5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

I didn't end up needing to do that, I wasn't able to even see the proper button that the instructions mentioned. See post 763 and the ones after for my adventure in this. For reference, I have a 22 Rebel, only came with FCW, no BSM, LKA, ACC, etc.

It sounds like you're saying you can't even run the ABS initialization procedure, is that correct? I don't remember that being an issue for me. You keep saying JSCAN, are you using that or AlphOBD? And you say you're waiting on parts, does that mean you don't have everything installed? All the things need to be installed and all the programing done or it's not going to work correctly.
I have both JScan and AlphaOBD. I could not get Alpha to initialize the new part. It turns out that it was in plant-mode and had to be disabled first - prior to initialization. In JScan that was easier to fix than Alpha. I also was able to do the FULL initialization using JScan over Alpha. it walked me through all three steps - static initialize - G (whatever) lat. Calibration - and clear Rolls info. No need to fuss with hacking Alpha to get to the Lat acceleration calibration.

When done, the vin was assigned. Cool.

BUT, like others, I have the EPB error and it hasn't gone away with cycling, etc.

I also have LKA and FCW errors, now, after installing the new steering wheel module and editing all settings. FUN.

I drove over 30 miles and am letting the truck sit with battery disconnected as others have mentioned doing for some miraculous, non-logical, fingers-crossed fix. Maybe it's some special voodoo and I'll be lucky.

I'll post back as it progresses or digresses.

Last edited:
I want to thank you all for all this accumulation of knowledge.

I do not own a Ram but a Gladiator. Yesterday, I was able to complete the installation of ACC on my Gladiator using some information from this thread.

One thing I wanted to add to this is that I learned during my installation process, I found that AlfaOBD could not "initialize" my used ABS unit or perform any of the sensor calibrations.

One thing it was able to do is, it deleted the old VIN. I do not know how it happened but it did.

1000036485.jpg
I used Witech2.0 with J2534 cable to initialize the used ABS module and trained the DASM using my laptop and now I finally have a working ACC.

1000036448.jpg

I ended up training it twice and each session took about 5 min. Used hotspot from the vehicle for the laptop to keep connection for Witech2.0.

Once the DASM calibration was done, it still had some codes including C2227 from DASM that I was able to clear by re-initializing the ABS module.

1000036463.jpg

Thank you all for the inspiration and willingness to help!

1000036477.jpg

I have both JScan and AlphaOBD. I could not get Alpha to initialize the new part. It turns out that it was in plant-mode and had to be disabled first - prior to initialization. In JScan that was easier to fix than Alpha. I also was able to do the FULL initialization using JScan over Alpha. it walked me through all three steps - static initialize - G (whatever) lat. Calibration - and clear Rolls info. No need to fuss with hacking Alpha to get to the Lat acceleration calibration.

When done, the vin was assigned. Cool.

BUT, like others, I have the EPB error and it hasn't gone away with cycling, etc.

I also have LKA and FCW errors, now, after installing the new steering wheel module and editing all settings. FUN.

I drove over 30 miles and am letting the truck sit with battery disconnected as others have mentioned doing for some miraculous, non-logical, fingers-crossed fix. Maybe it's some special voodoo and I'll be lucky.

I'll post back as it progresses or digresses.
Congrats @DailyDriven, that is awesome. I feel like I need a better software tool myself - especially one to initialize a new RF Hub.

Here is the update: after letting it sit overnight with the battery disconnected. I plugged it back in, started up. The only error left was the Electronic Parking Brake not being initialized (which is BS). I guess the Voodoo really does work - for the most part. (I can't believe the memory cache can survive as long as it did. Must be some hell-a long-life capacitors in there.)

I took it for a drive and got to experience ACC for the first time in my life. That was so friggin cool!!!

Now, If I can just get rid of the Parking brake light, I'll be golden.

Congrats @DailyDriven, that is awesome. I feel like I need a better software tool myself - especially one to initialize a new RF Hub.

Here is the update: after letting it sit overnight with the battery disconnected. I plugged it back in, started up. The only error left was the Electronic Parking Brake not being initialized (which is BS). I guess the Voodoo really does work - for the most part. (I can't believe the memory cache can survive as long as it did. Must be some hell-a long-life capacitors in there.)

I took it for a drive and got to experience ACC for the first time in my life. That was so friggin cool!!!

Now, If I can just get rid of the Parking brake light, I'll be golden.
Computers are weird, that's for sure. Who knows why the whole "letting it stew" method seems to be working, all we know is that it does.

As far as the parking brake one, did you try cycling it a few times? If I'm not mistaken I had to run it on and off I couple times for it to adjust itself and it worked fine with no errors. I feel like there might be a button for it in Alfa but I'm not positive and would have to drag my laptop out to the truck to figure that out for sure. I don't really want to do that as it's my main computer and is a bit of a pain to deal with the multitude of cables I have plugged into it.

One thing with the ACC I've noticed, it's a bit rough on the brakes when people are slowing down significantly, like SoCal traffic I have to deal with. It's also pretty rough in slow moving traffic, really wants to get up and go, and when it figures out it can't it hits the brakes pretty hard. It's not nearly as smooth as I was hoping it would be, but for dealing with regular traffic flow it's pretty darn good. Better than my Tacoma was, at least. At any rate, be cognizant of that until you start learning all the quirks, doesn't take long to get used to it and train yourself how to best use the system.

Can anyone clarify what parts I need if I have the Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus and Auto High Beam features?

2024 1500 Laramie

Can anyone clarify what parts I need if I have the Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus and Auto High Beam features?

2024 1500 Laramie
It's all in the first and second posts. Mainly the 2nd one.

I can now confirm that a used DASM can be used for this project. I successfully calibrated 2 used ones in my truck this weekend.
When you have the dealership do the calibration, tell the tech to perform the following on the DASM:
1) Perform the enter plant mode routine
2) Clear all DTCs. This will get rid of the vehicle configuration mismatch, and allow the calibration to be run.
View attachment 151626

View attachment 151627

Then they can run the calibration like they normally would:
View attachment 151628

View attachment 151629
How many steps does the ACC take am having problems with it getting past 40 and it takes almost 20 minutes to even get there just driving in town and highway. 2022 ram 1500 with a lift kit and after market tyres ride height is about 1015mm

How many steps does the ACC take am having problems with it getting past 40 and it takes almost 20 minutes to even get there just driving in town and highway. 2022 ram 1500 with a lift kit and after market tyres ride height is about 1015mm
What do you mean by steps? Are you saying that you can't set ACC past 40 MPH? Can you add more detail like what are you doing from start to finish?

Thanks for reply, am trying to calibrate the DASM, the forward facing camera is getting to 100% easy but the adaptive cruise control step its taking very long to calibrate. And the radar adjustment is done as per witech2 instructions.

The PDF in the first post. The last two alpha characters are just revision numbers. So, those are the same ABS part numbers.
So you’re saying any of the ABS modules will work if they have the 68436462 the revision number is irrelevant? I ask because there are at least 9 revisions I can find and some of them are significantly cheaper than others and on sites that have “compatibility charts” some only list certain trim model truck. I am looking at buying the revision AF to use on 2033 Rebel but according to the compatibility list of trucks it’s only for the 1500 Classic (listing the warlock and tradesman). Just want to make sure trying to save $150 doesn’t actually cost me $250 from buying the wrong part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back