5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the date. They wouldve never opened the rambox for order if this stopped production. This happened in January.
That particular article was from 2017. If you read his post you will see they have changed names a few times.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That particular article was from 2017. If you read his post you will see they have changed names a few times.

Correct, I also stated that they kept the Mopar equipment. Which they would have been using to produce the parts for the Rambox.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Here's what I was able to dig up today through some inside contacts. You guys aren't going to like it.

The company that builds the RAMBOX beds is called pendaform, the same company as pendaliner Berliners. From what I've heard pendaform was severely mismanaged and just went belly up. They were previously called fabriform and were purchased in 2016 by trienda.

A quick search on Indeed came back with this by a previous employee at pendaforms plant.

“Management was untrained, worked at a high scrap rate, so the plant operated in the red. They had more bad parts returned than new parts shipped out.”

Pendaform sold osome of their equipment at an auction in October 2017 but kept the Mopar stuff.

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article...pendaform-to-sell-equipment-in-online-auction

I'm still awaiting an official word from FCA which I should hopefully have tomorrow but that's what some of my contacts have been able to dig up so far. Whether Ram has a backup supplier for RAMBOXES or not I'm unsure but right now it doesn't look so good.

this just put me on suicide watch:cry:. at least we have somewhat an answer. thanks again Jarred. this explains a lot. back to the drawing board i guess?

Last edited:

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And most likely the Rambox lids as well.

The Ramboxes are procrating?!?!?! Who forgot to have the birds and the be s
this just put me suicide watch:cry:. at least we have somewhat an answer. thanks again Jarred. this explains a lot. back to the drawing board i guess?

Probably not the drawing board. I would imagine that FCA probably paid for the molds, so if they can / did get it out there, they can qualify another thermoformer.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely there is a backup supplier that just needs to be brought online. Hopefully I will have an official word for you guys tomorrow.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
The Ramboxes are procrating?!?!?! Who forgot to have the birds and the be s

Probably not the drawing board. I would imagine that FCA probably paid for the molds, so if they can / did get it out there, they can qualify another thermoformer.

OK- you guys got me off "THE LEDGE" i would think if they are still taking RAMBOX orders they have a backup plan?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
OK- you guys got me off "THE LEDGE" i would think if they are still taking RAMBOX orders they have a backup plan?

I'd almost guarantee it. They are most likely being produced by the back up supplier at this point, the issue is that Ram would have to revalidate and test the parts to make sure they're of the expected quality or higher than from the previous supplier.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Relax. It's obvious that there is an issue with a supplier. They are manufacturing the rambox equipped trucks but at a snail's pace. 10 per day I guess. And if there were fitment issues, that would obviously slow it down even more. They are being built. And if FCA opened them up for order without a supplier or the ability to produce them, then FCA would be the biggest buffoon of the auto industry and possibly business itself.

1Raider

Reaction score
Ram Should do the right thing and try to compensate those us that's having to wait imop. @RamCares im still waiting for my $500 mail voucher that everyone else has gotten but me seems like. I've gotten everything else in the mail BUT that...

Duane

Reaction score

My RamBox RAM Limited was built 07/18; in storage (JS) since then.
They would not have built it unless the mystery missing piece was not expected soon, I'd think.
Again, I do hate the thought though of my new Indigo color leather dash out there baking in the August sun.....I don't suppose the bothered to cover it. Regrettable.
Regardless, I'll be calling every day this week; if it should ship I'll immediately advise them the forum.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram Should do the right thing and try to compensate those us that's having to wait imop. @RamCares im still waiting for my $500 mail voucher that everyone else has gotten but me seems like. I've gotten everything else in the mail BUT that...

Have your dealer look in their system for it. I didn't receive another mailer but when my dealer search last week they found I was eligible for the $500 bonus cash

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have your dealer look in their system for it. I didn't receive another mailer but when my dealer search last week they found I was eligible for the $500 bonus cash
I wouldn't get in a rush. I received another mailer, and it will expire 8/31...long before I expect to see my truck ;)

Phiefer

Reaction score
I would say a dealer would gladly change the order for you, as mine did (color). May mean a new order, but would guess your existing order would just go on the lot. If the dealer can verify the 3rd party rambox vendor having issues, he could probably get FCA to cancel the first order.
I for one will hang in here until Sept. If I don't get the rambox, I most likely wont take the truck. For 65k, the truck is going to be exactly as I want it. Dealer has me price locked with FCA and will honor my trade price, so for now, I will just wait and 'stew' over the delay and lack of FCA communication.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would say a dealer would gladly change the order for you, as mine did (color). May mean a new order, but would guess your existing order would just go on the lot. If the dealer can verify the 3rd party rambox vendor having issues, he could probably get FCA to cancel the first order.
I for one will hang in here until Sept. If I don't get the rambox, I most likely wont take the truck. For 65k, the truck is going to be exactly as I want it. Dealer has me price locked with FCA and will honor my trade price, so for now, I will just wait and 'stew' over the delay and lack of FCA communication.

Did they give you an indefinite hold on trade in price? That's what finally got me...i was putting on enough mileage that they started talking renegotiating trade in value...and since we had no way of knowing if it was going to be another week or 6 months, I didn't want to take the financial hit.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Relax. It's obvious that there is an issue with a supplier. They are manufacturing the rambox equipped trucks but at a snail's pace. 10 per day I guess. And if there were fitment issues, that would obviously slow it down even more. They are being built. And if FCA opened them up for order without a supplier or the ability to produce them, then FCA would be the biggest buffoon of the auto industry and possibly business itself.

@Kramersp. for some strange reason- you telling someone to relax-makes me relax. :)

Phiefer

Reaction score
Did they give you an indefinite hold on trade in price? That's what finally got me...i was putting on enough mileage that they started talking renegotiating trade in value...and since we had no way of knowing if it was going to be another week or 6 months, I didn't want to take the financial hit.
Not indefinate. I am trading a 2008 Mercury Milan in. 3k trade. Most of cars value already gone. We discussed vehicle and trade on Fri 7/27, same day I found out my D1 status went back to D.

Users who are viewing this thread