5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

K_Hub

Reaction score
Small budget upgrades today. Borrowed the velcro on the center console idea from a previous post. Nice place to mount my nitecore 1200lm light, airlift controller, and a knife and spring loaded glass breaker just in case (growing up here in ag country I’ve seen far too many people stuck in their cars after driving into a full canal). Mounted a trash bag on the passenger side to keep stuff out of the console and floorboard. Mounted my new black and chrome flag emblems. After a ton of moving to different spots with a magnet I ended up going with my first idea and putting just above the ram logo on either door. Love the emblems and pictures don’t do them justice.

77767ad34c8b583ec3fe46996649b7e5.jpg

1a960e9784a1e17b17a1488e2c1d5b47.jpg

636f7c00401ce84bbe9c59e256fbeef5.jpg

1a9052c2592a39098d8a1afdccb6ade6.jpg

6298e1b8c0464b87b9a0c16d6131f9a3.jpg
28d2dcf353d6e28a4943cb917df95adb.jpg

acc7458c497bbb6beb3daba86a4d0b66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small budget upgrades today. Borrowed the velcro on the center console idea from a previous post. Nice place to mount my nitecore 1200lm light, airlift controller, and a knife and spring loaded glass breaker just in case (growing up here in ag country I’ve seen far too many people stuck in their cars after driving into a full canal). Mounted a trash bag on the passenger side to keep stuff out of the console and floorboard. Mounted my new black and chrome flag emblems. After a ton of moving to different spots with a magnet I ended up going with my first idea and putting just above the ram logo on either door. Love the emblems and pictures don’t do them justice.

77767ad34c8b583ec3fe46996649b7e5.jpg

1a960e9784a1e17b17a1488e2c1d5b47.jpg

636f7c00401ce84bbe9c59e256fbeef5.jpg

1a9052c2592a39098d8a1afdccb6ade6.jpg

6298e1b8c0464b87b9a0c16d6131f9a3.jpg
28d2dcf353d6e28a4943cb917df95adb.jpg

acc7458c497bbb6beb3daba86a4d0b66.jpg

I really like that Velcro idea for the flashlight and knife...what’s loops did you use?

K_Hub

Reaction score
Got this blueridge overland roll-up dump pouch that I had simply been using the open ITW GrimLoc clip to hang over the edge of the console side cubby. Worked decently, but would slide all over the place and occasionally fall off. Thought I could make use of the velcro surfaces and add some hook-side velcro beneath cubby opening to keep it secure. After more thought, realized it would make more sense to get a nice wide strip of the loop side and run it the full length so that I could attach any velcro backed organization items I wanted (since they usually all have hook side on back).

Found some good 4" wide stuff on amazon that claims heat resistance up to 90 +- 5* Celsius (185--203* Fahrenheit) and doesn't leave traces when peeled off. With seats all the way back, a 12" strip will take you just behind seat to end of cubby opening. Prepped surface by cleaning with isopropyl alcohol then applied the loop side to both driver and passenger side. To support the BROG dump pouch I double sided some hook surface to create two patches that I could put on either side for holding the dump pouch. Keeping it on passenger side now and it works great!

Even had an unused Maxpedition mag holder that I had on bottom of rear seats for baby gear organization (was gonna roll up diapers in the loops but unfortunately too small haha), that I now use on driver side for my survival knife (has glass breaker and cord/seat belt cutter). So many options for velcro organization in general, I'm gonna have some fun! Will report back on whether the adhesive survives the upcoming 105* TX summer weekend.

Here’s the original post.

K_Hub

Reaction score
I really like that Velcro idea for the flashlight and knife...what’s loops did you use?

I just quoted the original post. I bought the same Velcro and mag holders.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Purchased these last night to install both wireless apple CarPlay and wireless charging. It should all get here Wednesday and I’ll post how I’m routing everything. Can’t wait to not have to plug my phone in and disconnect it every time I get in and out of the truck.

23e313e04560e5d10557af94cd8d838a.jpg

K_Hub

Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. Maxpedition makes solid stuff.

They definitely work perfect for this application. I used two as I had too many slots I wanted to use.

