5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Experience Feedback

Select all statements below that best describe your experience with the Uconnect system:

• My dealer walked me through the functions and features

• My dealer did not walk me through the functions and features

• I use resources such as DriveUconnect.com, social sites, and the owner’s manual to better understand

• I am confident in using Uconnect

• The Uconnect system is still unfamiliar to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, the more that I think of it, it probably only works about 25% of the time. Sad.

@RamCares isn't even responding to this issue.

:mad:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if RamCares is still following this, but I got a good walkthrough from my dealer (Mark Dodge.)

In general, I like the system, but I do agree that the map updates are too infrequent and should be free, at least for several years.

One feature I'd like to see make it to TraveLink would be the ability to search for nearby campgrounds/RV sites.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
The salesman at the dealership where I bought mine was pretty knowledgeable, and showed me a few things, but I didn't get much more than a quick 'n' dirty run-thru. He did plug-in my home address to the Nav, so all I had to do was hit the 'Go Here' button to find my way home (DFW is a major Charlie-Foxtrot if you're not familiar with the area, after all).

Other than that, I pretty much had to figure it out on my own. It's not too hard, but like anything else, there are lots of things that could easily be improved upon. I still probably don't know as much about it as most people, but then again I don't use as much of it as most people, either.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice if UConnect would automatically notify the owner when it detects sawzall vibrations on the catalytic converter. Then I could rig it up to my front doggie door so Kong (my 88 pound pit bull) can automatically be let out so he can enjoy a midnight snack under the Ram!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We wanted to pop in and thank you all for contributing to this thread! Although we may not always have an immediate answer to your questions or concerns since we may be waiting on a software update, our inbox is always open if you want to run something by us, anyway! Our team would be more than willing to take the time to look into any concerns that you might have.

Our @RamCares team is a part of the Social Engagement Team-- a department under Customer Care Experience at Stellantis. We consistently monitor various social media sites as a way to identify trends in the topics surrounding your conversations and reach out in the case that anyone needs additional support. Please know that we truly do take the time to read through your comments and consider the feedback that we hear from you. Since we work with various teams, we develop reports surrounding that feedback and pass this information along to the appropriate individuals. Our team aims to serve as an additional voice for you (our customers).

If you ever want to bring something to our attention, feel free to give our team a direct shout-out or send us a private message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks & have an awesome week,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Knight.

Reaction score
I’ve had my new truck for about a month now and the Uconnect app doesn’t do anything.

Attachments

• 8D0B89F1-424A-44F1-8879-56F944BF98F4.png
    8D0B89F1-424A-44F1-8879-56F944BF98F4.png
    133 KB · Views: 13

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I’ve had my new truck for about a month now and the Uconnect app doesn’t do anything.
Exactly. I would think the app would be something that could easily be addressed, since it's only 'fundamental,' yet universal to all UConnect platforms. We're not expecting Siri or Cortana or anything like that... but something more than just a blank screen with a logo and no options would be nice. Actually having some of those things work that the website says the app is supposed to do would be awesome.

Knight.

Reaction score
Exactly. I would think the app would be something that could easily be addressed, since it's only 'fundamental,' yet universal to all UConnect platforms. We're not expecting Siri or Cortana or anything like that... but something more than just a blank screen with a logo and no options would be nice. Actually having some of those things work that the website says the app is supposed to do would be awesome.

I agree, the features are nice. If only they worked for us lol.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get the NAV unit? If not I don't think you have any services to start with.

If you have the NAV unit you get a free trial of SiriusXM Guardian which is the app to lock, unlock, etc., you truck from your phone. After the trial it is not cheap to continue the subscription (even at a discount).

I only used the app a couple of times during my 1-year trial just to play around with it and then canceled at the end of the trial (as most of us did).

The sad part is that my wife's 2020 Ranger comes with a similar app and features for free for the life of the vehicle. Something for @RamCares to add to their trend analysis.

Knight.

Reaction score
Did you get the NAV unit? If not I don't think you have any services to start with.

If you have the NAV unit you get a free trial of SiriusXM Guardian which is the app to lock, unlock, etc., you truck from your phone. After the trial it is not cheap to continue the subscription (even at a discount).

I only used the app a couple of times during my 1-year trial just to play around with it and then canceled at the end of the trial (as most of us did).

The sad part is that my wife's 2020 Ranger comes with a similar app and features for free for the life of the vehicle. Something for @RamCares to add to their trend analysis.

No, sadly my truck wasn't equipped with the NAV feature. Not that I use NAV from the radio anyway but the uconnect features would of been nice to have. I didn't know this until after I looked into it and when I saw that monthly price I said it wasn't worth it either way lol. Other brands offer that for free not sure why Ram charges people for it after paying for a new truck. I could understand charging someone who bought a truck used and wanted to use that feature then maybe charge them $10 a month, but it should be free to new buyers. Just my opinion of course lol.

