5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Experience Feedback

Select all statements below that best describe your experience with the Uconnect system:

• My dealer walked me through the functions and features

• My dealer did not walk me through the functions and features

• I use resources such as DriveUconnect.com, social sites, and the owner’s manual to better understand

• I am confident in using Uconnect

• The Uconnect system is still unfamiliar to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram Nation: We are always striving to improve your ownership experience. Today, we are interested in hearing about your comfort level with the Uconnect system & connected services in your Ram truck. Please take our quick poll (approx. 30 sec.) and leave any additional comments below.

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual

Grimey

Reaction score
Please add the full Uconnect phone app functionality for the 12” screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
On the 12" screen models, not having CarPlay or camera views in full screen is a disappointment and a waste screen real estate. Otherwise it's fine.

Svt40

Reaction score
Dealer sort of walked me through the major functions.

The thing I'd love to see is a better, read: an actual, EQ for the stereo. It would not be hard to have something like an 11 band EQ built in. I'm old school and like to have that amount of adjustability in the stereo and watch the bands as music plays. Not to mention 20 years of jet engines has hurt my hearing in several bands that are not covered adequately by a bass/mid/treble EQ.

The uConnect phone app is useless from the small amount of interactions I've had with it.. This is coming from someone who rarely even brings his phone with him anywhere. It's basically a much slower fob.

1D32319

Reaction score
Picked up a truck last week. Dealer showed me the basics and I'm figuring out the rest.

The app is worthless to me though.

IMG-0122.png

Jgon371

Reaction score
System is bad... does not matter if you memorized the manual...it is not reliable...I can not depend on it... no sound 4 out of 7 starts. Ram lack of support for uconn 12 is frustrating. Thank you for sending a survey about how the user learned to 'use' a system that for which a significant number of people has problems such as freezing, no sound, etc. Your priorities are skewed.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My dealer showed me quite a bit but as I‘ve found out there was a lot more to learn . I haven’t had any problems with mine ( knock on wood ) .

Spendo81

Reaction score
Ram Nation: We are always striving to improve your ownership experience. Today, we are interested in hearing about your comfort level with the Uconnect system & connected services in your Ram truck. Please take our quick poll (approx. 30 sec.) and leave any additional comments below.

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual
Bluetooth favorites for phone and stations don't save after I plug in my for Android Auto.

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
I have not had any real problems with the 12" display. Some features of it could be improved, such as using the full display for Android Auto, wireless AA, full size camera screen, and keeping the surround camera on when doing a multi-point turn or parking.

The phone app is junk. It does not show the status of the vehicle, such as whether the doors are locked, if the engine is running, fuel tank level, etc. The app functions are not reliable and take forever. It is way behind other manufacturer's app features, most of whom do not require a paid subscription.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like uConnect better than my wife's SYNC in her Ford Ranger.

As others have mentioned support would be nice. One update in 2 years of ownership (8.4" with NAV) is not very supportive. And it didn't even fix any issues I'm having, specifically the fact that no matter what Theme I pick my 7" EVIC (in the instrument cluster) reverts back to Theme 1 within a day.

I've stopped asking and calling as all I get is "there's an update coming by the end of the quarter" every time I bring it up.

Awood05

Reaction score
I have not had any significant issues with my 12” (knock on wood)

I do get the occasional Mexican Popup Messages Loading across the bottom, but it goes away after a while.

I have had mine reboot itself a few minutes after starting the truck a couple of times. It comes back fairly quickly and doesn’t seem to affect anything.

I do like the system a LOT better than Ford’s SYNC.

However I will agree that the APP is totally useless. Besides the fact that you have to pay for it after a year, it has minimal functionality and isn‘t very responsive. Ford’s APP is much better.....and FREE. Neither one start the vehicle very well though, I will admit.

1D32319

Reaction score
However I will agree that the APP is totally useless. Besides the fact that you have to pay for it after a year, it has minimal functionality and isn‘t very responsive.

Welp, now I know I should have gotten a free year when I bought the truck. I guess I got cheated out of that.

As others have mentioned support would be nice. One update in 2 years of ownership (8.4" with NAV) is not very supportive. And it didn't even fix any issues I'm having, specifically the fact that no matter what Theme I pick my 7" EVIC (in the instrument cluster) reverts back to Theme 1 within a day.

I've stopped asking and calling as all I get is "there's an update coming by the end of the quarter" every time I bring it up.

How do you get notified of or install updates?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Welp, now I know I should have gotten a free year when I bought the truck. I guess I got cheated out of that.

How do you get notified of or install updates?
Updates will show a notice on the screen when they come through.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual
If you want to improve owners experience replace all ram trucks systems with Uconnect 5(yeah I know it’s not going to happen) 1. Make the app free just like most other manufacturers do for remote start, lock/unlock and sending nav locations. If people want the security package they’ll pay for it($250 annually is ridiculous). Tying the app to the security/theft package is pure greed, plain and simple 2. Fix the software with actual updates, not updates that just change the version #. 3. With the updates fix the displays to allow full screen usage for apple CarPlay/android auto. 4. Update maps for free since most everyone is using maps dated 4-5 years old now. 5. Update the voice commands to recognize common phrases, not these antiquated specific Uconnect phrases that no one can remember.

Since we won’t get a new system that actually works in our current trucks, install the new Uconnect 5 in 2022 models. All we can do then is pray it works better, which I hear it does on the vans. Uconnect really blew it with the current system when they had a great opportunity to blow the competition away.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If you want to improve owners experience replace all ram trucks systems with Uconnect 5(yeah I know it’s not going to happen) 1. Make the app free just like most other manufacturers do for remote start, lock/unlock and sending nav locations. If people want the security package they’ll pay for it($250 annually is ridiculous). Tying the app to the security/theft package is pure greed, plain and simple 2. Fix the software with actual updates, not updates that just change the version #. 3. With the updates fix the displays to allow full screen usage for apple CarPlay/android auto. 4. Update maps for free since most everyone is using maps dated 4-5 years old now. 5. Update the voice commands to recognize common phrases, not these antiquated specific Uconnect phrases that no one can remember.

Since we won’t get a new system that actually works in our current trucks, install the new Uconnect 5 in 2022 models. All we can do then is pray it works better, which I hear it does on the vans. Uconnect really blew it with the current system when they had a great opportunity to blow the competition away.
Well said. Agree fully.

Newguy

Reaction score

Useful Links-
DriveUconnect.com
Get your Owner's Manual
It syncs with my phone but it doesn't remember favorite phone numbers (resets every time). Voice recognition is good.

Users who are viewing this thread