5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather dash delamination.

1500DFW

Reaction score
I have an appointment for the dealer to look at it. I did buy it new in February 2019 and found on the forum a lot of these also experienced leaking air through the door seals.

Any updates on this? Will they do the repair? Warranty or out of pocket? Cost? Turn around time?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any updates on this? Will they do the repair? Warranty or out of pocket? Cost? Turn around time?
If in warranty, they will REPLACE your dash which is a full-day job. They do not repair the leather or the dash...they rip out the entire dash and install a new one. The sad part is that nothing has changed, so the new one could do it again in time. If you are out of warranty, you are SOL.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If in warranty, they will REPLACE your dash which is a full-day job. They do not repair the leather or the dash...they rip out the entire dash and install a new one. The sad part is that nothing has changed, so the new one could do it again in time. If you are out of warranty, you are SOL.

Not to mention any squeaks associated with the dash swap...

Topsella40

Reaction score
How has your 2021 been with this issue?

Is there a consensus as to how to prevent it? Like putting ceramic window covering (clear or slightly tinted) on the windshield? It sounds like only using leather products and not Armor-All type products on the dash is also advised?

Trying to figure out how widespread this problem is, as I have a Limited on order (indigo/frost).
What leather products do u reccomend for dash?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What leather products do u recommend for dash?
Funny that you ask. With all of the issue happening with delimitation...and it's just a matter of time...anything you put on the dash could be used against you by the dealer to deny a claim...I have heard of others having this issue with RAM and their dealers. If you are out of warranty, I have always liked Lexol products. They have en around FOREVER and make very high-quality products. You can find their products most anywhere, but here's a link:

1500DFW

Reaction score
Has anybody gotten their dash replaced? How long did it take? Any rattling issues? Everything fit correctly? Any issues after completed?

I’m having mine done at the RAM dealership through CarMax’s warranty. So no cost to me. I’m having them do the air conditioning TSB while they’re in there too.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anybody gotten their dash replaced? How long did it take? Any rattling issues? Everything fit correctly? Any issues after completed?

I’m having mine done at the RAM dealership through CarMax’s warranty. So no cost to me. I’m having them do the air conditioning TSB while they’re in there too.
Several folks had it done. Some with better results than others. Some it turned out great...others they forgot to hook up a few wires :oops: I haven't hard of any "rattle" issues after the work was done, but it is a full day job...like 8+ hours. It's major surgery and I decided to trade in my 19 for a 21 after it did it since I didn't trust the fact its would be 100% after they did it. The bigger issue is that it can/will happen again as the new dash is no different than the one they're replacing. RAM really needs to get their $hit together!

1500DFW

Reaction score
Several folks had it done. Some with better results than others. Some it turned out great...others they forgot to hook up a few wires :oops: I haven't hard of any "rattle" issues after the work was done, but it is a full day job...like 8+ hours. It's major surgery and I decided to trade in my 19 for a 21 after it did it since I didn't trust the fact its would be 100% after they did it. The bigger issue is that it can/will happen again as the new dash is no different than the one they're replacing. RAM really needs to get their $hit together!

Well that’s disheartening. Hopefully there are no issues and it at least lasts a few years. One last question, when you got yours replaced did the new dash have the accent lighting that runs along the glove box and under the gauges and all that? I heard that they removed that in later years. My 19 has it and it’s one of my favorite features. I’d hate to lose it because of a new dash. And have to reinstall it myself at my cost.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Well that’s disheartening. Hopefully there are no issues and it at least lasts a few years. One last question, when you got yours replaced did the new dash have the accent lighting that runs along the glove box and under the gauges and all that? I heard that they removed that in later years. My 19 has it and it’s one of my favorite features. I’d hate to lose it because of a new dash. And have to reinstall it myself at my cost.
I had mine done, took 1 day. No rattles or any misfits on anything. Looks like the day it was bought.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If anyone is experiencing an issue with their leather dash, please reach out to us. We'd like to get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares

Sloane466

Reaction score
The dash on my 2019 Limited was bubbling at 8000 miles. Unfortunately, it was one month out of warranty and they wouldn’t repair it. I live in a mild climate (Bay Area) so it’s not just an issue with the heat over time. It’s obviously a defect with their adhesive. I wish they would take responsibility for it. On cold mornings the dash is so wrinkled that the speaker on top of the dash rattles. So disappointed. Has anyone successfully repaired it at an independent upholstery shop?

RamCares

Reaction score
I’ve reached out weeks ago. They just wanted my registration information. And then fell off the face of the earth.
Hey 1500DFW,

We do apologize for the delay in communication. We've alerted the customer care agent you were previously working with and expect they should be back in touch with you soon.

Callie
Ram Cares

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The dash on my 2019 Limited was bubbling at 8000 miles. Unfortunately, it was one month out of warranty and they wouldn’t repair it. I live in a mild climate (Bay Area) so it’s not just an issue with the heat over time. It’s obviously a defect with their adhesive. I wish they would take responsibility for it. On cold mornings the dash is so wrinkled that the speaker on top of the dash rattles. So disappointed. Has anyone successfully repaired it at an independent upholstery shop?
Yep...as I said from the very beginning. It is an adhesive issue and the sad part is that the vendor hasn't changed a thing after all of these years.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I've been around a lot of expensive luxury & sport cars, many with leather dash, and after a few years, they all start to shrink and delaminate from the dash.

I wonder if there really isn't a fix for this. That leather simply shrinks in the heat. Probably the only fix is to convert it over to vinyl.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of the carpeted dash mats available on Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/