Clarkfred

Reaction score
I would like to hear the answer to this -

"What happened voice to text functionality that was present on older uconnect systems? Seems strange to have lost functionality with my new truck."

I used to use it all the time on my 2014 1500 Outdoorsman - but it does not work on my 2021 2500 Laramie

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to hear the answer to this -

"What happened voice to text functionality that was present on older uconnect systems? Seems strange to have lost functionality with my new truck."

I used to use it all the time on my 2014 1500 Outdoorsman - but it does not work on my 2021 2500 Laramie
I use it on my 2020 Ram. Just have to be plugged in and using Android Auto

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, sadly my truck wasn't equipped with the NAV feature. Not that I use NAV from the radio anyway but the uconnect features would of been nice to have. I didn't know this until after I looked into it and when I saw that monthly price I said it wasn't worth it either way lol. Other brands offer that for free not sure why Ram charges people for it after paying for a new truck. I could understand charging someone who bought a truck used and wanted to use that feature then maybe charge them $10 a month, but it should be free to new buyers. Just my opinion of course lol.
Could be worse. My wife got a brand new Chevy Traverse last year two month before I got my Ram. Her Che y only came with a three month free trial of all the features, and then she had to pay to keep them. We opted to only pay the $5/mo for siriusXM radio and didn't pay for the OnStar features for remote start, door unlock, find my vehicle. And the price to keep that service was twice as much as the SiriusXM Guardian subscription. So it's not like Dodge/Ram is only brand not offering free for life, Chevy is worse.

Knight.

Reaction score
Could be worse. My wife got a brand new Chevy Traverse last year two month before I got my Ram. Her Che y only came with a three month free trial of all the features, and then she had to pay to keep them. We opted to only pay the $5/mo for siriusXM radio and didn't pay for the OnStar features for remote start, door unlock, find my vehicle. And the price to keep that service was twice as much as the SiriusXM Guardian subscription. So it's not like Dodge/Ram is only brand not offering free for life, Chevy is worse.

You would think these companies would offer these services for free for new buyers. But as long as people are willing to pay for them, why change it lol.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Sirius XM trial is already down to 6 months. When I bought my truck it was 12 months.

My wife's Ranger came with 6 months of Sirius XM. The Tacoma she was looking at was only a 3 month trial.

Clarkfred

Reaction score
I use it on my 2020 Ram. Just have to be plugged in and using Android Auto
I guess I will have to do that. Seems they changed to a Panasonic unit and lost the functionality without Android auto.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We wanted to pop in and thank you all for contributing to this thread! Although we may not always have an immediate answer to your questions or concerns since we may be waiting on a software update, our inbox is always open if you want to run something by us, anyway! Our team would be more than willing to take the time to look into any concerns that you might have.

Our @RamCares team is a part of the Social Engagement Team-- a department under Customer Care Experience at Stellantis. We consistently monitor various social media sites as a way to identify trends in the topics surrounding your conversations and reach out in the case that anyone needs additional support. Please know that we truly do take the time to read through your comments and consider the feedback that we hear from you. Since we work with various teams, we develop reports surrounding that feedback and pass this information along to the appropriate individuals. Our team aims to serve as an additional voice for you (our customers).

If you ever want to bring something to our attention, feel free to give our team a direct shout-out or send us a private message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks & have an awesome week,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Dear Courtney,
We ... like all who expect tech to work in our favor -VS- not add complexity to it ... would like to believe you (Ram Cares/Stellantis) really understands the problems we all face with the Interface of Android Auto and our Android phones.

But we don't.

Any and all contact and interaction with any version of the Ram, Ram/Chrysler, Stellantis, Android Auto, Dealership staff act as if they've never heard our problem before, yet there are forum after forum of our problem(s), whether casually or carelessly explained, or explained with the detail a programmer could easily address with either the promise of an upcoming update, or a solution - even if it required 3 or 4 extra steps when connecting/disconnecting. And it tells us no one from the Executive Suites personnel that is knee deep in our problems, let alone visually witnesses the forums of our connectivity/interaction problems and telegraphs answers or solutions either in dialogue or directives, down the chain of command to the team(s) that are supposed to provide solutions.

"Ram Cares/Stellantis" management fail us endlessly! Please don't placate us with these empty posts cleared by a legal team and copy/pasted into this and other forums ... they show us you DON'T CARE ... as you didn't provide a single way to contact ANY level of help that Stellantis should offer.
No phone number. No Website. No Email Address. Not even a place to mail a letter. NOT ONE CONTACT METHOD!

