce in the front, while driving on a smooth road. It's like it had too much air in the system and it was a nightmare. Called RC, they said it was probably the truck and had no other explanation. After reading on here some, this kit is probably only helpful or useful to those without the ORP, since the trucks with Air ride and ORP are already an inch higher to begin with. I havent figured out what I'm going to do yet for my level, but the Daystar pucks and Revel links seems to be the way I'm leaning. Anyone know of a shop in Houston that would be willing to do it?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
So, I had a shop install this in my 2020 Laramie ORP w/Air Ride. AND DO NOT GO WITH THIS KIT. I had them take it off immediately after I test drove it. This kit obviously removes OR1 and OR2(For those without the ORP). It made my truck just bounce in the front, while driving on a smooth road. It's like it had too much air in the system and it was a nightmare. Called RC, they said it was probably the truck and had no other explanation. After reading on here some, this kit is probably only helpful or useful to those without the ORP, since the trucks with Air ride and ORP are already an inch higher to begin with. I havent figured out what I'm going to do yet for my level, but the Daystar pucks and Revel links seems to be the way I'm leaning. Anyone know of a shop in Houston that would be willing to do it?

There are several shops in the Katy area that can handle. The shop I went with seemed to have no issue installing. Problem was after I picked my truck up I noticed the front sway bar was missing an end link nut and front was not sitting level as they said it was. Long story short, I called the shop back and they said they were sorry, but they had closed the shop and were moving everything out. Now mind you this was the morning after they installed my Daystars and Revel Links. Anyway, I won't name the shop since they don't exist any longer.

I've heard good things about the offroad shop in Richmond...can't remember the name. There are a couple shops here in Katy that could do it as well, I believe they wanted like $300 or so to install with alignment at Extreme Offroad. I've never used them, but they have been around for a while. Located at Fry Road and I10.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense actually. Since you have ORP, and are already sitting an inch taller, this kit is effectively putting you up into the OR2 range on your bags, which will cause more bounce at higher speeds.
You would probably benefit from getting the daystar spacers to go with the RC kit. The spacers would bring your bags back down to stock air level, but keep the rest of the suspension components (specifically upper control arms) where they need to be to trick the system into a new "normal" ride height.
Now, you could do all that and still end up with a slightly more bouncy ride than you like because of the ORP. In that case, I would suggest making your own adjustable links and setting them a bit longer than the RC kit length. You'll get slightly less "lift", but much improved ride quality.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Also, after rereading your post, I should add you probably don't need to buy the revels since you already have the RC kit. I haven't checked the specs, but I imagine they are the same length, or super close. They both work off the same principle.

srzaver2

Reaction score
There are several shops in the Katy area that can handle. The shop I went with seemed to have no issue installing. Problem was after I picked my truck up I noticed the front sway bar was missing an end link nut and front was not sitting level as they said it was. Long story short, I called the shop back and they said they were sorry, but they had closed the shop and were moving everything out. Now mind you this was the morning after they installed my Daystars and Revel Links. Anyway, I won't name the shop since they don't exist any longer.

I've heard good things about the offroad shop in Richmond...can't remember the name. There are a couple shops here in Katy that could do it as well, I believe they wanted like $300 or so to install with alignment at Extreme Offroad. I've never used them, but they have been around for a while. Located at Fry Road and I10.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. That's crap on their part, but I guess everyone is struggling with this year. I hear Allout Offroad does a good job as well in stafford.

srzaver2

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense actually. Since you have ORP, and are already sitting an inch taller, this kit is effectively putting you up into the OR2 range on your bags, which will cause more bounce at higher speeds.
You would probably benefit from getting the daystar spacers to go with the RC kit. The spacers would bring your bags back down to stock air level, but keep the rest of the suspension components (specifically upper control arms) where they need to be to trick the system into a new "normal" ride height.
Now, you could do all that and still end up with a slightly more bouncy ride than you like because of the ORP. In that case, I would suggest making your own adjustable links and setting them a bit longer than the RC kit length. You'll get slightly less "lift", but much improved ride quality.

I appreciate the info, I wish I had known more about the ORP when I was looking into it. But I am honestly just going to do a 4 inch lift on mine at this point. The BDS lift for the air ride. Only thing is, BDS will not confirm if their 2019 kit works for a 2020 yet, and none of the shops I've called will do it without consent that this was not made for a 2020. Just waiting on BDS really...

I did see someone with a 2020 put the 19 4 inch lift on theirs with no problem, it was down in the victoria area I believe. I think he has a vid up on youtube.

Last edited:

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I appreciate the info, I wish I had known more about the ORP when I was looking into it. But I am honestly just going to do a 4 inch lift on mine at this point. The BDS lift for the air ride. Only thing is, BDS will not confirm if their 2019 kit works for a 2020 yet, and none of the shops I've called will do it without consent that this was not made for a 2020. Just waiting on BDS really...

I did see someone with a 2020 put the 19 4 inch lift on theirs with no problem, it was down in the victoria area I believe. I think he has a vid up on youtube.
Nothing wrong with going that route. I did the same, but with the Rough County lift. I saw someone on one of the many suspension threads I follow mention a specific change BDS said they had to do for the 2020 version of their lift. If I can find it, I will come back and link it.

srzaver2

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with going that route. I did the same, but with the Rough County lift. I saw someone on one of the many suspension threads I follow mention a specific change BDS said they had to do for the 2020 version of their lift. If I can find it, I will come back and link it.
that would be great, would love to see what the actual difference is!

SRT-8 Mitch

Reaction score
I looked at the instructions and it looks simple, I am going to find out Monday what the dealer will charge to install it but if they are too high or don’t want to fool with it then I may tackle it.
Texas Tire well install it for you.

Johnnyd75

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with this from RC? Seems sort of a cheap way to trick the air ride computer.

I have these from RC. It works without errors as long as you don’t try to goto OR1 or OR2. However I was dumb and not knowing any better, when we installed I put the truck in transport mode, along with turning on tire assist(I believe)to make sure it fit in the garage. So maybe that is an issue? The front is stiff and on bigger bumps it hits pretty hard on both driver and passenger sides. Speed bumps are stupid and the front hops over them even at slow speeds.
Rides fine other than that. I bought and have the Daystar spacers because I saw someone on here who had both the RC brackets and DS spacers and said it rode just like new. Planning to install spacers this weekend.
1) Would putting in transport mode affect the install outcome?

db252

Reaction score
Put my revel links and Daystar spacers on including Mopar 2” lift UCA’s just recently with pics. Completely stock drivability and all air level functions work as designed.

Users who are viewing this thread