5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather dash delamination.

CajunHeat

Reaction score
A little background. I have 46k miles on my 2019 Limited truck and the bumper-to-bumper is out. My truck stays parked in a garage almost 24/7 and gets used about once every 2 weeks. I noticed a couple bubbles in the leather on the dash a couple weeks back.

I called FCA customer service (800-399-2668) and talked to a representative on Monday the 13th. They started a ticket and told me to make an appointment at a local dealer for yesterday morning and then call them back and they will escalate the case and would help me out. I followed their instructions thinking that nothing would happen other than me being out of pocket for the dash replacement. To my pleasant surprise, a FCA called me after I dropped off my truck lettings me know that they were going to pay for the dash replacement and all I needed to do was pay $100 deductible. I'm all over that. They are currently sourcing the part from another dealer locally and the repair should start tomorrow.

Will post a follow up after this is complete but so far so good with FCA's response. I guess a lot changes in a company in 20 years, as I had a 2002 Ram with the dash disintegrated and they told me to take a flying leap back then.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
A little background. I have 46k miles on my 2019 Limited truck and the bumper-to-bumper is out. My truck stays parked in a garage almost 24/7 and gets used about once every 2 weeks. I noticed a couple bubbles in the leather on the dash a couple weeks back.

I called FCA customer service (800-399-2668) and talked to a representative on Monday the 13th. They started a ticket and told me to make an appointment at a local dealer for yesterday morning and then call them back and they will escalate the case and would help me out. I followed their instructions thinking that nothing would happen other than me being out of pocket for the dash replacement. To my pleasant surprise, a FCA called me after I dropped off my truck lettings me know that they were going to pay for the dash replacement and all I needed to do was pay $100 deductible. I'm all over that. They are currently sourcing the part from another dealer locally and the repair should start tomorrow.

Will post a follow up after this is complete but so far so good with FCA's response. I guess a lot changes in a company in 20 years, as I had a 2002 Ram with the dash disintegrated and they told me to take a flying leap back then.
You got lucky and congrats! They have not done that to all that are having the issue. This is a good precedent for others to follow.

Just understand, the new one will do it again too as they have made no changes to the dash that would prevent it from happening in the future.

CajunHeat

Reaction score
You got lucky and congrats! They have not done that to all that are having the issue. This is a good precedent for others to follow.

Just understand, the new one will do it again too as they have made no changes to the dash that would prevent it from happening in the future.
If the dash does it again in 4 years it might be time to trade it in on one of those new fangled e-letric Rams.

CajunHeat

Reaction score

The dealership finished the dash replacement yesterday. Before I was going to pick it up today Maureen from Chrysler called to tell me that there would not be any charge at all for the dash replacement. This was a gift that I am thankful for, seeing how my truck was out of warranty. Best experience I have had so far with getting repair work done on my truck. It's now back home and my wallet is none the lighter. This also renews my faith in RAM.

Last edited:

1badmopar

Reaction score
I also have a 2019 Limited 2500 garage kept with 72k and the dash is delaminating. It is my 4th Ram heavy duty and the only one to have this issue. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. Ram needs to stand behind these dash issues and make the repairs. The other gripe I have is the chrome trim low across the doors is bubbling as well. In addition we all know about the common issue with the ram box painted side skins delaminating. I have been to the dealer twice for that as well. I think the 2019 Rams had some serious quality issues at the manufacturer level.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Welp, add me to this poor club now. Beautiful leather dash has a bubble in it at 35K miles. I have already had the whole steering rack replaced and the front USB hub doesn't work, so I was wondering which of the common issues was next. At least my roof/rear window isn't leaking...yet.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Welp, add me to this poor club now. Beautiful leather dash has a bubble in it at 35K miles. I have already had the whole steering rack replaced and the front USB hub doesn't work, so I was wondering which of the common issues was next. At least my roof/rear window isn't leaking...yet.
Keep an eye on the headers, they tend to crack and give you a nice new ticking sound when cold starting.

dalailama23

Reaction score
I also have a 2019 Limited 2500 garage kept with 72k and the dash is delaminating. It is my 4th Ram heavy duty and the only one to have this issue. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. Ram needs to stand behind these dash issues and make the repairs. The other gripe I have is the chrome trim low across the doors is bubbling as well. In addition we all know about the common issue with the ram box painted side skins delaminating. I have been to the dealer twice for that as well. I think the 2019 Rams had some serious quality issues at the manufacturer level.
My 2019 has 15000 miles on it . almost never comes out of the garage and has those bubbles in the trim also

tdelano

Reaction score
I am also sadly in the same situation as others have mentioned. My 2019 1500 Limited has bubbles all over the dash. @RamCares it’s very disappointing that a truck that cost so much has such bad workmanship.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am also sadly in the same situation as others have mentioned. My 2019 1500 Limited has bubbles all over the dash. @RamCares it’s very disappointing that a truck that cost so much has such bad workmanship.
Hey tdelano,

We regret to see your disappointment with your vehicle. If you'd like some assistance with your dash, please reach out to us. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If anyone is experiencing an issue with their leather dash, please reach out to us. We'd like to get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares
im having issues with my dash and door cards (passenger and driver) message has been sent

JHRI

Reaction score
Unfortunately my Ram is shrinking or coming undone and I should had taken it when i noticed it at 49,000 miles, I'am at 54k and don't think i will get any help from the dealer. .

I took it to my local dealer for a recall which i told them I was going to wait when making the appointment and when I arrived I was told I would have to leave it all day and would need to get a ride home. Who does that???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unfortunately my Ram is shrinking or coming undone and I should had taken it when i noticed it at 49,000 miles, I'am at 54k and don't think i will get any help from the dealer. .

I took it to my local dealer for a recall which i told them I was going to wait when making the appointment and when I arrived I was told I would have to leave it all day and would need to get a ride home. Who does that???
That's on individual dealerships. Some are better than others.

Idletime19

Reaction score
First post - I'm in the same boat with a 2020 Limited bubbling leather dash (38 months after puchase). This just showed up at the end of the year. It's bubbled up in front of the driver as well as the passenger side.

I guess I hit the daily double as I also have the rear window leaking - got the letter from FCA extending the warranty on that, and took my truck in this morning to the closest dealer. They said they would order the parts for the leaking rear glass and let me know when to bring the truck back.

As far as the dash went, the dealer said it wasn't covered. I'll contact Ram CS and see.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First post - I'm in the same boat with a 2020 Limited bubbling leather dash (38 months after puchase). This just showed up at the end of the year. It's bubbled up in front of the driver as well as the passenger side.

I guess I hit the daily double as I also have the rear window leaking - got the letter from FCA extending the warranty on that, and took my truck in this morning to the closest dealer. They said they would order the parts for the leaking rear glass and let me know when to bring the truck back.

As far as the dash went, the dealer said it wasn't covered. I'll contact Ram CS and see.
This is why I will not buy another RAM. This $hits been going on with this dash since 2019 and it's still happening on the 2023's too...no excuse for RAM not to address this with their supplier and get it resolved. It is clearly a case of using a poor/defective glue that cannot hold up to either heat, UV, or both:mad:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is why I will not buy another RAM. This $hits been going on with this dash since 2019 and it's still happening on the 2023's too...no excuse for RAM not to address this with their supplier and get it resolved. It is clearly a case of using a poor/defective glue that cannot hold up to either heat, UV, or both:mad:
I’m going to have mine reupholstered this spring . Mines starting to peel/lift around the speedo and looks terrible

Idletime19

Reaction score
I'm going through the process (case #, dealer appt, etc) so will update this thread when I have a resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread