5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I replaced the bolts on the Niilight ditch lights I installed last weekend. The bolts were too close to the hood for me.
27eee7d14c46c309c012383d27225f5b.jpg

04469a3b72c3821029622c5fe896b235.jpg

8b931d8fc40554cba3b69e2d268383cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saylor

Reaction score
Upgraded my sound from the base six speaker system to something better. I managed to fit a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D and a RF R2-500X4, plus an AudioControl LC2i Pro, all under the front driver seat. My goal was to keep the new audio gear together, and with as short a run for electrical wiring as possible. Clearance is narrow, but still good at the lowest seat position. Total length of power wire is less than 7.5 feet; ground wires are about 6 inches. Only the speaker wire for the sub runs to the back, nothing mounted to the back wall (I need that for other things). Sub volume control knob and remote line run under the center console.

Removing the ANC module / bracket left a pocket area to conceal wiring under the amp locations, while also providing a 10mm frame stud on each side for the amplifier grounds. Front Speakers are REF-9633ix 6x9 & Kappa 300m 3.5 W/blockers at 2ohm for 125 watts, with 75 watts at 4ohm for the rear 96333ix’s. I used hi-level inputs front and rear to the R2-500X4 via a clipped iDatalink bCH3 bypass.

I originally ran an RCA line out from the R2-500X4 pass through to the sub amp. However, this caused some low feedback in the line (the RF amp was likely not designed for hi-input to low RCA output). So, I tapped the rear speaker lines to add the LC2i Pro to fix the issue (the Pro has a ground selectable circuit).

View attachment 82685
View attachment 82686

I transport gear in the cab when traveling so I did not want to install an under seat sub box that I would have to move or pull for trips. Instead I built a custom box for a Kicker 10” L7T to replace the folding center armrest. To make sure the box has the correct sized cubic footprint, I ended up having to relocate the entire rear seat group forward 1.35 inches at the frame mounts. I still need to steam heat and work out some leather wrinkles from the Katzkin covers, and I haven’t had a chance to fine-tune the sound system yet, but it is definitely improved.

View attachment 82687
View attachment 82729

I’ve nearly finished my silver interior trim delete.
For the life of me I can’t figure out why RAM would leave all that silver trim in a “Night Edition” truck.

View attachment 82690 View attachment 82691

Also reupholstered the sun visors to match the Katzkin seats (an absolute time consuming nightmare), after my failed airbag safety decal removal attempt.

View attachment 82692

Update: So I still had feedback using the hi-pass head unit output for the four 6x9’s when feeding directly to the RF amp. I think this might be based on the same issue some are writing about concerning the left front driver side speaker acting up when using apple car play. I swapped the front dash Kappa Perfect 3.5’s with References series. I originally bought all Kappa speakers, but could not get the 6x9’s Kappa’s to fit the doors properly (Kappa’s are very wide and deep). So now all of the speakers are Infinity Reference series. Since the Reference line requires less power, I ran the dash speakers directly from the head unit front speaker output using the BCH3 (just as others have suggested), and kept the rear output feeding the LC2i Pro.

From the LC2i I used the sub out for the low amp, and used the other output for the front and rear 6x9’s, selecting 2 channel mode on the RF. So the Sub, front, and rear speakers, all get the same signal from the rear output of the head unit. Technically eliminating radio controllable fade, aside form 3.5’s dash speakers vs. everything else.

Not something I wanted to do, I considered upgrading to the 6 channel AudioControl converter. However, what is odd is how well the LC2i balanced out the sound when only using the rear line input for everything amplified. Dialing in the front and rear output was much easier, and now no weird bass shortfall, feedback, or out of sync volume drop that I was having before. Apple Carplay still lowers all of the speakers when I use Siri, but now Siri only speaks through the front driver dash speaker, not the entire driver front side, and not at some crazy high volume as it did before. Everything is playing exactly as it should.

On an additional note, for those considering a four channel amp, the RF R2-500x4 I bought for the Kappa line is a lot of amp for the reference speakers. I have the gain set all the way down and it pushes the speakers hard and clean. The R2-300x4 would easily do the job for less.
hawt

saylor

Reaction score
I replaced the bolts on the Niilight ditch lights I installed last weekend. The bolts were too close to the hood for me.
27eee7d14c46c309c012383d27225f5b.jpg

04469a3b72c3821029622c5fe896b235.jpg

8b931d8fc40554cba3b69e2d268383cd.jpg

could you post a link to what brackets you went with please?

saylor

Reaction score
u da man mang this is on the short list i just needed to know some proven brackets.

whoa whoa whoa wowo wow o

a dont have a buck fiddy imma cheap boomer.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
20x9 -12mm Pro comp Rockwell’s

Aluminum Hub centric rings

285/65/20 Falken Wldpeak AT3W

Rough Country rear wheel well liners

I ceramic coated the wheels before install. I also cleansed the rotors of surface rust, and applied a film of anti-seize prior to the wheel install.

I have a 2.5” top hat level. Future plan is to get the rough country 3.5” lift with the 3.5” lift struts.

View attachment 82776
View attachment 82777
View attachment 82778
View attachment 82779

What aluminum hub centric rings did you go with?

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
A few parts are wrapped with Vivvid vinyl due to the type of plastic the parts are made from. 90% of the parts are painted, which had to be block sanded (the sides of most of the aluminum and plastic bits have a rough texture). Primed with an etching primer, then painted with House of Kolor BC25 Jet Black and clear coated. Some items could be completely dissembled, very time consuming.

View attachment 82766
View attachment 82767
View attachment 82768
I used some 5% window tint to darken the LED buttons and park selector light areas (some of the LED dash lights do not fade when adjusting the factory knob)

Other parts required careful masking as they could not be taken apart, or I didn't want to take the chance of breaking something.
View attachment 82769
Zero interest in wanting to disassemble an airbag.
View attachment 82770

View attachment 82771
Absolute fire!

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
First road trip about 240 miles up north. Was a comfortable ride, got good use of the Adaptive CC, averaged 18.6 mpg, and wife and kids didn’t complain about the new muffler so a win for me.

Attachments

• 37824205-3B39-4A28-95EB-A1F827BC0BA2.jpeg
    37824205-3B39-4A28-95EB-A1F827BC0BA2.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 114

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Okay, do you have all the info I need to do this jotted down somewhere? My wife insists on a CD player. Does it integrate seamlessly into the existing radio? I have the 12 inch.
Here's a link to my thread, should answer some questions you have. There is a link to the Amazon site where I bought it, and feel free to ask me about anything else.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Finished up all of my wiring connection to the reverse backup lighting kit I installed. All in, cost was about $75. See post #123

Users who are viewing this thread