5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Options for 22' Limited Wheels with No Lift/Level

MrV2u

Reaction score
I run 305/45r22 on stock Laramie rims. I leveled the front with 2 inch motofab spacers. No rub at all. I added 2 inch wheel spacers and had a slight rub when going in reverse on the small “mud flap”looking piece behind the front tires. I took them off and no rub what so ever. If that helps anyone.

mcp6530

Reaction score
Went from terra grapplers (305) on my big horne to ridge grapplers (also 305) on my limited now. Holy crap. Much rougher ride and noisy. I should have stuck with terras again. Are at3's as loud at ridge grapplers??

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went from terra grapplers (305) on my big horne to ridge grapplers (also 305) on my limited now. Holy crap. Much rougher ride and noisy. I should have stuck with terras again. Are at3's as loud at ridge grapplers??
Did you go from an XL to a LT tire? My 305/55R20 Ridge Grapplers are nearly as smooth riding as the stock tires. They are XL's.

Last edited:

mcp6530

Reaction score
Did you go from an XL to a LT tire? My 305/55R20 Ridge Grapplers are nearly as smooth riding as the stock tires. They are XL's.
No, they are 305/45/22 still xl. I don't know, I hear both sides from people but these are definitely louder than my terra's and stock goodyears. Not sure I will keep them on there.

Nbeck21

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but the amount of info here is phenomenal. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, they are 305/45/22 still xl. I don't know, I hear both sides from people but these are definitely louder than my terra's and stock goodyears. Not sure I will keep them on there.
Yeah, the Ridge Grapplers are louder than stock but for me it's a worthwhile tradeoff because I like how they look. I certainly understand wanting a quiet ride.

mcp6530

Reaction score
Yeah, the Ridge Grapplers are louder than stock but for me it's a worthwhile tradeoff because I like how they look. I certainly understand wanting a quiet ride.
Right, all about trade offs! I do love the look of them but willing to lose a bit of the aggressive look to have a quieter smoother ride :)

sessman

Reaction score
After reading through this thread it sounds like Michelin Defenders are still the best compromise of ride quality, cabin noise and performance in less than optimal conditions.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
Went from terra grapplers (305) on my big horne to ridge grapplers (also 305) on my limited now. Holy crap. Much rougher ride and noisy. I should have stuck with terras again. Are at3's as loud at ridge grapplers?
AT3 are very quiet, handle great on wet and dry

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I listen really really closely, I can hear the faintest hum from our new AT3's (Toyo Open Country). And damn these are some good tires, especially after living with the stock Goodyears for the last year. 🙂

mcp6530

Reaction score
If I listen really really closely, I can hear the faintest hum from our new AT3's (Toyo Open Country). And damn these are some good tires, especially after living with the stock Goodyears for the last year. 🙂
Are you guys running lt or xl? I want the bigger tires without lt feeling.

Domt1775

Reaction score
Right, all about trade offs! I do love the look of them but willing to lose a bit of the aggressive look to have a quieter smoother ride :)

I concur; from what I’ve seen there’s not a huge difference in noise. Plus I doubt it’s noticeable unless you’re sitting in silence in your truck while you drive.. which is weird to begin with imo . Always gotta have the radio going or a podcast

mcp6530

Reaction score
I concur; from what I’ve seen there’s not a huge difference in noise. Plus I doubt it’s noticeable unless you’re sitting in silence in your truck while you drive.. which is weird to begin with imo . Always gotta have the radio going or a podcast
Yeah...I am definitely driving with radio on :)
Just much louder than my terras... whether I am going 15 or 75....

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
After reading through this thread it sounds like Michelin Defenders are still the best compromise of ride quality, cabin noise and performance in less than optimal conditions.
That was my take-away too. I ordered a set of Defender LTX's in 305/45/R22 today so I'll be able to weigh in with my opinion soon.

I'm switching from BFG Advantage T/A's which were really good for the first 6 months but now seem to be giving up way too much traction in wet conditions for my taste.
They have around 30K miles on them now and two are almost down to the wear bar. I drive alot but they are easy miles so I stretch out my oil changes which also stretches out how often I rotate the tires. I really miss my unlimited rotate, balance and alignment package from Tire Kingdom!

MitchM

Reaction score
What are the specs for these OEM RAM 1500 Limited 22 x 9 wheels.
I would like to know what the Offset is.
Cheers

terrywarfield

Reaction score
That was my take-away too. I ordered a set of Defender LTX's in 305/45/R22 today so I'll be able to weigh in with my opinion soon.

I'm switching from BFG Advantage T/A's which were really good for the first 6 months but now seem to be giving up way too much traction in wet conditions for my taste.
They have around 30K miles on them now and two are almost down to the wear bar. I drive alot but they are easy miles so I stretch out my oil changes which also stretches out how often I rotate the tires. I really miss my unlimited rotate, balance and alignment package from Tire Kingdom!

Looking at these now. Id like to see some more pics of these mounted

Users who are viewing this thread