5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True or False: 2” Leveling Kit, w/ ORP?

EJanx07

Reaction score
I see conflicting answers when it comes to a 2” Level Kit, added on top of the factory 1” ORP Lift.

True or False:?

Adding a 2” (Rough Country) Leveling Kit to the factory Off-Road Package, will make the 2019 Big Horn/Lone Star - exactly Level? No Rake visible...? Rear end doesn’t sag? (Rear end is lower than the front)

I’ve read posts on here, with people saying their 2” level kit results are:
The Front Rake, is still noticeably present but minimal, OR the truck looks perfectly level and looks great, OR the front now sits higher than the rear, giving their truck a “saggy rear look”.

I’m new to the game, and this is the 1st “Brand New” Truck I’ve ever owned. Any input/advice, is greatly appreciated! I want to level my truck, but not sure which brand of level kit to go with, to make it look perfectly level with Zero rake in either front or rear of my truck.

I must say, I’ve driven a lot of new trucks over the years and my 2019 Ram is hands down the nicest I’ve driven! Can’t beat a HEMI!

Thanks You!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends on the truck. Every truck is a little bit different. Some trucks only need 1.5" to level it, some need 3" to level. Best thing to do is to measure yours with a tape measure. Measure the front and then the back on level ground and see what the difference is. Measure from the center of the wheel, to the bottom of the fender. That's the only way to know for sure. 2-2.5" does it for most trucks. You also need to decide what kind of spacer you want. The Rough Country spacer you are talking about goes inside the strut assembly, and will result in a slightly harsher ride, but still not bad. You can also get a top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly and keeps it much closer to the factory ride. Either way, when you put bigger tires on it will have a much bigger effect on ride quality than the leveling kit.

Also, any leveling kit from the 4th gen 4wd trucks will work. The strut assembly is the exact same. Many users here are goin with a 2" or 2.5" MotoFab top hat spacer, and replacing the upper control arms with the Readylift UCAs off of Amazon. Since you already have the offroad package, I would highly recommend swapping the UCAs out when you do the leveling kit. I have the Readylift control arms and they are much better than the factory UCAs if you are doing a level.

Creep0321

Reaction score
It depends on the truck. Every truck is a little bit different. Some trucks only need 1.5" to level it, some need 3" to level. Best thing to do is to measure yours with a tape measure. Measure the front and then the back on level ground and see what the difference is. Measure from the center of the wheel, to the bottom of the fender. That's the only way to know for sure. 2-2.5" does it for most trucks. You also need to decide what kind of spacer you want. The Rough Country spacer you are talking about goes inside the strut assembly, and will result in a slightly harsher ride, but still not bad. You can also get a top hat spacer that goes on top of the strut assembly and keeps it much closer to the factory ride. Either way, when you put bigger tires on it will have a much bigger effect on ride quality than the leveling kit.

Also, any leveling kit from the 4th gen 4wd trucks will work. The strut assembly is the exact same. Many users here are goin with a 2" or 2.5" MotoFab top hat spacer, and replacing the upper control arms with the Readylift UCAs off of Amazon. Since you already have the offroad package, I would highly recommend swapping the UCAs out when you do the leveling kit. I have the Readylift control arms and they are much better than the factory UCAs if you are doing a level.
Link to UCA on Amazon?

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Link to UCA on Amazon?

ReadyLift 66-1921 2'' Leveling... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F4N89XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The Ready Lift kit leveled out my Rebel within a .5” from to rear. I installed the Moto fab spacers first and didn’t like the control arm angle so I went with the Ready lift kit.
4f85d3e1b224d8f0b48b4941d32b7f6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ORG with the 2019 Readylift 2” Level. With the level, my rear is 3/4” higher than the front which is perfect for my needs. When I tow my 3k lbs. boat setup, it is level so do consider your needs after level.