WReckeR

Reaction score
First road trip about 240 miles up north. Was a comfortable ride, got good use of the Adaptive CC, averaged 18.6 mpg, and wife and kids didn’t complain about the new muffler so a win for me.
at what speed did you travel? And how many miles do you have on the truck? And do you have the 3.21 or 3.92? I've only driven cross country once, a couple weeks ago when I first picked up my truck. I did over 500 miles and got less than 16mpg, but I also passed through the mountains of Appalachia. I'm really, really hoping my fuel economy improves. I'm under 1000 miles at the moment.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Added the controversial grill lights, I'm digging it!

View attachment 82782
Why are they controversial? I've only heard a little chatter about how many and at what spacing. While they're not much more than aesthetic, I do like them. The little splash of color in the wheels, those lights, and the hooks sets off the truck nicely.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Just finished prepping my truck for the rear bumper reverse flood lighting I purchased. All wiring was done with a CURT harness and all wiring has been installed in split loom tubing. Once the mounting bracket arrives, I'll finish her up and post pics!

UPDATE: OK...off to a great start being that it rained on and off today and my hitch bracket just came about an hour ago. I have the bracket installed; the lights mounted; the CURT harness connected up to the truck; the 5-pin extension cable wired up; and all wiring is in a split-loom jacket. If the weather holds out tomorrow (calling for more rain), I plan to get everything wired up and functional. Pics so far:

View attachment 82774 View attachment 82775
Okay, so, SG...you have TWO lights there, but the CURT has only one flat 5 connector, into which you applied the additional connector leaving you with flying leads. So my question is, how did you connect wires from a pair of lights to the one set of leads?

Also, did you even consider the Luyeds? They're so much smaller.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
at what speed did you travel? And how many miles do you have on the truck? And do you have the 3.21 or 3.92? I've only driven cross country once, a couple weeks ago when I first picked up my truck. I did over 500 miles and got less than 16mpg, but I also passed through the mountains of Appalachia. I'm really, really hoping my fuel economy improves. I'm under 1000 miles at the moment.

My around town mileage sucks a big one. But pure highway (with a level and 33in 10ply tires) I get 18-19 with a 3.92 Hemi. I’m sure the mountains notched yours down a few.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why are they controversial? I've only heard a little chatter about how many and at what spacing. While they're not much more than aesthetic, I do like them. The little splash of color in the wheels, those lights, and the hooks sets off the truck nicely.
Because the Ford Raptor has it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thank you! There was a couple debates on them being "Raptor lights" 🙄

WReckeR

Reaction score
Thank you! There was a couple debates on them being "Raptor lights" 🙄
Man, I have a Kawasaki ZX-12R, from the early 00's, but still one of the fastest out there. We regularly denigrate the Suzuki Hayabusa. So I guess I've joined another rivalry then. Honestly, I like the Raptor. If I add that 160HP supercharger I read about, maybe I won't have to worry about it any longer. I sat in one in 2019 and I can proudly say our interior is far nicer.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Thank you! There was a couple debates on them being "Raptor lights"

If you buy a new TRX you’ll find the same lights equipped on them. Nothing Raptor about them they are a DOT requirement once your truck gets beyond a certain width.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Okay, so, SG...you have TWO lights there, but the CURT has only one flat 5 connector, into which you applied the additional connector leaving you with flying leads. So my question is, how did you connect wires from a pair of lights to the one set of leads?

Also, did you even consider the Luyeds? They're so much smaller.
You only need to use the WHITE and BLUE leads to hook up the two lights. If you look closely at the pic below, I took the grounds from both lights and tied them together. Did the same for the +12V leads. I then took the WHITE lead from the CURT to the BLACK leads of the lights and the BLUE lead from the CURT to the RED leads of the lights and soldered them and then heat shrinked them individually. One individually heat shrinked, I then took a larger diameter heat tube and encased the two together. After all was buttoned up, I added split loom and self-sealing silicone wrap for a 100% water tight connection.

Never considered the Luyeds because I don't like them and they look cheap. I thought the beefier solution that @saylor did looked awesome and more befitting of a large 4X4 truck. Personal opinion, but the small lights just didn't do it for me. The wiring I did would also to apply to the Luyed light installation so no differences there.

RAM LIGHT WIRING3.JPG
RAM LIGHT WIRING4.JPG

RAM REVERSE LTS2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online