5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

hammersfd

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean? You don't need to get to the passive entry antenna. That has nothing to do with ACC or semi-auto park. Sorry, I'm confused.
There's a plug from the rear harness, that goes into a module behind the rear license plate that is not accessible.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's a plug from the rear harness, that goes into a module behind the rear license plate that is not accessible.
Oh, you mean to get to the harness for the sensors? Well, my truck didn't come with passive entry, I added it later. I'm not sure on how to get to it.

KIBarrister

Reaction score
Saw a post elsewhere (another forum) and trying to understand without going through 62 pages. 2021 Laramie, came from the factory with FCW. Other forum indicated that is the same camera needed for ACC. If you have the camera are other parts needed to enable ACC apart from the wheel mounted button (and subsequent enabling in firmware)? It seems the instructions were written for a model that didn't have any of the tech options; trying to determine if the other parts like the ABS module, center stack, etc. would be needed still or those work with a truck that has [lesser] tech packages.

Thanks!

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread is actually set up pretty well to help from having to sort through all 63 pages. On page 1 of this thread there is a PDF that walks you through the process. Post 2 should be the situation you have and explains what is needed for parts.

KIBarrister

Reaction score
This thread is actually set up pretty well to help from having to sort through all 63 pages. On page 1 of this thread there is a PDF that walks you through the process. Post 2 should be the situation you have and explains what is needed for parts.
Awesome - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jako