5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Duane

Reaction score

Good work on the aerial image.

Look, FCA: I will wait for my truck, but it is grossly disrespectful to not show mutual respect for/to your customers & directly indicate to this forum exactly what the present issue is with the RamBoxes.
I alone have custom-ordered over the years two Eagle Vision TSi, one Town & Country LXi AWD, three RAM 1500s, one 300C , and one Hellcat Chally.
Folks here are just asking to not be treated like mushrooms.
If the communication was even 1/10th as good as the actual product promises to be, we would'nt be so 'put-out'.

stubright

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I placed my order on 5/3 and the truck was built on 6/30. I ordered a limited 4x4 w/rambox in ivory also has anti-spin, 33 fuel tank 3.92 rear end, level 1, protection group, 22 wheels, pano roof & trailer brake control (retail is 67,420.00). The color is ivory tri-coat w/indigo int. It has been located in the budd yard for 9-days waiting to go KZ. (has passed inspection and vender add-on's). I have been tracking through the Jeep forum so I get updated twice a day. I will keep my progress updated I live in the Houston area.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I placed my order on 5/3 and the truck was built on 6/30. I ordered a limited 4x4 w/rambox in ivory also has anti-spin, 33 fuel tank 3.92 rear end, level 1, protection group, 22 wheels, pano roof & trailer brake control (retail is 67,420.00). The color is ivory tri-coat w/indigo int. It has been located in the budd yard for 9-days waiting to go KZ. (has passed inspection and vender add-on's). I have been tracking through the Jeep forum so I get updated twice a day. I will keep my progress updated I live in the Houston area.
We are already tracking you on a spreadsheet I believe.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Close to my truck except I have eTorque and 3.21 gears. Ordered on 5/7 and still in JB status.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For all of you who have been moved back to D status, I wonder if it allows you to request removal of the Rambox option through your dealer? Dealer can’t do it alone, but they can request it... I’ve been allowed two changes so far due to the backups and my current D status. Just a thought, one that I am considering and meeting with my salesman on Monday about.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all of you who have been moved back to D status, I wonder if it allows you to request removal of the Rambox option through your dealer? Dealer can’t do it alone, but they can request it... I’ve been allowed two changes so far due to the backups and my current D status. Just a thought, one that I am considering and meeting with my salesman on Monday about.
It is the #1 option for me. I just keep talking myself off the ledge of keeping my 2015 every day

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is the #1 option for me. I just keep talking myself off the ledge of keeping my 2015 every day
Yep, I’ve never had Ramboxes - new customer in fact unless you count my yellow ‘69 Dodge Dart when I was 16 - but I sure was sold on the convenience of them for storage... until the delays, doubts, and mystery surrounding production problems.

Camping season is dwindling, trade in value weakening. Will be a tough decision to drop this signature Ram option, but @RamCares needs to understand without further incentives to wait these lengthy and unexplained delays are costing customers real value.

1Raider

Reaction score
I agree and RAM should give us owners that's already in the system an incentive.. Wishful thinking as we all know that's not gonna happen..

Heck I cant even get the $500 mailer rebate coupon.. Lol

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@Jared B. Anything back from your contact?

Here's what I was able to dig up today through some inside contacts. You guys aren't going to like it.

The company that builds the RAMBOX beds is called pendaform, the same company as pendaliner Berliners. From what I've heard pendaform was severely mismanaged and just went belly up. They were previously called fabriform and were purchased in 2016 by trienda.

A quick search on Indeed came back with this by a previous employee at pendaforms plant.

“Management was untrained, worked at a high scrap rate, so the plant operated in the red. They had more bad parts returned than new parts shipped out.”

Pendaform sold osome of their equipment at an auction in October 2017 but kept the Mopar stuff.

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article...pendaform-to-sell-equipment-in-online-auction

I'm still awaiting an official word from FCA which I should hopefully have tomorrow but that's what some of my contacts have been able to dig up so far. Whether Ram has a backup supplier for RAMBOXES or not I'm unsure but right now it doesn't look so good.

Neocane

Reaction score
I'm blown away by the fact that FCA builds trucks, but doesn't manufacture ALL the parts themselves! They have big metal presses for body parts and what not. Why can't they just make the RAMBOX in house as well?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm blown away by the fact that FCA builds trucks, but doesn't manufacture ALL the parts themselves! They have big metal presses for body parts and what not. Why can't they just make the RAMBOX in house as well?

Thermoforming...plastic.

This would be the insides of the Ramboxes I believe, unless the lid is also plastic or has a plastic liner

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You would be surprised how little of a truck is built and made by the manufacturer. I work building locomotives and rail cars. They pretty much killed off the in house component shops.

Seeing as FCA Had a call out to vendors in one of the news articles...they were already trying to get some new blood.

ramfan

Reaction score
order my 2019 Laramie with rambox on May 15th and was told 8 weeks 10 weeks later was told end of aug.. problems was rambox vender.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Here's what I was able to dig up today through some inside contacts. You guys aren't going to like it.

The company that builds the RAMBOX beds is called pendaform, the same company as pendaliner Berliners. From what I've heard pendaform was severely mismanaged and just went belly up. They were previously called fabriform and were purchased in 2016 by trienda.

A quick search on Indeed came back with this by a previous employee at pendaforms plant.

“Management was untrained, worked at a high scrap rate, so the plant operated in the red. They had more bad parts returned than new parts shipped out.”

Pendaform sold osome of their equipment at an auction in October 2017 but kept the Mopar stuff.

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article...pendaform-to-sell-equipment-in-online-auction

I'm still awaiting an official word from FCA which I should hopefully have tomorrow but that's what some of my contacts have been able to dig up so far. Whether Ram has a backup supplier for RAMBOXES or not I'm unsure but right now it doesn't look so good.
Look at the date. They wouldve never opened the rambox for order if this stopped production. This happened in January.

Users who are viewing this thread