EJanx07

Reaction score

I hope I measured accurately (as close as I could with a cheap tape measure).
From the center of my hub, to the bottom of my fender lip:
Front = 22.5”
Back = 24.5”
Would a 2” spacer make my truck perfectly level?
My Big Horn has the ORP, and everyone’s results seem to vary on this forum. To me, common sense says yes, but I wanted to see what you guys think..
I’ll either go with a FabTech 2” or a Rough Country 2”.
I need to keep it as cheap as possible, so the wife doesn’t notice the missing cash, that simply disappeared. HAHA!

Jenn

Reaction score
I have the 2 1/2 Rough Country leveling kit. I'm really happy with it and my tires don't rub anymore. It is an expensive install if you don't do it yourself. Most estimates were between $550 to $750. You will also need to do an alignment. I ended up finding a place that charged me $450 including the alignment.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Ready Lift 66-1921 will get you within a 1/2” front to rear.

EJanx07

Reaction score
Ready Lift 66-1921 will get you within a 1/2” front to rear.

Ready lift’s include the spacers and UCA’s?
Is the replacement of the UCA’s required for a 2” level? I’m trying to do this, in the least expensive way possible.... my wife is getting pissed, that I’m spending so much money on my truck! Hahaha

Troop2865

Reaction score
As others have said, with the ORP, make sure to use new UCA’s with the 2-2.5 spacer. When you purchase the spacer kit, the spacer will not measure the same as the advertised lift. For example, the 2.5 inch lift measures just under 2 inches. It does provide the advertised lift.

If you have any mechanical ability and tools you can perform the job yourself. It is a good idea to have someone assist you so you have an extra set of hands. Check out some of the videos and it will help give you an idea of how the disassembly and reassembly goes. Allow yourself a day to do it. Once you do the first side, the second will go much quicker.

I think I had about $350 in parts and another $80 for an alignment. I used the RL UCA’s and Motofab 2.5 spacer. I have the Off Road Group. My front is now 1/2 inch lower than the rear. It rides great.

Good luck with the leveling kit.....and your wife.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the replacement of the UCA’s required for a 2” level? I’m trying to do this, in the least expensive way possible.... my wife is getting pissed, that I’m spending so much money on my truck! Hahaha

Do not compromise your $40k+ vehicle for a couple hundred bucks!

Luxy72462

Reaction score

I put the spacers on first and reattached the factory arms and the ball joint angle was ugly. So glad I got the kit with the arms. I didn’t feel like doing arms in the near future.

cblayloc

Reaction score

With users going with the motofab top hat spacer and the readylift UCA's, are they just not using the "top strut extension" spacer included with the readylift kit? Also I have herd of one user having clearance issues with the readylift kit at full droop and readylift said it was normal. Is anyone seeing this problem?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With users going with the motofab top hat spacer and the readylift UCA's, are they just not using the "top strut extension" spacer included with the readylift kit? Also I have herd of one user having clearance issues with the readylift kit at full droop and readylift said it was normal. Is anyone seeing this problem?
You can buy the Readylift control arms alone from Amazon. I have the Readylift arms and spacer and have not had any issues. Been running it for a year now.

cblayloc

Reaction score
You can buy the Readylift control arms alone from Amazon. I have the Readylift arms and spacer and have not had any issues. Been running it for a year now.
Do you have a link or part #? Thanks for the info.

EJanx07

Reaction score
Update: I installed a 2” Motofab on mine yesterday, and it’s looking perfectly level (looks SO much better). I verified with my dealership whether or not you actually need/should also switch out the UCA’s, and they said “No”. “You don’t need to worry about the UCA’s, with only going with a 2” level”. “Anything higher, then yes you should switch them out”. But if I was gonna take it off-roading a lot, I would switch them out, just for piece of mine.
Next upgrade: 33’s
What do you guys think would look the best?.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Update: I installed a 2” Motofab on mine yesterday, and it’s looking perfectly level (looks SO much better). I verified with my dealership whether or not you actually need/should also switch out the UCA’s, and they said “No”. “You don’t need to worry about the UCA’s, with only going with a 2” level”. “Anything higher, then yes you should switch them out”. But if I was gonna take it off-roading a lot, I would switch them out, just for piece of mine.

34's :cool:

R

Rob5589

33 will fit stock suspension. A 34'ish will look and fill the opening better.

Users who are viewing this thread