5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the switch installed and made the bcm changes. However now I have no ACC, no FCW and no standard cruise, along with lights and messages telling me so. I am not pulling any stored codes, so I guess I’ll keep looking around for something I might’ve missed. I did get it to pop up once and say ACC ready, but then it went away when I did something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats why I went with the windows version, Can use any BT enabled laptop or my Surface pro.

I don’t have a windows pc anymore. The one I had for tuning my Titan finally died and I never bought another one.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the switch installed and made the bcm changes. However now I have no ACC, no FCW and no standard cruise, along with lights and messages telling me so. I am not pulling any stored codes, so I guess I’ll keep looking around for something I might’ve missed. I did get it to pop up once and say ACC ready, but then it went away when I did something.

Oh boy..... hoping there is just a missed setting of some sort.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jimmy07, any ideas? The only procedure I’m not seeing in the abs is the longitudinal sensor calibration.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh boy..... hoping there is just a missed setting of some sort.

I double and triple checked them all. But you never know. Probably should’ve left things alone until after I take it in on Thursday since it died on me again today while driving.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I double and triple checked them all. But you never know. Probably should’ve left things alone until after I take it in on Thursday since it died on me again today while driving.

The truck just died on you while driving today? Damn, that isn't a good sign!

St-na

Reaction score

Did You upload Your system ID, prior to new settings?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck just died on you while driving today? Damn, that isn't a good sign!

Not the first time. And I’m not the only one it’s happened to. Luckily it has just been on the base so it was low speed low traffic. No codes, no warning lights, nothing. Engine just shut off while coasting to make a low speed turn. Guess now I have two issues to have them look at.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did You upload Your system ID, prior to new settings?

I’ve got a copy from before I made any changes pertaining to any of this. Worst case I can have the dealer do a restore.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07, any ideas? The only procedure I’m not seeing in the abs is the longitudinal sensor calibration.

Can you send me your current bcm system ID as a google drive link? I’ll take a pass through it real quick.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you send me your current bcm system ID as a google drive link? I’ll take a pass through it real quick.

Yeah, give me a few minutes and I’ll hook back up to it and pull it.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No change this morning other than my settings showed back up in Uconnect. The standard cruise, ACC, and AEB are all still disabled. If I change the settings for the FCW in the Uconnect, within a couple of seconds it beeps and goes back to off. Since the part number for the HCU are the same on my truck as well as the limited I looked at recently, I wonder if the ABS module itself is different on the 21's and they all just use the same HCU?

@tdb0021, is the ABS module a fairly simple swap, or does it require bleeding the system as well?

St-na

Reaction score
Yeah, give me a few minutes and I’ll hook back up to it and pull it.

Keeping our fingers crossed. Nothing bad, like died truck happened with tbd0021, during his project. Hope when issue is solved You will share
No change this morning other than my settings showed back up in Uconnect. The standard cruise, ACC, and AEB are all still disabled. If I change the settings for the FCW in the Uconnect, within a couple of seconds it beeps and goes back to off. Since the part number for the HCU are the same on my truck as well as the limited I looked at recently, I wonder if the ABS module itself is different on the 21's and they all just use the same HCU?

@tdb0021, is the ABS module a fairly simple swap, or does it require bleeding the system as well?
Keeping our finger crossed. Did MaythemMoor checked Your current bcm system ID? I hope You will share final system ID with us. Did You also install new center stack with lane assist button, or only ACC?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keeping our fingers crossed. Nothing bad, like died truck happened with tbd0021, during his project. Hope when issue is solved You will share

Keeping our finger crossed. Did MaythemMoor checked Your current bcm system ID? I hope You will share final system ID with us. Did You also install new center stack with lane assist button, or only ACC?

Jimmy07 looked over my BCM settings and everything looks as it should and there are no faults stored in the modules that correspond to the lights on the dash. I have not installed the center stack yet, it shouldn't affect the ACC side of things.

St-na

Reaction score
Jimmy07 looked over my BCM settings and everything looks as it should and there are no faults stored in the modules that correspond to the lights on the dash. I have not installed the center stack yet, it shouldn't affect the ACC side of things.
Yes, I understood it shouldn't. My center stack is expected this week, just thinking to do that part of the project first, there were no problems shown on Your track when LKA settings has been change in BCM. Basically, if You change Your ACC BCM settings to original, You should have Your track back to operation with possible ACC button fault shown. Or not? Just a temporary solution, before the reason of the troubles found.

tdb0021

Reaction score

With anything - it'll just take a bit of trial and error before we figure out the procedure. I figured something along these lines would happen.

ABS module swap is easy and can be done rather quickly - no bleeding required. its the HCU that is more labor intensive. Do you have any ABS error messages? Check each module for active troubles. I remember seeing "acc valves not calibrated" when i made my HCU/ABS swap. If you connect to 2016/2017 jeep cherokee under the adaptive cruise control module you can pull codes from the DASM.

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With anything - it'll just take a bit of trial and error before we figure out the procedure. I figured something along these lines would happen.

ABS module swap is easy and can be done rather quickly - no bleeding required. its the HCU that is more labor intensive. Do you have any ABS error messages? Check each module for active troubles. I remember seeing "acc valves not calibrated" when i made my HCU/ABS swap. If you connect to 2016/2017 jeep cherokee under the adaptive cruise control module you can pull codes from the DASM.

I'll see if I can connect to the dasm, I'm not getting any codes from anything else so far even though the warning lights are on. I should have the dealer run the VIN on the Limited and see what it shows for a part on the ABS module compared to mine, perhaps they are different.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I understood it shouldn't. My center stack is expected this week, just thinking to do that part of the project first, there were no problems shown on Your track when LKA settings has been change in BCM. Basically, if You change Your ACC BCM settings to original, You should have Your track back to operation with possible ACC button fault shown. Or not? Just a temporary solution, before the reason of the troubles found.

I'm hoping reverting the settings back will undo the errors, I will try that today.

Users who are viewing this thread