5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Kramersp

Reaction score
I've been told 4 times by ram to check back the week of August 6th. I think they will be rolling around then.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with our Ram Regional Manager. The word he has from Corporate is that the trucks are expected to start shipping between 8/13 and 8/15. He said he should know for sure after he has his call on the 1st, but that he doesn't think that will change.

He says the issue is purely a supplier issue. Basically they opened ordering up earlier than they originally planned for sold orders because of demand, but suppliers simply weren't ready and are now playing catch up. He wasn't positive which part exactly is missing, but says he believes it is the lids. So there is no design flaw, or actual problem outside of just suppliers not being fully ramped up and ready for production. Basically Chrysler didn't want to lose orders for sold customers and in the process has now just infuriated a bunch of people instead.

Again, expect shipping to start next month between 8/13 - 8/15, but I will follow up with him again after the 1st and his corporate call. Seems legit though, and was an actual answer from someone up the chain.

Definitely sounds plausible, I hope orders start shipping sooner than that but what he is saying makes sense. If this is the case it would definitely be nice if Ram would announce this and at least cool some nerves.

jscoc

Reaction score
Anyone have issues at your dealers for backing out on your orders with your deposits, I've been trying to be patient and positive. but I was looking today on cargurus and found my exact truck minus rambox the next state over from me. I'm gunna wait until the second week in August for that 12 week mark so I'm in my dealers 8-12 week range it's just very tempting right now.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with our Ram Regional Manager. The word he has from Corporate is that the trucks are expected to start shipping between 8/13 and 8/15. He said he should know for sure after he has his call on the 1st, but that he doesn't think that will change.

Good news, hopefully true. Would you be willing to ask whether SHAP could prioritize the build and shipping of all the backed up Rambox trucks (like still in D older than 30 days or something) in order to clear the backlog and rebuild customer trust and satisfaction? Once the log jam is cleared just set those orders at normal build/ship priority.

Just an idea to help them hold on to and relieve some frustrated customers. It is just wrong for three week old orders to be passing three month old orders.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have issues at your dealers for backing out on your orders with your deposits, I've been trying to be patient and positive. but I was looking today on cargurus and found my exact truck minus rambox the next state over from me. I'm gunna wait until the second week in August for that 12 week mark so I'm in my dealers 8-12 week range it's just very tempting right now.
My dealer had no issue either giving my deposit back and looking for a different truck as I was starting week 13 and they saw that they had moved me back from D1 to D.

jscoc

Reaction score
My dealer had no issue either giving my deposit back and looking for a different truck as I was starting week 13 and they saw that they had moved me back from D1 to D.
It's not that I want my deposit back just transferred to another truck if nothing happens with the ramboxes in two weeks, hopefully August has some good news but who knows:unsure:. I have to make an appointment to bring my 16 in for a recall so figured I'd kill two birds with one stone

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that I want my deposit back just transferred to another truck if nothing happens with the ramboxes in two weeks, hopefully August has some good news but who knows:unsure:. I have to make an appointment to bring my 16 in for a recall so figured I'd kill two birds with one stone

Exactly what I did....transferred my deposit.

FLG8R

Reaction score
After more than 16 weeks waiting on my Rebel QC (placed my order on March 7th) I got my $500 deposit returned to me last week. Granted its not the dealers fault but keep in mind its not mine either. When you get to the point where you can no longer imagine yourself saying, " it was worth the wait " thats when its time to walk. And then theres always the thought that, what if it finally shows up and turns out to be a lemon. I wasn't about to find out. Eventually I'll get my 2019 Ram but right now it just wasn't meant to be.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of waiting until the 5th gen made it to the 2500s, but I needed a truck, and I found a great deal in SoCal, so I went ahead and jumped in. So far, really pleased. View attachment 1859

Nice truck, I drove a 2018 3500 Laramie Sport with the Cummins HO and Aisin trans a few month ago, really started to get me thinking of going with an HD.

CaliTex

Reaction score
Nice truck, I drove a 2018 3500 Laramie Sport with the Cummins HO and Aisin trans a few month ago, really started to get me thinking of going with an HD.
Thanks. The 1500 Limited would have been nice in an entirely different way, but I ended up with this for a price very close to where I was on the 1500. The weight and torque (and engine brake) are a bit addictive. I’ve described it like this to friends: this truck doesn’t drive you — you drive it. It wouldn’t be much fun as a daily driver, but it’s great on the road Haven’t towed with it yet but will soon.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I am still tracking my original order with Ramboxes. I LOVED the idea, never had them before but unfortunately couldn't wait (for no other reason than I wanted my new shiny thing now :cautious:). I keep a bunch of recovery gear and just in case gear in my vehicles, and thought it would be nice to have that all organized and clean looking. If there was a Rambox on the lot in June, I would have gladly spent the extra grand to have them. With that being said, I justified not waiting on my order because I literally saved a thousand dollars by buying now, and either way I was still going to have to buy a MX4 bedcover to stick the stroller, random kid things, etc. So I just keep a few totes from Lowes in the back now and...voila, DIY ramboxes. View attachment 1854
I love the TM hahaha

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You went back to D? I wonder how many other people on the Google Spreadsheet have as well.......

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I did as well, except MOTS still has me at D1. I tried using the online chat system last night and got an ambiguous answer. Factory has all parts, but build not scheduled. It was late last night, he had issues locating my order, I will check again when the sun comes up

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You went back to D? I wonder how many other people on the Google Spreadsheet have as well.......

That's what dealerconnect showed on Thursday when my sales person looked it up while I was there

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I did as well, except MOTS still has me at D1. I tried using the online chat system last night and got an ambiguous answer. Factory has all parts, but build not scheduled. It was late last night, he had issues locating my order, I will check again when the sun comes up

Yep, definitely back in D status

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Slim, you need to change the note on the spreadsheet, you no longer have the honor of being the oldest order to still be in D status, both snowman and mine are back to D status and we ordered before you. Although am not sure snowman counts, as he gave up waiting

Users who are viewing this thread