5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed instructions on adding these features to a RAM 1500. I have everything I need to start the process except the wiring harness that goes from the rearview mirror to the CANBUS under the dash. I know you have instructions on building a harness, but I would like to buy one if possible. Do you happen to have a part number for the harness?
I don't believe there's a part number for it. I think you would need to replace the whole harness and that will be a lot more work. You might see if @Jimmy07 can make you one.

RickTech10

Reaction score
I don't believe there's a part number for it. I think you would need to replace the whole harness and that will be a lot more work. You might see if @Jimmy07 can make you one.
Have you chatted with Jimmy07 lately, I messaged him, but have not gotten a response. Didn't know if he was still active on these forums. Thanks,

wbama387

Reaction score
Man there is a lot of good info here! Hats off to everyone who figured all this out. Found more items I want to add to my truck and currently want to get LKA. I saw a couple post about it for the HDs but only that you can’t just turn the warning on that you will need all the other components like the torque overlay. I know this is the 1500 forum but is anyone able to point me in the direction of getting LKA added to my 2019 2500? Really trying to find information on this custom harness needed for the torque overlay. Thanks in advance.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might have better luck at hdrams.com? A lot of the same smart people who work with this are over there and others might have better specific info for you.

Users who are viewing this thread