Your post is both worthless and valueless.

BUT ... let's try to add something positive ...

Here's a place to start on a solution: As the phones get better, the Carriers (Verizon/ATT/etc) make their phones more and more exclusive to their platform ideals and networks ... if you don't get in front of this and make Android Auto For Ram something the overrides their versions of the phones they sell (by going direct to the manufacturers with exclusions from Network changes) you're going to forever be regarded as a crappy interface and invite the continued "Hacks" that have already started to pop up by enterprising coders who have easily hacked the entire Ram Interface AND the Android Auto App. Most of us stop posting because we used Reddit or other underground sites to provide us with hacks that give us solutions.

You want to help ... Answer us directly.
GIVE US ANSWERS.

It doesn't even have to be in this privatized forum ... set up a Website where we can get DIRECT ANSWERS and direct us to find answers there. (This last sentence will help the legal advisors unclench the panties out of their asscrack and realize that IS a great way to move forward while avoiding liability with disclaimers on "their" site.)

But don't come on here insulting us with this line of how happy you (proverbial "you", not you personally) are we're sharing our problems ... as we have not gotten a single answer ... nor group solution to ANY problem listed here.

Sorry if this is hurts ... if it does ... it's because it's true.

Don't tell us Ram Cares ... SHOW US!

CanRebel

Reaction score
Not sure Ram Cares is still reading this post or not.

2021 Rebel, picked it up just over week ago. I really like my Truck.
Have most options besides sunroof and ram box. Have everything else.

My 5 year old can write app better. That things is just garbage. Running it on IPhone 12 Pro Max. 512.
It doesn't refresh, though it pretends it is.
Things it does display don't match what my Truck says.
Keeps telling me I have messages when I already looked at them.
Remote lock and unlock , start and cancel take like 30mins, in clear open area, standing next to it.
Location always shows wrong place... like 5 streets away.
Vehicle Preferences also broken. I tried enable Face ID... it always turns off. Will never enable. Though all my other apps work fine.
After creating account with SiriusXM Guardian... they keep spamming me with emails to buy their crap. I've told them to stop at least 5 times.

Now for the Truck.
I have 12Inch with Nav...
Top card is Nav, bottom is radio.
Some clueless people decided to make the Nav default to "where you want to go" or something like that.
I WANT the map to be default. I have keep changing it every time.
Nav is something else is useless garbage. It makes you type the street, then city, then number...
It took forever to get my home address. I live in area that can be 5 different 'areas' so I had keep trying over and over again.

When I use either Apple or Android for map. It makes it 'TINY' and you can't make it bigger.

My wife told me get double-sided tape, and tape IPad or Active Pro over top of it, so I would stop complaining about it.

LV426

Reaction score
I've posted on a few threads regarding this radio already so I'll add to this one. The 12" Uconnect radio is broke.... There is no doubt, Uconnect admits it as well as SiriusXM. It is a poorly supported device that was pushed through whatever quality control they have for the wow factor. The fact that the @RamCares people do not comment anymore is more proof of the ongoing issues with this system. My guess is these problems combined with the "Chip shortage" will result in those of us who sprung for the extra big, fancy radio features will be royally screwed over.

As of this morning, my new issues with this radio is Navigation, the Travel link features and part of the XM display have just disappeared out of nowhere... Just started the truck, noticed it while driving... I'll probably start another thread regarding this so the info is out there.

Thumbs5th

Reaction score
Generally happy with it but definitely room for improvement.
1) Cameras need to stay on longer, use more screen. I pull in to a tight parking spot, activate surround camera, shift gears to adjust position and the camera view disappears. The system should automatically activate the relevant camera when obstacles are detected at less than 2(?) mph.
2) CLOCKS!!! When Android Auto is activated the only clock visible is moved to the left edge of the screen, close to the top. It is white font which almost disappears against the white background of Waze. Why does the clock even move from the top center? Plenty of space up there. The optional clock on the dash display needs to have the font match the speedo, tach, digital speed font.
3) Dash Display (center)- so much room for status messages, etc., yet they are truncated etc. Use that space!
4) Dash Display 2: Why no option for full time Nav directions in the center space?
5) Navigation: The blue font for the distance to next waypoint/exit, etc. is almost unreadable against the black background. That is a primary bit of information and should be better displayed.
6) Favorites: Yeah, it would be great if personal settings actually stayed in the system after using Android Auto. Perhaps it is related to the key vs user but that shouldn't really be an issue anyway.
7) "Buttons": Almost everything under the "Apps" button is not an application by common definition/usage of the term.

Users who are viewing this thread