5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather dash delamination.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My "issue" was clear early in the morning. Especially if my windows were cracked and humidity/moisture got it. The leather would swell and had clear bumps all over the area. If the windows were closed the sunlight would tighten the leather like new. However you could tap on it and feel that drum sound, which was clear that the Leather was not glued down.
I’m confused on why you quoted me, when I was talking to PaRam about the USB connection problem. RamCares could probably assist you also.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My "issue" was clear early in the morning. Especially if my windows were cracked and humidity/moisture got it. The leather would swell and had clear bumps all over the area. If the windows were closed the sunlight would tighten the leather like new. However you could tap on it and feel that drum sound, which was clear that the Leather was not glued down.
It was glued down...the glue is deteriorating and the leather is pulling away from the dash. It is a glue issue and nothing more. Hopefully the dash manufacturer has changed the glue type, or supplier, and is not using a glue that will stand up the test of time.

PapaT

Reaction score
Very disappointed… I just got off the phone with FCA and even though I’m within my warranty by time not by mileage they are wanting to deny the claim of the delamination Dash. I know I did and as well as many others purchased a limited due to the beautiful interior that it comes with. I think it’s very unfortunate that they feel that they have a right to deny the claim when they know there’s a real serious issue. They did say that they will try to escalate it up but I have my doubts.
I’ve talked to, emailed and chatted with @RamCares and Stellanis about the dash delamination on my 2019 Limited.

Since this is a no contact point on the vehicle, and a known manufacturing problem, Ram should take care of it. But they have denied to accept any liability. This is my 4th Ram and I also own a 2020 Durango Citadel. Very disappointing.
Ram Don’t Care

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I’ve talked to, emailed and chatted with @RamCares and Stellanis about the dash delamination on my 2019 Limited.

Since this is a no contact point on the vehicle, and a known manufacturing problem, Ram should take care of it. But they have denied to accept any liability. This is my 4th Ram and I also own a 2020 Durango Citadel. Very disappointing.
Ram Don’t Care
Reach out to Jerome:
The Chrysler Case Management telephone number: 1-844-378-0575
My direct extension: 4061408

TRAM1900FL

Reaction score
Just to chime in for those who are having this issue.. when I went to the dealer (Florida) it was a quick glance at my dash which was pretty bad by that time and they ordered a new one. Said it would come in in 8 weeks average but took more like 4 weeks before i got the call to come in. This was back in October '21. While I was dropping off for service the comment was that they have several more to do and one guy who works there that does them every day pretty much. It takes 1 whole day to do as far as the labor.

The tech also told me that they improved the glue used. Only time will tell.

river rat

Reaction score
I was extremely lucky that my local dealer had a new dash in stock, only took two days. So far, so good on the replacement.

86grand

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you that have had the dash replaced. Did you have any other problems after having the dash replaced like rattles, squeaks, fitment or anything that wasn't there prior to replacement? Is the new dash showing any signs of delamination? I just noticed my 21 is pulling up in the same area as others have mentioned and it has a staple showing clearly through the windshield when I was cleaning it earlier. Truck has less than 5000 miles and always properly detailed. I've noticed the quality control is getting worse since my 19 Limited and even that had lots of factory defect and blemishes that should have never left the factory.

Attachments

• IMG_3590.jpg
    IMG_3590.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 70

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you that have had the dash replaced. Did you have any other problems after having the dash replaced like rattles, squeaks, fitment or anything that wasn't there prior to replacement? Is the new dash showing any signs of delamination? I just noticed my 21 is pulling up in the same area as others have mentioned and it has a staple showing clearly through the windshield when I was cleaning it earlier. Truck has less than 5000 miles and always properly detailed. I've noticed the quality control is getting worse since my 19 Limited and even that had lots of factory defect and blemishes that should have never left the factory.
Many that had it done stated no issues after the dash replacement. Really not much choice but to do it as there is no repair option.

86grand

Reaction score
Many that had it done stated no issues after the dash replacement. Really not much choice but to do it as there is no repair option.
I plan on bringing it in to get repairs done under warranty. It would be nice if I could send them pics to order a replacement, before wasting hours at the dealership. I just went 2 weeks ago and waited 3 hrs for an oil change. I see most of the issues people mentioned were on 2019s, but on the 21 and up with the HUD, it seems like it could increase because of the additional cuts and curves in the dash.

jdpowe49

Reaction score
Hi all, proud owner here for all of three weeks. Love the truck in spite of a few flaws here and there. But a new one came up this week where there is an air bubble on top dash. Directly above the shift knob where the center hip slopes down toward the gauge cluster. Obviously it’s concerning but curious if anyone else has this issue and dealt with it via dealer. I can’t get it to dealer for a few days. Thanks for feedback!
Our son’s 2019 Limited is having the same issue with the leather dashboard. He’s elevated it to FCA. Did they fix yours?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have a staple in your dash?? Did you buy the truck used?

