5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Options for 22' Limited Wheels with No Lift/Level

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I put Toyo at3 305/45r22 on my Ram (Big Horn, found some Laramie rims selling locally). I don’t have any air suspension. No lifts or spacers. I get NO rub whatsoever. Discount tire had a pair in stock in California that they transferred to the store local to me.

Loving them already. Obviously a much more athletic feel over the stock junk tires. It feels much more planted and solid now. I wish I would have went with a taller sidewalk but overall I’m happy. Little to no road noise, only lost about 1 mpg. (Speedo isn’t calibrated however). After mounting these, I think my itch to get some spacers to make the wheels stick out a little more is relieved since these stick out a little more due to the width, I will probably grab some motofab pucks next week to level the rake out some however. View attachment 117038 View attachment 117039 View attachment 117040 View attachment 117041
Very sharp looking truck.
How much were the wheels? Incase I ever sell mine. Ballpark?

Domt1775

Reaction score
I put Toyo at3 305/45r22 on my Ram (Big Horn, found some Laramie rims selling locally). I don’t have any air suspension. No lifts or spacers. I get NO rub whatsoever. Discount tire had a pair in stock in California that they transferred to the store local to me.

Loving them already. Obviously a much more athletic feel over the stock junk tires. It feels much more planted and solid now. I wish I would have went with a taller sidewalk but overall I’m happy. Little to no road noise, only lost about 1 mpg. (Speedo isn’t calibrated however). After mounting these, I think my itch to get some spacers to make the wheels stick out a little more is relieved since these stick out a little more due to the width, I will probably grab some motofab pucks next week to level the rake out some however. View attachment 117038 View attachment 117039 View attachment 117040 View attachment 117041

What size sidewall would you go with if you could do it over?

I’m putting the exact same size tires on my limited with and am contemplating doing a 1.5in spacer to give it a slightly more aggressive look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terrywarfield

Reaction score
Very sharp looking truck.
How much were the wheels? Incase I ever sell mine. Ballpark?

thank you!

I paid 1100 for the set with tires that had about 40% tread on them. I have seen come pretty wild spreads in pricing though as I was looking around. There was a guy selling a whole set of Laramie night Edition 22" for $800 but I would have had to drive 5 hours to get them, so I just went with what was local. His price was actually around $1800, but Im like dude you have been trying to sell these for a month and they are still sitting in you garage, lets make a deal, and it all took place from there

terrywarfield

Reaction score
What size sidewall would you go with if you could do it over?

I’m putting the exact same size tires on my limited with and am contemplating doing a 1.5in spacer to give it a slightly more aggressive look

I think I would have went with a 50 or 55 sidewall. Don't get me wrong, these are still LIGHT YEARS ahead of the stock goodyears, and they do give you a about an inch of extra height, plus, make your wheels stick out more since 305'S are wider than stock (I don't feel the need to get spacers anymore), BUT, now that I have these, I kind of wish I would have gone with 35's. But then of course, there's the whole losing 3MPG aspect too lol.

Let me sit down somewhere and be happy with what I have LOL

Domt1775

Reaction score
I think I would have went with a 50 or 55 sidewall. Don't get me wrong, these are still LIGHT YEARS ahead of the stock goodyears, and they do give you a about an inch of extra height, plus, make your wheels stick out more since they are wider (I don't feel the need to get spacers anymore), BUT, now that I have these, I kind of wish I would have gone with 35's. But then of course, there's the whole losing 3MPG aspect too lol.

Let me sit down somewhere and be happy with what I have LOL

HAHA I’m the same way man, I’m looking at 305/50/22s .. hoping they won’t rub. I just wanna be happy with what I have I’ve considered all kinds of lifts/levels . It’s harder cause I’ve got the air suspension so I’ve got the warranty to consider too.

I think I’m just gonna throw those tires on it and some spacers and call it a day for a while

terrywarfield

Reaction score
HAHA I’m the same way man, I’m looking at 305/50/22s .. hoping they won’t rub. I just wanna be happy with what I have I’ve considered all kinds of lifts/levels . It’s harder cause I’ve got the air suspension so I’ve got the warranty to consider too.

I think I’m just gonna throw those tires on it and some spacers and call it a day for a while

I get no rubbing at all (no air suspension or ORP). I actually think I’m going to just leave things as is, for now at least *evil laugh*

mcp6530

Reaction score
So hard to find xl rated 22's with a bit more sidewall. I think the 305/45 are too narrow but cant find anything bigger without going to lt.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
So hard to find xl rated 22's with a bit more sidewall. I think the 305/45 are too narrow but cant find anything bigger without going to lt.
K02 in 295/50R22 is all I found. Out of stock most places, and D rated 8-ply instead of E rated 10-ply. Maybe not enough of a difference.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
the BFG site says they don't make that size View attachment 117359
If you google them they show up at retailers.

Maybe call and see if their discontinued.

mcp6530

Reaction score
If you google them they show up at retailers.

Maybe call and see if their discontinued.
Oh yeah... those are lt. Was trying to stay away from lt

Domt1775

Reaction score
Yeah I dont think they would be noticeably diffferent from an E rated.
I think 305/45 is the most sidewall you can get in an XL
Unfortunately, you are correct. Spent hours looking last night and it looks like anything bigger than a 305/45 /22 is gonna be an E rated tire.. looks like I will have to sacrifice a bit of ride. I have not heard of it being that noticeable of a difference however.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are correct. Spent hours looking last night and it looks like anything bigger than a 305/45 /22 is gonna be an E rated tire.. looks like I will have to sacrifice a bit of ride. I have not heard of it being that noticeable of a difference however.
Your mpg's will suffer more than your ride.

Domt1775

Reaction score
how much are we talking? I expect a 1-2 MPG loss..

On this same topic, it seems my limited isnt even getting the promised MPGs from the window sticker to begin with :(

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I think this is accurate. My 285/55 ride fine, but are heavy. I also removed my air dams and dont wear my sealtbelt much so auto-start is never working.
Just remember if you dont recalibrate for tire size your MPGs will look worse than they actually are. I didnt recalibrate and show like 13.5mpg combined. What that is really, I dont know, maybe 15

Domt1775

Reaction score
I think this is accurate. My 285/55 ride fine, but are heavy. I also removed my air dams and dont wear my sealtbelt much so auto-start is never working.
Just remember if you dont recalibrate for tire size your MPGs will look worse than they actually are. I didnt recalibrate and show like 13.5mpg combined. What that is really, I dont know, maybe 15
recommendations for recalibrating the speedO? I am assuming the tazer does that but do shops have the ability to do so?

Side note: Revel just came out with a new package that includes the revel links, daystar spacers and improved UCAs - available for order on their website so I will likely have everything installed at once.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
how much are we talking? I expect a 1-2 MPG loss..

On this same topic, it seems my limited isnt even getting the promised MPGs from the window sticker to begin with :(
Oh and all the LT tires are like $480/ea, so dont rule out selling your 22's and getting 20's.
Tires are cheaper and likely could find a nice XL.
Not to mention get a proper offset if you wanted a little more.
You going to pay $2k for tires on the 22's.
Could get wheels and tires for $3k and get new 20's

Domt1775

Reaction score
Oh and all the LT tires are like $480/ea, so dont rule out selling your 22's and getting 20's.

You going to pay $2k for tires on the 22's.
Could get wheels and tires for $3k and get new 20's
I really like my limited night edition 22s though lol, I will shop around. I am looking at the AT3s

Users who are viewing this thread