86grand

Reaction score
You have a staple in your dash?? Did you buy the truck used?
Sorry I just saw reply. Bought it brand new. Looks like the staple is hidden below the dash on the nice dashes. Must have been pulled up when the leather delaminated.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry I just saw reply. Bought it brand new. Looks like the staple is hidden below the dash on the nice dashes. Must have been pulled up when the leather delaminated.
Wow that's something I haven't see on a new truck before. Hopefully your dealer can get you in soon, I'm sure that is frustrating to look at.

BMem

Reaction score
Just got in my 2019 Limited to go somewhere today and noticed the dashpad on both sides of the center console de-laminating. When I bought this truck I really liked the design but I am really questioning my decision by all of the design flaws happening to it. The doors wouldn't seal and all you could hear is air leaking through, the dealer actually bent the doors inward at the top 1/4 inch so they don't even line up to the body of the truck anymore and they said that is the best they could do. It's fixed. I can still hear air noise on the highway over 45 MPH , the rattling under the truck which turned out to be a defective drivers side upper A arm they replaced. Now 12 months later the passenger side is doing the same thing. The USB C connectors below the center console both corroded until the dreaded error appeared on my display taking up the entire top half of the screen so it was unusable until the USB connections were replaced. There never was any liquid spilled into these connectors and only the C connectors corroded green. The USB 2.0 connectors were perfectly clean.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just got in my 2019 Limited to go somewhere today and noticed the dashpad on both sides of the center console de-laminating. When I bought this truck I really liked the design but I am really questioning my decision by all of the design flaws happening to it. The doors wouldn't seal and all you could hear is air leaking through, the dealer actually bent the doors inward at the top 1/4 inch so they don't even line up to the body of the truck anymore and they said that is the best they could do. It's fixed. I can still hear air noise on the highway over 45 MPH , the rattling under the truck which turned out to be a defective drivers side upper A arm they replaced. Now 12 months later the passenger side is doing the same thing. The USB C connectors below the center console both corroded until the dreaded error appeared on my display taking up the entire top half of the screen so it was unusable until the USB connections were replaced. There never was any liquid spilled into these connectors and only the C connectors corroded green. The USB 2.0 connectors were perfectly clean.
The leather delamination issue, amazingly, still exists even in the new trucks. You would think that RAM would have forced the vendor to find a better way to attach the leather to the dash or find a new vendor. Mine did it too and I got rid of my 19 because of it. Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. With used car pricing still high, I'd dump it while you can and see what you can get for it in trade as most all dealers are still desperate for used cars/trucks.

Sparcky

Reaction score
on my 22 Limited Anniversary model the door hand holds are peeling away. Very poor quality interior for a top of the line truck. talked to dealer and they agreed, saying they have seem similar with steering wheel. Need to get on them again. Of the other two Limited I have had, 2017 and 2019, the 2022 interior quality is by far the worst.

BMem

Reaction score
The leather delamination issue, amazingly, still exists even in the new trucks. You would think that RAM would have forced the vendor to find a better way to attach the leather to the dash or find a new vendor. Mine did it too and I got rid of my 19 because of it. Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. With used car pricing still high, I'd dump it while you can and see what you can get for it in trade as most all dealers are still desperate for used cars/trucks.
It's really a shame to take such good care of a vehicle and yet have it fall apart from all the manufacturers defects . Ram really needs a class action lawsuit to give remedy to all the buyers of these trucks!

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really a shame to take such good care of a vehicle and yet have it fall apart from all the manufacturers defects . Ram really needs a class action lawsuit to give remedy to all the buyers of these trucks!
did you ask your dealer or ram to change it under warranty? if out of warranty under goodwill?

also have you check if your truck was accidented before buying it? with the door problems and a arm etc... it could be

Last edited:

BMem

Reaction score
did you ask your dealer or ram to change it under warranty? if out of warranty under goodwill?

also have you check if your truck was accidented before buying it? with the door problems and a arm etc... it could be
I have an appointment for the dealer to look at it. I did buy it new in February 2019 and found on the forum a lot of these also experienced leaking air through the door seals.

Users who are viewing this thread